Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 07:14 PM   #1

36CK2 tv

I have a 2020 36CK2 and towing with a 2001 ram 3500 drw longbed. I will be looking to upgrade to a late model ram 3500 and was wondering if anyone has towed the same 5er or similar with the shortbed or swr and how did it tow. Also which hitch did you use. Looking to keep my options open.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #2

Pull a '19 CK2 with a '19 SRW GMC Duramax, 6.5' bed with the puck mounted B&W Companion slider. Not sure we needed the slider but we have a very tight turn around with a very narrow street at our house. I do use the slider for this turn but never used it at any camp ground.
This unit is a pleasure to drive, very stable on the road. We do have a trailair pin box on the fiver which does a great job. Sweet ride!
Old 02-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne272 View Post
I have a 2020 36CK2 and towing with a 2001 ram 3500 drw longbed. I will be looking to upgrade to a late model ram 3500 and was wondering if anyone has towed the same 5er or similar with the shortbed or swr and how did it tow. Also which hitch did you use. Looking to keep my options open.
I am towing a 34RL Cedar Creek with a Dodge/Ram Mega Cab. The trailer tows like a dream.I do not even notice the trailer when it is being towed, other than the trailer blocking the rear view mirror in the truck. For my model year this has the same wheel base as a long bed truck, but uses a short bed (6.4) box behind the cab.

I did have a manual slider Reese hitch that lasted 10 years before the hitch need to be replace. I replaced this hitch with a DEMCO GLIDE Hitch which is an auto slider hitch. The reason I went with the DEMCO GLIDE Hitch is this does not require a capture plate with the TRAILAIR RIDE PIN BOX like the Pull rite needs.
The DEMCO GLIDE will also work with the puck system on the new RAM trucks or mount to the STANDARD RAILS if so, equipped.