Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2019, 06:20 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
And tell me what it does? Can these be bought or is this an Orvin built product?

They're custom and Orvan has them fabricated just for him. They keep the gear teeth from hopping if the slide gets bound up going in or out and mis-aligning the slide.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:04 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
And tell me what it does? Can these be bought or is this an Orvin built product?
My Dad has another brand fiver that is also made in Topeka. His is 10 yrs old now. The slide boxes that are welded to the frame of the fiver where the slide gear is located has flexed up due to fatigue and he now has indentations in the underside of his slides where they "settle" on the frame when slid in.
Not saying the CC would experience the same but the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure certainly applies for us here. Mechanically, this addition from Orvan certainly makes sense to me.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith52 View Post
Look around the road grime. The black part is to keep the gear pack aligned. Orvan charges $34.00 a piece plus labor.
Wow! That looks a lot like what I designed and built for mine back in April of 2017! I wonder how long Orvan has been making them. As usual, I over-engineered mine!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:06 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Wow! That looks a lot like what I designed and built for mine back in April of 2017! I wonder how long Orvan has been making them. As usual, I over-engineered mine!

looks great! got any sketches/dimensions?

jim
Old 11-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post

Joe, I instantly thought of you when I saw this. If I was you, I'd sue Orvan for...oh, I don't know, maybe two of his horses??? LOL!!!

I didn't say anything cause I figured you would when you saw this.

I have had a MILLION problems with my slides, but not this one. Looks to me like another project to pay Orvan for next August. Orv is always finding new things to fix these things up.

BTW, Joe can fix or install dang near anything! I stand in awe of him, and a few others in the Creek family that have kept me from jumping off of bridges the first 3 years.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:17 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Florida View Post

jim
Let me see what I can find, Jim. I had everything on here at one time, but it was all linked to Photobucket and is gone.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:19 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Joe, I instantly thought of you when I saw this. If I was you, I'd sue Orvan for...oh, I don't know, maybe two of his horses??? LOL!!!

Ha! Ha! That's just what I need...horses!

BTW, Joe can fix or install dang near anything! I stand in awe of him, and a few others in the Creek family that have kept me from jumping off of bridges the first 3 years.
You're too funny Bill.

Old 11-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Florida View Post

jim
Jim, check for PM.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:38 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post
gear pack
Dropped my 36ck2 off at Orvan's this afternoon and should be ready to pick it up in a couple of days. Having about 50 warranty issues and enhancements done.

One is having him add the bracket for the gear pack as kinzoo's photo shows. Another thing is he will be adding a retro to the suspension system. It is roughly a 2x2 1/2 tube (guessing on the size tube from what he showed me) that he will put at each of the 3 points where the leaf springs attach to the frame that will reach from one side to the other. Should eliminate any flexing of the wheels and make for a more sturdy ride.

A few other things are changing the 2 step (from the kitchen to bath/bedroom) to 3 steps, fixing refrig slide alignment, replacing ram for bedroom slide (leaking), fixing trim throughout, adjusting toppers, removing wrinkles along side of roof, fixing the front cap and hitch (holes in cap due to hitch bolts), adding additional tail lights, adding King Wifimax booster and Falcon antenna, fixing end cabinet doors (above sofa - originals fell apart after 2 trip and replacements after 20 miles), struts for front bay and many many other issues/items.

Spent about an hour and half going over our list with Orvan and Amanda. Looking forward to picking it up Friday or Monday when done.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is online now   Reply With Quote