Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #1

AmishFamily RV Services has another Forever Customer

We took our 2020 CC 34IK in for some warranty items plus a few upgrades and all I can say is “ WOW”! Orvan and his team are awesome. They know more about these units-how they are made, how they work and how to fix them when they don’t.

The dealership where we purchased our unit was sold a few months after we made our purchase. We took it back for some minor warranty items and was supposed to pick it up in 2 weeks. The day before we were to pick it up they called to tell me they couldn’t get the slides out. This told me two things 1) the new folks had not bothered to look at the unit until the very last minute and 2) they knew nothing about Cedar Creeks. After 5 weeks I called and told them I would be picking up the unit the next day since I was told it would be ready 2 weeks earlier. The items that they were to fix had not been done but they had sign off as being completed.

Thanks to this forum we found out about Amish Family RV Services owned by Orvan, called and made an appointment. All I can say is how impressed we are with their service. It was well worth the drive from RIchmond Hill, Georgia to have a true professional work on our unit. They did a fantastic job!! The shop is very efficient and Orvan personally checks repairs/ up grades before the unit leaves. They work closely with the warranty department at Cedar Creek making sure the documentation and pictures to support work are completed. Orvan worked for 17 + years for Cedar Creek so he knows these units inside and out and was able to answer some questions and make some recommendations that we might consider.

While there we did the Cedar Creek Factory Tour. It was very interesting and we came away feeling that Cedar Creek builds a quality product. Keeping in mind that they are built by humans they are striving to maintain high quality standards by making workers accountable which in turns makes one focus more on the task at hand and gives higher personal satisfaction in a job well done.

J Fussell
2020CC 34IK
2017 Ford 250
Labradoodles Jackson and Maggie
jfussellrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:31 PM   #2

We took our 34IK to Orvan in Dec. And we will only let Amish family rv do any repairs on our rig. It was worth the 8 hour drive out there. Orvan and his crew are the best!!!
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #3

I'll add to this thread Being a previous customer of Orvan's having most mods and adjustments done. Getting home from our last camping trip I found the floor completely broken away from the sidewall back by the theater seats. The next morning I sent Orvan a text with a picture and within minutes he called me back. Told me to bring it in and being only 4 hours away I was there at about 12:30. He put a guy on it and it was fixed by 2:00. After he explained how this happens I knew exactly when it happened. We had hit the mother of all dips full speed on the highway where the trailer probably didn't go airborne but it was close, very scarey. No doubt the theater seats went airborne and broke the floor away when they slammed back down. He put more screws in than the factory and shouldn't happen again. His refer restraining mod probably saved the refer falling out of that slide. I am not considering a new 5er but if I were I would only consider a Cedar Creek as long as Orvan is in business. This is the way it should be everywhere.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
I'll add to this thread Being a previous customer of Orvan's having most mods and adjustments done. Getting home from our last camping trip I found the floor completely broken away from the sidewall back by the theater seats. The next morning I sent Orvan a text with a picture and within minutes he called me back. Told me to bring it in and being only 4 hours away I was there at about 12:30. He put a guy on it and it was fixed by 2:00. After he explained how this happens I knew exactly when it happened. We had hit the mother of all dips full speed on the highway where the trailer probably didn't go airborne but it was close, very scarey. No doubt the theater seats went airborne and broke the floor away when they slammed back down. He put more screws in than the factory and shouldn't happen again. His refer restraining mod probably saved the refer falling out of that slide. I am not considering a new 5er but if I were I would only consider a Cedar Creek as long as Orvan is in business. This is the way it should be everywhere.

I envy you only being 4hrs away, I wish, 13hrs each way for me currently. Was that mother of a Dip on Hwy 35 in WV just north of Charleston by chance? They finally fixed it recently after a few years but that sucker threw my truck and 5er up in the air more than once. Totally unmarked with a posted speed of 65, I have said some really bad words about WV's DOT.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
I envy you only being 4hrs away, I wish, 13hrs each way for me currently. Was that mother of a Dip on Hwy 35 in WV just north of Charleston by chance? They finally fixed it recently after a few years but that sucker threw my truck and 5er up in the air more than once. Totally unmarked with a posted speed of 65, I have said some really bad words about WV's DOT.
No, I294 south of Chicago but sounds the same! Being only 4 hours away is nice, plus I grew up in Elkhart, so know the area well and have friends and family close by. Always looking for an excuse to go back.
Old 06-23-2020, 04:03 PM   #6

What does Orvan accept for payment????
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post
I paid by check but when I asked first time there they also said cash and am pretty sure they said card also. Might want to ask again about card.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #8

May I ask?
If he has your RV a couple of days, is there lodging nearby?
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #9

Quote:
May I ask?
I stayed at the best western off of 90 in Howe. Nice hotel w/breakfast and about half hour from Orvan.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #10

Quote:
May I ask?
Shipshewana is maybe 15 minutes away and is a tourist destination. Probably has hotels. Don't know how open everything is right now there. Elkhart is the biggest close city and has all the major chain hotels, it's about 45minutes away.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #11

Orvan does Check, Cash and Charge. There are plenty of hotels in Goshen and Elkhart. He's very flexible although he prefers checks or charge. This trip last week I stayed in Goshen but to kill time I went up to Elkhart to the RV Hall of Fame and had a great time. I did some research on my family's RV businesses while I was there in their RV library and just got lost in it.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #12

We stayed in the Blue Gate Garden Inn in Shipshewana. Never again. It was a nice hotel. Very clean and the help was great and a decent breakfast but the rooms were very uncomfortable. There was a loveseat sized couch and two wood chairs. There was no other cushioned chair besides the couch. The DW likes to lay on the couch so either I had to sit on the end with her legs in my lap or the wood chair. I was so glad to get out of there.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
Global Nomad

Quote:
First born.

I just left there a couple of weeks ago. Orvan accepts credit cards.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #14

Since we drove up from Georgia, we made arrangements to stay at Indian Lake Campground. It’s 10-15minutes from Amish Family RV. We arrived on Monday and did a limited set up. Tues. morning we took the unit over for an inspection and to go over warranty items for repair. Orvan Fry documented and took pictures of these items to submit to the Warranty Department. We also discussed upgrades that we wanted to add. We were back at the campground 3 hours later. The next morning they started the upgrades. Those were completed before closing time. This gave us the opportunity to enjoy Shipshewana and the surrounding area.
Friday we took it in for Warranty items which were completed by end of work day. For us it was not difficult to take it to the shop and back to campground at night. They kept it plugged in so no problem with our refrigerated items. Indian Lake Campground was aware from the onset of our appointment with Amish Family RV so they put us in an easy to get in and out of site. It was a very enjoyable trip and I can’t say enough about Orvan and his staff.

Bottom line is I think they will work with you based on what you need done. He does take cash, check and credit cards.
J Fussell
jfussellrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service