Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #1

Access Jensen entertainment center?

How to I get to the rear of the Jensen that is below my main TV? I'm trying to check for an HDMI cable from the TV to the entertainment center to use the speakers. Thanks!
2017 Ford F350 SRW CC SWB 4x2
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k Hitch
sh1pper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #2

I carefully pulled the ring off the the outside and unscrewed it.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #3

On our new Cedar Creek 34RE the factory failed to connect the hdmi cable between the tv and Jensen radio. Connections are on the left side.

On ours, we had to remove the fireplace to reach the cables. Surprisingly, the fireplace is easy to remove.

The DW fit well in the opening.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
On our new Cedar Creek 34RE the factory failed to connect the hdmi cable between the tv and Jensen radio. Connections are on the left side.

On ours, we had to remove the fireplace to reach the cables. Surprisingly, the fireplace is easy to remove.

The DW fit well in the opening.

That made me laugh.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:06 PM   #5

I have a brand new Jensen AM, FM, CD that FR supplied when my original quit. On each side, the plastic frame pops off (might need a fine screw driver of scraper) and exposes the screws that hold it.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
I have a brand new Jensen AM, FM, CD that FR supplied when my original quit. On each side, the plastic frame pops off (might need a fine screw driver of scraper) and exposes the screws that hold it.
Thanks, I now have it out and a yellow rca plug is not plugged in. I have red and white plugged in to the audio out, nothing in the red and white audio in, HDMI is plugged in, audio in coax is empty, and so is audio in optic. Any ideas where the yellow goes?
Old 07-03-2018, 05:02 PM   #7

Before you tear everything apart turn on speakers a and b and re-adjust settings.

I am assuming you're is the same as mine. I have Jensen tv and stereo and I found 2 - 4" or 4 1/2" speakers behind each grill with a sub woofer behind the fire place. The sound was awful. I took everything out including the fireplace thinking bad wiring or something wasn't hooked up. Turned out everything was wired correctly. "A" works the small speakers (which sound pitiful on their own) and B works the subwoofer. C works the outside speakers. A and B on together with some adjustment sound acceptable, still not great, but made a big difference with the tv. If you do pull everything apart you will find it takes a while to untangle and liked stated previously, gently pry off the outer bezzle and a couple screws hold it in. It is a rats nest.
mgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #8

I'm just still trying to get sound from the TV to the external speakers through the Jensen.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #9

HDMI

With ours you have to set the source to ARCin and then press enter to lock it in, otherwise it goes back to the previous source. With ARCin you will be able to control the volume with the TV remote also.
fvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #10

Thanks to all that replied. With your help and a digital optical cable, I fixed it. Plugged one end of the optical cable to the TV "optical out" and the other end into the "optical in" on the Jensen. Chose "optical" on the Jensen and "audio out" on the TV. Now to tweak it and run the optical cable inside the cabinet.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:48 AM   #11

Note fyhotrods comment.

The arc cable allows signals to pass both ways. Fiddly to set up at first.

On mine we have only one cable between the radio and tv. No optical. Although that is easy to do. Not necessary.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #12

ARC equals "Audio return Channel". Most everything now days has ONE of the HDMI inputs designated as ARC. Kinda handy, especially at home. I run everything into the TV and the ARC cable comes down to an audio amplifier and that's all it does. Same thing going on here plus mine sends the Jensen DVD up to the TV.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:25 PM   #13

That is exactly what I found. The yellow is video so it doesn't need plugged in but they red and the white need to be plugged into the audio in not the audio out.
maxxtc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entertainment, jensen