Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #1

6 Point "Level-Up" Hydraulic Leveling System When Stored

In a week we are going to be the happy and proud owners of a 2019 Silverback 37MBH. Moving up from our current 5er of 10 years to this one is going to be quite the change since the new one has so many gadgets and creature comforts over our 2009 model.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is the automation level-up system. Boy is that going to be a time saver!

When the camper is not in use, we will be storing it in our barn. The barn has a smooth concrete floor, 16' ceilings, etc. It's used to store the farm equipment as well so it'll be kept out of the elements.

For those that have the level-up system, do you use them when storing the camper (other than the front ones)? Can they completely lift the camper off the tires to help protect the tires (or even change them)?

Thanks in advance!
jd4010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd4010 View Post
In a week we are going to be the happy and proud owners of a 2019 Silverback 37MBH. Moving up from our current 5er of 10 years to this one is going to be quite the change since the new one has so many gadgets and creature comforts over our 2009 model.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is the automation level-up system. Boy is that going to be a time saver!

When the camper is not in use, we will be storing it in our barn. The barn has a smooth concrete floor, 16' ceilings, etc. It's used to store the farm equipment as well so it'll be kept out of the elements.

For those that have the level-up system, do you use them when storing the camper (other than the front ones)? Can they completely lift the camper off the tires to help protect the tires (or even change them)?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Trailer stays in my driveway (concrete), slides out, power on, leveled up..........all the time. Just as if I was camping.

They can for sure. Some people worry about doing that, and some don't. I don't like tires off the ground, trailer too heavy, tires give great support. That's just me, though.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #3

We've done both, stored leveled, and stored with only front landing jacks down.
Just be sure to wipe down cylinders with silicone or dry lube spray before you bring them up after being extended for a long period.
Yes, I use my 6 point hydraulic level-up system to lift tires off ground, one side at a time using blocks on the lifting side to prevent jacks from fully extending (and to provide enough lift to get tires off the ground). I wouldn't lift both sides off the ground at the same time as your shackles will flip, and it can be fun to get them to flip back correctly.
We have boondocked with tires off the ground for up to 6 weeks. No problems.
Enjoy! Best option ever.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 AM   #4

Appreciate the responses.

Looking forward to picking her up....5 days and counting!
jd4010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, leveling