Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #1

38el electrical issue with jacks

Last time camping our jacks quit after unwitting. Panel lit up and would accept commands but error message stating operation timeout always showed up and jacks never moved.

Talked to Lippert customer service and he helped me track it down to no power to the solenoid. Kudos to Lippert customer service being open on a Thursday night about 7pm!

He had me trace the power wire(s) to where they supposedly got power. They went to this block. 2nd post down on the left is where I moved them to and it worked. They had been on the right side top post and that had no power. No fuses inside the power panel are bad. My big question is what is the block with the posts and copper bus bars? I feel no switch or circuit breaker on it's base. The bus bars don't cover all posts, so it's not meant to just give power everywhere. Anyone know what it is? I need to know if it went bad and I need to replace it?Click image for larger version

Name:	20201021_184421.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	241740
B&W Companion 25k
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
Site Team

Those devices that you see the mounting holes for, that are under the copper bars are 12 volt breakers (ShortStops). There should be small buttons on the narrow side of them that is a reset. (In fact if you look close you will see the black buttons on the breakers popped out.)

If you move the wiring back to the post you removed it from and press the reset buttons on both top breakers to reset them you should have power again.

Moving them as you have removed the protection provided by the breakers, so those wires are basically connected directly to the battery(s).
Old 10-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #3

Perfect! Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
B&W Companion 25k
DRock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical, jacks