Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #1

Amish Family RV and Denise

Sorry but here is another testimony for Oran and Amish Family RV and Denise at CC..... But they did such an excellent job I have to write about it....First of all I was to have the front cap replaced back in April, but my truck threw a rear oil seal and we could not make it in time... We then arranged a new date in Sept. Oran and his crew are all very friendly and accommodating. He went all over our CC and found stuff I was not even aware of ...He was on the roof and underneath... He is very knowledgeable on Cedar Creeks. He also showed me plastic panels for the edges for underneath the slides which I would highly recommend. They prevent water from wicking into the wood of the slide floor. So I am thinking it's gonna be a heck of a repair bill since I am out of warranty. But Denise at Forrest River covered all my repairs. If I ever buy a new RV it will be a Forrest River product. And if I can convince Oran to move his operation to Texas Y'all will be out of luck...lol lol lol
My Steelpony....2007 HD Ultra Classic...done up in a memorial to the 343 firefighters who died 9/11
Never Ever Forget....yes I was a Volunteer FF for 20 years........
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:48 PM   #2

He spent 6 days in August fixing mine.......major and minor issues. I am convinced no one else on Earth could have done what he did. I had a year full of various issues. My invoice is 7 pages long from his shop! All is now perfect.

I made another appointment next year to just take it up to him and have him go over it once again, with a fine tooth comb.

He is a great tech, has a big heart, and can't stand to have any customer leave with a problem. Every person I know that has used him has sung his praises. I fear he'll burn himself out, he's so conscientious.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpony5555 View Post
...... Denise at Forrest River covered all my repairs.
They covered the cost of the plastic edge trays on the slides too? My bill came in at over $4k but I wish I'd known they'd cover the cost of all this as well.

I have to say, Oran and his team did a first class job on my rig though. It is now better than when I first collected it from the dealer three years ago.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #4

We have an appointment in April for front cap replace and a holding tank issue. Thanks for the confidence building information. I think his name is Orvan though...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:46 AM   #5

Where is Amish Family RV located?
stevem4134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem4134 View Post
Where is Amish Family RV located?
11681 North 600 West
Ligonier, IN 46767

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 10-09-2017, 08:05 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
11681 North 600 West
Ligonier, IN 46767
You have the roads correct, but that is just south of Topeka. Ligonier farther south (maybe a mile).
Old 10-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #8

X2 on what everyone says about Orvan, He and his crew are the Greatest. They are just South of Topeka,Indiana
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
You have the roads correct, but that is just south of Topeka. Ligonier farther south (maybe a mile).
It is south of Topeka. But that is the address for mailing, and it's what my GPS led me directly to, no problem.

Drive south of Topeka on Hwy 5. Go past BP station to 1200 West, next major road. Turn left. Go 2 miles. Turn right at 4 way stop sign. 3rd house on right, has big RV Shop, can't miss it.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 10-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #10

He does great work, we have a appointment on 24 April of next year to replace rear cap plus some other work.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #11

Okay, I'm going to Bite :)

Reading your responses really got my attention. I've been thinking about replacing my front cap on my 2005 Forester. It has the ugly window, that is so hard to caulk. No issues yet, but want to prevent any future problems. Reading your posts, it seems like people travel a long ways to have work done here and your reviews are awesome.

It's not April Fools day, so I'm guessing you guys are legit, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around what your saying about an RV repair place Forgive me for being cynical haha.

There location is about 4 hours from me, so its definitely doable. Are they booked all the way out to April, or is that just when you can get your rig there?

Please tell me I'm not dreaming and that there really are honest, reputable RV repair shops out there.

Sorry, I think my cynic slipped out again.

Todd
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlafond View Post
Please tell me I'm not dreaming and that there really are honest, reputable RV repair shops out there. Todd
Honestly, without a word of a lie, Orvan and his team are the best there is. His honesty, integrity and work ethic are 100%.

I travelled to their location from Calgary, Canada to get the work done on my RV. That is a round trip of about 3500 miles. Admittedly, I did tie this in with my vacation but I would happily go back there for any work I need done - even with the poor currency exchange rate that we now have.

