Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #1

Amish Family RV

Has anybody been to Amish Family Rv this year.Would like some information on getting to there location and nearby hotels.Rear cap has spider cracks in it.Not sure if they will repair them or replace the cap under warranty.I read alot of positive feedback about Amish RV.
b2bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:39 PM   #2

Was at Orvan Fry in April of this year getting the rear cap replaced under warranty. Amish RV knows Cedar Creek
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #3

Why not stay in a campground close by, it shouldn’t take but a few hours to replace the rear cap. Our Cedar Creek took two days to fix and we stayed in Shipshewana not far from Orvan shop for a overnight. When are you planning on going? Amish RV is really backed up for service. I would call the factory to set up a appointment at the factory or at Amish RV. The wait list is kinda long for work done. You probably need to talk to Denise Davis at the factory
Old 08-02-2018, 06:59 AM   #4

Amish Family RV

Shipshewana North campground has cabins for rent by the night. 260-768-7770

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Was at Orvan Fry in April of this year getting the rear cap replaced under warranty. Amish RV knows Cedar Creek

Phone number and address?? Picked up something off highway that sent it thru side panel. Since we’re headed to frog rally I was hoping we could get it fixed
snbbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #6

In talks with them now. Their next available appointment is in December. Orvan is burning the candle at both ends.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:54 PM   #7

My appointment with Amish is in December.Forest River is trying to get it moved up.I have rear cap and slides hitting island to repair.Dining room slide carpet curling up against Kitchen island when closed.Kitchen refrigerator door within 1/8 inch of island countertop.The refer door has already been replaced for damage due to rubbing going down the road. Rear cap has spider cracks at corner.The whole unit needs to be looked over.The PDI was not done at the dealer or they didnt care.Major slide issue when it arrived from FR.Amish should figure it out.Does Amish Rv have a sign out front?The address i got is 11681 N 600w Ligonier.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2bomber View Post
My appointment with Amish is in December.Forest River is trying to get it moved up.I have rear cap and slides hitting island to repair.Dining room slide carpet curling up against Kitchen island when closed.Kitchen refrigerator door within 1/8 inch of island countertop.The refer door has already been replaced for damage due to rubbing going down the road. Rear cap has spider cracks at corner.The whole unit needs to be looked over.The PDI was not done at the dealer or they didnt care.Major slide issue when it arrived from FR.Amish should figure it out.Does Amish Rv have a sign out front?The address i got is 11681 N 600w Ligonier.

No sign out in front, but it's pretty obvious when you see it. Big, light brown garage with a fenced RV storage lot behind it. Use the GPS coordinates on his voicemail, that address won't get you there.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #9

Copy and paste this url... https://goo.gl/maps/xDaYjjfcBSv

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #10

Thanks for the GPS coordinates.That should do it.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by snbbaxter View Post
Phone number and address?? Picked up something off highway that sent it thru side panel. Since we’re headed to frog rally I was hoping we could get it fixed

Send me a msg at the rally and I’ll show you how to get there. We sometimes eat breakfast at Tiffany’s in Topeka
Old 08-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Send me a msg at the rally and I’ll show you how to get there. We sometimes eat breakfast at Tiffany’s in Topeka

Do you have a phone number to leave a message? Just hit back end at fuel pump, need a new back panel
snbbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:27 PM   #13

260-593-0951
Old 11-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #14

Amish family RV does great work. Took only 2 days to replace caps and other major repairs. Orvan, his family and crew were all helpful extremely friendly and just great people. I arrived October 24th my date was October 25th. I stopped back in the 24th and both caps were off and new ones we being prepared. They go over your coach and show you things that I had no idea needed attention. Several major items needed to be repaired and wasn't planned when I made my appointment. They still fixed everything and I was on the road by Friday morning. Don't forget to get directions to Rise and Roll bakery for the best donuts anywhere.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #15

Tiffany’s is a great place to eat breakfast if you are in Topeka, not far from Orvan place