Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #1

6 pont level system

After my Cedar Creek 36ck2 was done leveling I notice one of the passenger side wheels us off the ground a little bit. My dealer told me to make sure the wheels were not for the ground as it would cause towing problems. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:49 AM   #2

Happens to me lots of times as well as many others. Hasn't hurt a thing. Spent several months on a site with two wheels off the ground. No problem. If you aren't convinced, call Lippert customer service.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #3

Thank you for the fsdt reply and suggestion to call them
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #4

Put a block or two under it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #5

Make sure the shackle on the spring did not flip when the wheel was off the ground
denville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #6

Absolutely nothing wrong if tires on ONE side are off the ground. Usually, shackle plates only flip if both sides are off the ground.
We've been using our Level-Up for 7 years, and usually have one sides tires off the ground when boondocking. After a bit, you don't even notice it, much less care
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #7

Our side entry driveway has a slight pitch away from the house for water drainage. When I level our 33IK at home, the driver side wheels come off the ground just enough to spin them. I consider that normal and have had no problem leaving it that way for a week or more with no problems.

When we had a travel trailer, I would drive it onto 3/4" boards on the low side to level it at home. I think your Level Up system is just doing what it's supposed to do.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #8

Manual

For mostly level sites auto level is fine. On sites that are not very level I use the leveling system in manual mode. I have found auto mode raises the 5th wheel higher than it needs to be to be level. In manual mode I can level it and still keep the wheels on the ground most of the time. I don't think having a couple wheels off the ground hurts anything but I feel the RV is a little more stable with all the wheels on the ground.

2016 Blue Ridge 3025
2012 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Dura Max crew cab
RonAnne48858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAnne48858 View Post
For mostly level sites auto level is fine. On sites that are not very level I use the leveling system in manual mode. I have found auto mode raises the 5th wheel higher than it needs to be to be level. In manual mode I can level it and still keep the wheels on the ground most of the time. I don't think having a couple wheels off the ground hurts anything but I feel the RV is a little more stable with all the wheels on the ground.

Good post.

Also, I have lately experimented with sites that are actually fairly level from left tires to right tires.........BUT the sewer connections are higher. I'm about to go visit a friend that has connections at his house, and it's that way.

I have Snap Pads. Great things! But at his house, I take double 2X8 blocks also and get the trailer manually on those blocks. THEN when it's already a tad higher, I hit auto level. To be honest, that has worked most times but not always. Sometimes I have to do what is mentioned above and use the pad to level manually.

I do realize that the newer LCI 6 Point systems have a different looking pad, and sometimes manual leveling is harder. I love the old ones like mine.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #10

The parking crew at the Goshen rally in '16 parked me on the side of a hill (the area beside the old barn and the next entrance after the main entrance). My driver side wheels were 6 inches off the ground and still not level. I had to go buy some 2x8's to put under some of the left side jacks and the wheels. The Lippert representative that stopped by said they did not recommend that.
I haven't ever heard of a problem from anyone that did it temporarily.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 PM   #11
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
Happens to me lots of times as well as many others. Hasn't hurt a thing. Spent several months on a site with two wheels off the ground. No problem. If you aren't convinced, call Lippert customer service.
At the Goshen Rally I went to the Lippert talk and asked the speaker about that. He told me the wheels should NOT be off the ground. The leveling system is designed to level the RV, not support it's weight. The wheels are to take the majority of the support weight.

My Lippert manual says the same thing. If someone has something different, IN WRITING, please show me.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 10:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schetinin View Post
At the Goshen Rally I went to the Lippert talk and asked the speaker about that. He told me the wheels should NOT be off the ground. The leveling system is designed to level the RV, not support it's weight. The wheels are to take the majority of the support weight.

My Lippert manual says the same thing. If someone has something different, IN WRITING, please show me.
That's why I'll never go back to that event. I was there two days early and Bob still wouldn't let me move my camper after I showed him how out of level it was and that it was not recommended. He could not have cared less. Said that where the parking crew put you was where you had to stay.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 11:21 PM   #13

Of course they are going to say that. It's called CYA.
I realize the front levelers are a little thicker than the rears, but you think nothing of supporting the front of your fifth wheel with them for months. Also, there are 4 jacks in the rear. From what I've read on how much each jack can support, they will more than handle the full weight of my RV. And if it was really dangerous, you know they would of made it impossible for the jacks to lift the tires off the ground.
Also, I've been doing it for seven years. I'm comfortable with tires off the ground indefinitely. But, as always, do what makes you comfortable. If I followed every CYA comment/suggestion by manufacturers, I wouldn't be using anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post

Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:29 AM   #14

My 2015 SB 29re would raise a tire from time to time. I decided to back in , check level, add blocks under tires as needed, and level manually.
I often stay for 1 to 2 months. Kinda enjoy the process. Always thought I would re- calibrate the system per the manual, just haven't as of today.
WyomingJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 12:18 PM   #15
wls

I'm on two wheels right now
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote