Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2016, 11:57 AM   #21

Spring Fix

Tom - just to let you know that after about 1500 miles the fix failed. Think the spring kept flexing the rubber support piece and it broke off near the bolts that secured it to the outside edge of the slide. We are 3 weeks into a 5 month trip so I'm glad I still have the bunge cords.
justbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #22

Thanks Justbob. I have not yet done that still just tie wrapping up each time. Will look at another option someone mentioned earlier.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:04 PM   #23

Tom, think that Cedar Creek should come up with a permanent fix and pay to have it done on all 38RD's that they sold. Seems like we all have this problem.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #24

They pushed me to the dealer but I don't have faith in the dealer fixing. I am going to try one more time to see if they can come up with a fix from the engineers at Cedar Creek.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:53 PM   #25

Should we try to get more owners to complain to them?
I'm going to send another message to Henry Sears on Monday. It's definitely an engineering failure and they need to step up to the plate and take care of this.
Old 06-18-2016, 09:08 PM   #26

I sent a message to Ray who started the CC owners club and has a good working relationship with them. He had help to communicate back in December for me. Yes we should find out how many 38RD owners are having the issue so we can give CC an idea of the magnitude. Based on how this is designed I can't imagine that not everyone is having this issue. Also since they discontinued the model there may be only a small amount having this problem compared to the other models that may have many more owners. I wish I could make the frog rally this year to see what they could do at the rally. Maybe next year.

Tom
2016 Ford Power Stroke F350 Lariat Crew Cab Long Bed Dual Wheel
2015 Cedar Creek 38RD Hathaway Edition
Old 07-07-2016, 01:20 PM   #27

Same unit same problem. Heading north from Florida to Pa. the wires were chewed up by the tires. Dinning table light didn't work. Looked under slide and noticed damage. Even the wire harness had the tire indentation in it.
wmbuttion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:36 PM   #28

It's obviously an engineering issue that Forest River needs to correct and make it right. We have had so many issues - large and small with ours that we are considering trading our's off. It appears that quality control was on the back burner when ours was made.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbob View Post
It's obviously an engineering issue that Forest River needs to correct and make it right. We have had so many issues - large and small with ours that we are considering trading our's off. It appears that quality control was on the back burner when ours was made.
Could not agree more, I get the impression that FR CC is really only concerned about selling you a trailer today but not supporting it tomorrow.

This has been my experience and consequently I will never own another FR product and will trade as soon as it is financially possible.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #30

Justbob, I am thinking of developing a short version of the rubber swing arm by connecting two short aluminum pieces together hinged on one side like an A the two hinges on the other end one attached to slide and one to the frame. This is how we handle technology servers in a rack with swing arms. I am thinking this will be more durable and being aluminum would be light weight. Achieves the same theme of the rubber swing arm but should not sag. Might have a friend weld the hinges to the aluminum so not having to worry about bolts coming loose. Just need to make sure secured property to the frame and slide out.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:27 PM   #31

I think you have a lot more engineering skills than the people that designed the setup we currently have. Not sure I'm going to mess with it any more. Will just use my small bunge cords and live with it until we can afford to get something else. I don't think it will be a Forest River product. Having problem with outside light over the door and the step light. Both stopped working at same time so thought the switch was bad. Pulled the panel and got the switch out. It seemed to test ok - so put a new bulb in the above door light - it came on even though I still had the switch out laying on the table??? Put switch back in and it operated the door light - step light was still not working. Pulled that bulb and went to check for voltage - as soon as the probes touched the contacts the door light went out and won't come back on - it's still a good bulb. Now scratching my head again.
Old 07-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #32

38RD Dining Room Slide Under Belly

Sounds good Justbob.

Tags
roo, slide