Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2020, 10:35 AM   #1

Amish Family Services in Indiana

Attaching business card for those that need to reference.

Picked up my 37rth for warranty work and a lift of upgrades!!!

Another satisfied customer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9E1FA3A7-6AB6-4D64-8AC2-FDFDF1772E07.jpeg
Views:	228
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	225893  
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #2

Thankfully Orvan's place is only about 50 miles from my home. Just returned from taking our 2015 Silverback down to him for service a few hours ago. Was there 3 years ago and they did a great job then and I expect the same this time, although my repair needs are different.

When I was there 3 years ago it was just his workshop building and a couple of RVs around. Now there are vehicles from what appears to be employees and a fenced storage yard with about 10-15 RVs parked. Orvan has become famous in some circles. He's a very nice person.
Parrothead Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:56 PM   #3

I'm taking my 34RL2 to Orvan in a week. Nothing wrong (that I know of) but a couple times in the past 3 years the dinette/theater seat slide has made a loud bang when retracting. So I am going to have that checked out and get the slide rail retainers installed. My question is, what of Orvan's mods are you the happiest with? I know I read in the past about some kind of skid plate under the slideout floors. While there will also ask him to give it an overall inspection.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #4

When I was there in 2017 Orvan installed the plastic corner covers on all three slide corners. This prevents water from running down the sides and getting up under the slides and causing water damage. They still work great, although this trip he re-glued the flat portions because they warped a bit.

In 2017 Orvan also pointed out where water seeps into the bedroom slide trim. He popped it off, and low and behold, the particle board flooring was soaked. He replaced the flooring under the bed. His staff caulked every trim seam on my Silverback.

Loud bang while sliding in and/or out is not good. On my return trip to Michigan in late March a cabinet door had popped open and my fridge side slide caught the door causing my slide to get crooked. We were able to get it back in before our last 350 miles home. The slide gear teeth slipping will cause that loud noise. Orvan fixed both side slides and has a kit-like package that he now installs on the slide gear boxes. He told me that there has been some warping of the metal at that box. He also mentioned that when the slide gets all the way out the floor of the slide settles and of course it has to come back up when retracting. This causes a stress point and this kit will prevent any warping of the gear boxes. Now my slides go in & out quietly.
Parrothead Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:29 PM   #5

Orvan also install the slide kits on our 34IK and wow what a difference it makes,the slides are so smooth and quiet. Orvan and his crew are top notch.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshenygo View Post
Orvan also install the slide kits on our 34IK and wow what a difference it makes,the slides are so smooth and quiet. Orvan and his crew are top notch.
Is that for electric slides, or hydraulic?

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:43 PM   #7

Hydraulic slides
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 12:55 PM   #8

Orvin

Here are the musts:
1. Go thru all the doors to assure they are installed correctly (assure nothing is leaking and air sealed)
2. Go thru all seals on the trailer (slide outs, doors)
3. Go thru all the caulking to assure properly caulked and leveling sealers do not have cracks or improper seals)
4. If you have ice maker there is a recall on the connection he can fix that.
5. slide out support bracket
6. inspection of all water lines and connections
7. inspection of hydraulics as there has been problems with lines leaking
8. assure your converter has enough air space to cool as ours didn’t and they cut a larger hole to allow for air circulation
9. check your wheel bearings to assure packed correctly and no wear showing
10. Drain Pans on all slide outs

If you have a bit more cash:
1. sway support bar welded between spring supports
2. extra running lights on the rear of the trailer
3. electric dump valves to remove dump valve pulls
4. 12v outset for outside front basement
5. 30amp generator plug front basement to allow for generator in back of truck for ease of not having to use shore power cord.
6. Cheap Heat Electric Add On Furnace. allows you to use either gas or electric via switch to eliminate propane source for heat
7. Electric Water Heater Switch in the control panel area that will allow you to control on/off in the trailer versus as the heater outside.
8. Dimmers on your LED Lights to allow to dim whenever you want and where you want
Old 05-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4garylee View Post
6. Cheap Heat Electric Add On Furnace. allows you to use either gas or electric via switch to eliminate propane source for heat

Could you explain how that works, and what is considered cheap? Thanks.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #10

RV Comfort Systems (cheap heat)

The RV Comfort System is an electric system that is added to your existing gas furnace that utilizes the components of your gas furnace suck as blower and thermostat. This system allows you to switch from using gas to using electric to heat your trailer. The comfort system is able to recognize if your are on 30amp or 50amp. The system runs on the electric side from 1800 watts to 2380 watts to 5000 watts. 1800 watts on 30amp and 2380 or 5000 watts on 50amp.

In our area for example early spring gas furnace as 70 degrees we can go thru one 30lb tank in one week. That’s 150.00 a month for us. Most the places we stay electric is in the daily stay rate so we have reduced our expenses. My estimate is that by end of 1 1/2 seasons I have paid for it in not spending it on gas.

Feel free to message me anytime!

Orvin put ours in and at the same time soundproofed and enclosed our furnace cavity to only recycle interior trailer air which is a huge plus!!

Tags
service