They are most likely booked through to April. It was this time last year when I booked to get an appointment for July. They aren't the easiest to get in contact with - they don't do email as far as I know, only phone and that can take a day or two to get a reply.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 10-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #13

Orvan is the best, but for now he is only working on Cedar Creeks..........his choice.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 10-09-2017, 02:12 PM   #14

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I am disappointed that he only works on Ceder Creeks, but you never know, maybe someday

Todd
toddlafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #15

I don't think Orvan will ever work on any other brand, he is booked so far ahead. I booked my appointment at the rally in August, right now you would be lucky to get in July. Does Orvan work on Friday? He is Amish so no email and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't share a phone. Call one day and you are lucky to get a call back the next day. But he does better work than the factory, I heard someone say that Orvan trained everyone at the Cedar Creek factory. Anyway this may be my last Cedar Creek, I have done right many mods on this one
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddlafond View Post
Reading your responses really got my attention. I've been thinking about replacing my front cap on my 2005 Forester. It has the ugly window, that is so hard to caulk. No issues yet, but want to prevent any future problems. Reading your posts, it seems like people travel a long ways to have work done here and your reviews are awesome.

It's not April Fools day, so I'm guessing you guys are legit, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around what your saying about an RV repair place Forgive me for being cynical haha.

There location is about 4 hours from me, so its definitely doable. Are they booked all the way out to April, or is that just when you can get your rig there?

Please tell me I'm not dreaming and that there really are honest, reputable RV repair shops out there.

Sorry, I think my cynic slipped out again.

Todd
I'm a Floridian... don't know about winterizing... he could take me in winter but I chose spring... give them a call. Really nice people.
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #17

[QUOTE=spock123;1643393 Does Orvan work on Friday? He is Amish so no email and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't share a phone. Call one day and you are lucky to get a call back the next day. But he does better work than the factory, I heard someone say that Orvan trained everyone at the Cedar Creek factory. one[/QUOTE]
He does work on a Friday - I know that because it was about 3pm on the Friday when I picked my rig up from his workshop. I believe you're correct and that they have a shared phone in a small phone box near but not in the home. His work is certainly better than the finished product that runs out of the factory. However, he doesn't gloat on that which I think helps him maintain a good relationship with the factory and as a result, the parts dept. He appears to be able to get a hold of most components at very short notice and his team are back on his premises within minutes.
From the conversation I had with his dad, Orvan started off by fitting doors and then moved to other areas of the factory so has a pretty extensive knowledge of how CC are put together.
He does only work on CC but if I ever get around to buying a Riverstone I hope I can persuade him to go over that with a fine toothed comb as well. I certainly would want him to install the slide edge drip edges that he put on my rig in the summer.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Old 10-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #18

Yes orvan is great, has worked on mine, but don't forget about denise she's great to, she gets things done
Old 10-09-2017, 04:48 PM   #19
Charlie & Sue

I too sing outstanding praises to Orvan. Was there mid Sept and had front and rear caps replaced as well as numerous other issues related to warranty work done unsatisfactorily by others plus the dozens of issues he identified that I did not know we had a problem including the plastic slide protectors. 2-day visit. He shortened the waste pull cables and now work much easier. Seems they removed about 30 inches of surplus cable on each. I had 2-appointments that were made about 3 months earlier, but noted they were booked up to end of December when I spoke to them in late August. CC paid all parts and labor. Several pages of items. At such time as I trade for a new CC I will make a 4-day trip to Topeka for Orvan's inspection that might be my cost but well worth it as confidence in his service should have a dollar sign.

Had a problem the other day with black tank cable and since I am located about 4 hours from a somewhat reliable RV shop he talked me through a fix.

God Bless Orvan.
mecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #20

Amish Family RV and Denise

I have heard praises for Orvan....but Denise is GREAT as well. She has done so much for our 2009 32WRL Silverback....TWICE - at NO cost to us, including picking our trailer up in MD and transported to the factory. They fixed a lot of things that were NOT related to why it was there in the first place.

We WILL be buying another Cedar Creek!!!

Mike & Carol
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote