Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2020, 11:07 PM   #1

37mbh OneControl issue...

Weird issue going on with OneControl in my trailer. Went out to it a couple days ago and battery was down to 6.8v and exhaust fan was barely moving. I park it at my house and normally leave it plugged in to shore power, but didn’t do it this time (long story). Anyhow, I did leave the battery on so I could keep the exhaust fan running. Long story short, I plugged her back in and went on about my day. Today we get to our campsite and on my onecontrol monitor, everything is showing “offline” accept for my two ac’s and levelers. I have reset the onecontrol multiple times as well as the actual receiving unit for the monitor to no avail. My question is two pronged...why would my battery have drained with only exhaust fan running (bought trailer new in Jan, battery is listed as new in Oct 19). Secondly, what the heck am I missing with the “offline” accessories on my control panel. I can’t monitor my tank levels, can’t turn on half of my lights, can’t open/close awning etc. I’m at a loss...any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI, I talked to LCI tech support this evening and they said it’s more than likely a voltage issue and when battery (single) is back to fully charged, the system should reset all accessories and they’ll come back online. So far it’s a no go. Battery is showing at 13.3v through my solar charger.

Anyway, thanks in advance foe any suggestions. I’m feeling like it’s something simple I’m totally overlooking.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:51 AM   #2

Battery Issue

There are other items coming off the battery at all the times. Also do you have a residential Frig? This is a large load on a battery that will drain it fast. If you do it will drain faster than your truck can charge it on long trips, you will need multiple batteries to ensure you have 12v power when you arrive at your destination.

Another consideration is that if you took your battery that low, there is a good possibility that it is now bad and will never be the same. I don't know that I have ever see a 12v battery get to ~6V. At about 10.5v a 12V battery is considered 100% discharged.
jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblack View Post
There are other items coming off the battery at all the times. Also do you have a residential Frig? This is a large load on a battery that will drain it fast. If you do it will drain faster than your truck can charge it on long trips, you will need multiple batteries to ensure you have 12v power when you arrive at your destination.

Another consideration is that if you took your battery that low, there is a good possibility that it is now bad and will never be the same. I don't know that I have ever see a 12v battery get to ~6V. At about 10.5v a 12V battery is considered 100% discharged.

Thanks for reply. I do not have a residential fridge. And I suck with electricity, so I could be wrong on voltage...I did not hook up a meter. I was simply going by was the solar panel showed when checking after I noticed the exhaust fan barely moving. The panel also shows battery at 37mAh for what that’s worth.

I do believe you’re right on the battery being toast. Going to replace today and see if that takes care of issue.

Thx again.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #4

Tested battery with load and voltage is good. I’m at a loss