Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2018, 11:10 AM   #21

I would rather have the factory cap painted as compared to a replacement. I am a long way from Orvan and think the local dudes mike make a mess of replacing it. JMO
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 03:38 PM   #22

Mahlstedtd; I contacted kware@forestriverinc.com. If you are the original owner you will probably have better luck
Thanks
Old 10-26-2018, 03:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1138 View Post
Mac549, I have used RV Renovators at Main and Gilbert for some work on my dad’s rig in the past. Did a great job. do not recall how pricey or not, as it was insurance for him. Been there recently and saw some really nice paintwork.

Before they put in the Blight-Rail along main, they had a second shop called Fractured Fiberglass at Main and Alma School. Lost the shop from the rail, consolidated to the big shop. We were restoring a 69 vette they did some work for us then-great work.

Get a quote. Can’t hurt.
Paulie1138; RV Renovators is close by. I think I will stop and see them.
Thanks for the referral
Old 10-26-2018, 03:45 PM   #24

“Reason” is not law. I was head of remarketing and lease termination for several major financial institutions. Sold in excess of 50,000 units per year. I “know” how stubborn and lawyered up the manufacturing side can become.
They have the resources to fight “precedents”. Does not make it RIGHT; but it’s always about the $$$$. Always.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #25

We have a 2017 Dynamax Rev., the front cap faded in less than a year. Forest River would not do anything about it. They said the cap was good when installed and it faded because it was not properly maintained. Even when I told them how I maintained the cap, FR blamed it on the dealer. Said they did not how long the dealer had it on their lot or how the dealer maintained the unit. No matter what I said they would not budge nor would the dealer. It sounds like a lot of folks have had better luck at getting their caps fixed. Happy for them, not very happy with Forest River. If we buy another unit down the road, it will not be a Forest River product! I don't feel they stand behind their product. Now we have been waiting for 3 month for decals on one side of the unit. (had a window blow out going down the road and the glass put gouges in the side of the unit) When we took it in they said it would take longer to get the window then the decals. Window is in and still no decals. Well they did send 4 or the needed 12 decals. Very frustrated!!
bobchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM   #26

Another Faded Cap

Our 2014 Silverback 29RE faded 2 years after we purchased it new but the also started to turn brown as it was some kind of mold. We store it outside in the weather and tried winter covers but too much trouble. I found this product for boats called Poly-Glo, first I had to remove the oxidized clear coat, which caused the fade and then applied the Poly-Glo. I also removed the letters and stripes and replaced them. Couldn't get them from CC so I had a local shop make them for $250 ($130 was the initial set up fee but now he has it for any additional letters in the future). Each years I have to apply the Poly-Glo but it is a wipe on product so very easy to apply. Here's the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8905.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	351.1 KB
ID:	190544  
mustogp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobchap View Post
We have a 2017 Dynamax Rev., the front cap faded in less than a year. Forest River would not do anything about it. They said the cap was good when installed and it faded because it was not properly maintained. Even when I told them how I maintained the cap, FR blamed it on the dealer. Said they did not how long the dealer had it on their lot or how the dealer maintained the unit. No matter what I said they would not budge nor would the dealer. It sounds like a lot of folks have had better luck at getting their caps fixed. Happy for them, not very happy with Forest River. If we buy another unit down the road, it will not be a Forest River product! I don't feel they stand behind their product. Now we have been waiting for 3 month for decals on one side of the unit. (had a window blow out going down the road and the glass put gouges in the side of the unit) When we took it in they said it would take longer to get the window then the decals. Window is in and still no decals. Well they did send 4 or the needed 12 decals. Very frustrated!!

I talked to Cedar Creek about the decals on my Cedar Creek, Cedar Creek is paying for front cap to be repainted. Well the young lady said Cedar Creek would send the decals to my home address, in five days the decals were delivered. I’m paying for the cap to be painted and Cedar Creek is paying me when I send the invoice to the factory. I’m planning on taking one more trip to Alaska and once home trade for another Cedar Creek or a Cardinal. I want a 36CK Cedar Creek
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #28

