Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2017, 10:00 AM   #1

? About availability of water at Morryde service facility

I am having an independent suspension installed on my RV next Tuesday. I understand there are no dump stations at the complementary sites but somewhere I got the idea that water was available at some location at the plant. I can't find where I got that idea now, and I am wondering if I need to transport water from my house. I would prefer not traveling with a full tank of water if I can fill up at Morryde. If you have any information that would help me I would appreciate it. Of course I waited to think of this until it was too late to contact the plant
Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:06 AM   #2

I had it done a few weeks ago. I was told there is water, and there is.........if you have a very long hose and are willing for everyone that drives by to run over it. It's on the side of the building where they do the actual installation work, one faucet inside, one inside. The doors are many times open 24 hours, they are open and working all day and night. But the parking (6 spots) with power pedestals are about 75 feet away from those spigots. Now........if you wanted, you could hook up to water, fill your fresh water tank, and then remove the hose.........that would work.

You're there 2 nights.........and the 2nd night you are inside the factory. There, you can easily hook up to water and power.........not sewer of course.

Hope that helps.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:13 AM   #3

Here's a picture of where we parked. We're in Site #1.......(note, the power is on opposite side for each unit, but it's marked on the pedestal). If you stood in front of my truck and walked straight for about 75 feet, that's where the building is where they do the work and which has the faucet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morryde.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	150379  

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 09-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

The picture was especially helpful. Now I have an idea of what the parking area looks like. It appears the spots are very close together and only one slide can be extended. I was not planning on leaving the water hose hooked up -- just filling the freshwater tank. I will make sure I've got plenty of hose. Any suggestions you have would definitely be appreciated. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and sharing information with me.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #5

When we were at MOR-ryde, we filled up the fresh water tank before parking. Then no need to worry about running the hose. The folks there provide the BEST service we have ever experienced. They are an exceptional company!

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #6

Thanks John. That is what we did. We arrived at Morryde yesterday because we did not want to travel on Labor Day. We took on water and backed into a parking space. Everything is working out great. We hear the trains in the daytime but slept right through them last nigh. We are looking forward to working with the Morryde reps tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #7

The reps are great and you won't be disappointed.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #8

Agree with all the above. Just a great company.

Two very, very minor issues. One, I decided to get a sliding tray for the basement. They measured, I chose a size, but they didn't have one that size. Took a bit of finagling to get it installed the next week while at FROG, but it's in. Very good investment. I can actually find stuff in my basement.

Two, and I had no idea or I'd have asked in advance........I use X chocks.....the model 28005. I know some pooh-pooh them, but they work for me. But after the I.S. installation, the tires are too close together for that model!!! No way. Just won't fit. So, I had to order model 28012's...........should arrive tomorrow, and are supposedly for tighter fits. Since they welded the new stuff on, they probably could have moved the tires apart ONE more inch, I'm thinking, and then it would have worked. It just never crossed my mind that the tires/axles would be closer together.

If they go to that Italian place for lunch, it's awesome. I got some kind of pasta dish and literally made supper out of that for the next four days!!! All free.

Also, while there folks were pulling up sans appointment and saying "I was in the area and thought I'd let you inspect the stuff I had installed 3 years ago", and they cheerfully did that. One couple had to stay 2 days because of what they found.

FROG AR-0019-242

Tags
service, water