I too have a 2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS that I bought from the original owner in 2015. Within a year I started to notice the fading. I cleaned and waxed it regularly but fading is gradually getting worse. This is my 3rd Forest River 5th wheel in the last 10 years. After my 2009 Wildcat started delaminating (FR admitted to using a non- waterproof adhesive on the side panels) after a year, I said I would not buy another FR product. Then I came across a deal on the current Cedar Creek that I couldn’t pass up. I figured it’s a higher end unit, and I wouldn’t have to worry about the construction. I love the unit, but am extremely disappointed in Forest River’s attention to this issue. Obviously, this really hurts the resale value of our prized possessions. As I told one of the Cedar Creek reps at the Hershey RV show this year, I will NOT buy another Forest River product again, period. Funny thing is he didn’t seem to care. How’s that for customer service? Disappointing....
gos5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gos5 View Post
I too have a 2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS that I bought from the original owner in 2015. Within a year I started to notice the fading. I cleaned and waxed it regularly but fading is gradually getting worse. This is my 3rd Forest River 5th wheel in the last 10 years. After my 2009 Wildcat started delaminating (FR admitted to using a non- waterproof adhesive on the side panels) after a year, I said I would not buy another FR product. Then I came across a deal on the current Cedar Creek that I couldn’t pass up. I figured it’s a higher end unit, and I wouldn’t have to worry about the construction. I love the unit, but am extremely disappointed in Forest River’s attention to this issue. Obviously, this really hurts the resale value of our prized possessions. As I told one of the Cedar Creek reps at the Hershey RV show this year, I will NOT buy another Forest River product again, period. Funny thing is he didn’t seem to care. How’s that for customer service? Disappointing....
Question: What IS Forest River's attention to that, specifically? Did they decline?

My suggestion is to email Denise Davis, calmly and correctly describe the situation and let us know what she says. I've yet to hear of a single Cedar Creek (but a bunch of other FR units) that they failed to take care of the cap issue, regardless of age or ownership.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #30

Yes Forest River declined. It was not their responsibility to fix the cap even with the preservation methods I used to keep the issue from happening.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #31

Who is Diane Davis? I have been talking to the factory service rep, Brian Meeks.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Yes Forest River declined. It was not their responsibility to fix the cap even with the preservation methods I used to keep the issue from happening.
Who declined, is what I'm asking? Was it someone at Cedar Creek or not?

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 11-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #33

It was Brian Meeks a factory service rep at Dynamax
Old 11-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #34

Quote:
It was Brian Meeks a factory service rep at Dynamax
I respectfully say that Dynamax is not Cedar Creek. And all Forest River products are apparently not handled the same.

Again, if you really want it fixed, email Denise Davis at Cedar Creek. Please report back what she said.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 11-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #35

Denise Davis is a really nice lady, she has did a lot for us. My built in 2014 Cedar Creek brought in 2015, we have been treated great by the factory. I’ll certainly buy another Cedar Creek. I called this number 260-593-4000. It sometimes takes a long time to get someone on the line. The lady you will talk to is Shawna E. Short. Tell her your problem or ask for Denise Davis. BE NICE!!!! She just works for Forest River.
Denise Davis email address is
dldavis@forestriverinc.com
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #36

Quote:
It seems their way of getting out of repairing fading caps, is blame the customer for lack of or improper maintence. How much maintence does a year old cap require?!? It's my experience from reading all over the net, as well as personal experience, it all depends who you talk to and how strong your dealer pushes for you.

I had two Forest River reps quit responding to me (one on this forum) after I told them I was the 2nd owner, even though it was only a year old. When I told my closest dealer I bought the Wildcat in Oregon, she literally chuckled at me before she even knew I was the 2nd owner. Basically telling me good luck.

So, I paid to have it painted myself. Aggravating as hell, but the final product is worth it to me. A now 2 1/2 year old unit doesn't look like it's 20.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:58 PM   #37

Quote:
Who is Diane Davis? I have been talking to the factory service rep, Brian Meeks.
What unit do you have? This is posted in the Cedar Creek forum. Your rep is Dynamax, a motorhome.

??????

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 11-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
What unit do you have? This is posted in the Cedar Creek forum. Your rep is Dynamax, a motorhome.

??????
Like me, he probably saw the faded cap thread on the sidebar of the main page and responded. It does not say which specific forum the thread is from, just says "Another Faded Cap Question". It's very easy to make that mistake.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #39

Yes it was my bad. When I posted all I was thinking was Forest River. Mine is a motor home by Dynamax and this thread is about Cedar Creek. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #40

Quote:
Yes it was my bad. When I posted all I was thinking was Forest River. Mine is a motor home by Dynamax and this thread is about Cedar Creek. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.
Don't feel bad, I have done it more than once, especially with the faded cap thing.