Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #1

Another Wow for Orvan and his Crew

I went to Amish Family RV last Sunday with an appointment for Monday morning.

I stayed at the KOA Sunday night in Angola and I arrived at Orvan’s late at 9a. It took me a lot longer in the dark and cold to get hooked up. It was cold and the backup camera’s were useless. Well live and learn.

Anyway, they had the Creek in the shop exactly 2 min after I unhooked. That’s awesome! I’ve never had that kind of service before.

Carl or Karl was the leader on my Creek repairs and he went completely over every thing I wanted done and I had faxed the list in a couple of weeks before (Thanks to my new friends here especially Doug and Geoff).

Carl and Orvan were both just informative and they took complete care of my Coach. They are good people and I don’t mind spending when the work is done correctly. My last warranty inspection on a wild year for my new Creek.

I drove down to Lebanon Ohio and went to Halloween with my family. The coach handled perfectly on the way home.

I did have my first experience having to manually raise the jacks because of the Morryde steps. It worked fine but I did have the passengers side tires a half inch off the ground for two days. Yuck.

I still am not good backing this Creek. Although I have people come up and tell me I’m doing good. I’m gonna be buying one of those fifth wheel tailgates or maybe even switch to a fifth airborne setup next year.

Again I can’t say enough about Orvan and I really enjoyed getting to know Carl. As usual JoLisa and Allison were always helpful.

This is why you can’t go wrong buying a Creek. Other manufacturers should look at this as a customer satisfaction business model.

Peace
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:10 PM   #2

9 am???? LOL! Last time I was there in August, I had to go wake Orvan up! Orly was there and hopping. Orvan slept late. I didn't let him live it down, either.

He has a goldmine on the ground. There's nothing like it. Combination of expertise, and 100% desire for perfection for everyone. He has kept me sane for almost 4 years, when I had every right to jump off a bridge!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #3

Isn’t it too bad every service place isn’t like this. To be fair he’s 10 min from the factory. But I truly believe that this would be a great business model for all of the campers manufacturers.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
Isn’t it too bad every service place isn’t like this. To be fair he’s 10 min from the factory. But I truly believe that this would be a great business model for all of the campers manufacturers.

We just need to find a way to clone Orvan about 5000 times. He's one of a kind....eat your heart out Grand Design!!
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #5

Friend of mine has a DRV. He says there is an "Orvan type" for DRV not too far from their factory in Howe, IN. He use to have a Creek.

Not sure about any other brand.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Friend of mine has a DRV. He says there is an "Orvan type" for DRV not too far from their factory in Howe, IN. He use to have a Creek.

Not sure about any other brand.

Interesting....we are considering a DRV in addition to a Riverstone and Creek....although DRV does not offer a front kitchen yet anyway
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #7

good to hear all the great reviews, makes us feel that much better about pulling our 2019 37rth up there from fla next month.

Redheaded blue tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:48 AM   #8

Yes, Orvan IS the MAN - when it comes to his CC expertise. He really has his heart into making things right.

We took our brand new rig, straight from picking it up, to him and he had several fixes - we had no list, since we only had it for the 3 hour drive from Couch's RV Nation.

When necessary, we will make the drive from Southern MD to him should the need arise.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #9

Thanx to threads like this,I've decided a while ago to get on the Orvan Bandwagon! I'm figuring on working with him when it's time to do some in-depth Life Extensions on my Cedar Creek 36 RLTS!
cedarcreekbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #10
jkoenig24

Maybe I'll ry Amish Family RV the next time I need / want upgrades / repairs. Yesterday started WEEK SEVEN of what was supposed to be a 2 ~ 3 week repair & upgrade for my Super-C. The replacement residential refrigerator that was ordered when I first arrived was finally delivered YESTERDAY. Why Tim Klenk at Master Tech RV allowed it to drag out that long is beyond my comprehension. WEEKS ago, I told him that the local Menards had a suitable fridge IN STOCK but, he insisted on staying with and waiting for his vendor to come through. I doubt I'll be back on the road this week. Oh the joys of being a Full Timer.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
Maybe I'll ry Amish Family RV the next time I need / want upgrades / repairs. Yesterday started WEEK SEVEN of what was supposed to be a 2 ~ 3 week repair & upgrade for my Super-C. The replacement residential refrigerator that was ordered when I first arrived was finally delivered YESTERDAY. Why Tim Klenk at Master Tech RV allowed it to drag out that long is beyond my comprehension. WEEKS ago, I told him that the local Menards had a suitable fridge IN STOCK but, he insisted on staying with and waiting for his vendor to come through. I doubt I'll be back on the road this week. Oh the joys of being a Full Timer.
They only work on Cedar Creek.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyodie View Post
Dropped off my unit at Orvan's this afternoon. Did see other brands besides Creeks.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyodie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Dropped off my unit at Orvan's this afternoon. Did see other brands besides Creeks.
I know he has worked on some River Stone units not sure what else he has done.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I know he has worked on some River Stone units not sure what else he has done.
When I go back to pick my unit up, maybe I'll snap a quick pic. I know there was a Jayco Pinnacle 5er sitting there as I unhitched next to it. There may have been a Coyote or two in the fenced in yard, not sure. Will try to remember to take a more detailed note when I go back.

2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Old 11-17-2019, 08:47 AM   #15
Stupid Lucky

Took our 34IK to Orvan's two weeks ago for an upgrade on the frame. He added three cross supports for added stability. Our drive was 3 hours and Jo Lisa told me to call when we were three hours out. I did so and when we arrived the service bay was open so the 5r could go right in. Spent some time talking to a couple CC owners that were their for service, one from Illinois and the other Rochester, NY. Went to lunch with one of the couples and when we returned our unit was ready to take home. Made it back to home Ohio before 5:00 p.m. Overall a good day!

Pulled it this week to NC with our 2500 Denali and all went well.

Daycruiser - spent the night in the Cabela's parking lot in your hometown of Garner on our way to Emerald Isle. Pulled in at 10 p.m. and left by 7 the next morning.
Sandbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
When I go back to pick my unit up, maybe I'll snap a quick pic. I know there was a Jayco Pinnacle 5er sitting there as I unhitched next to it. There may have been a Coyote or two in the fenced in yard, not sure. Will try to remember to take a more detailed note when I go back.
Here's a quick pic from this past Thursday at Orvan's of units in the fenced-in yard. The Pinnacle is the 6th one from the fence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_132523.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	219310  

Old 11-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
Took our 34IK to Orvan's two weeks ago for an upgrade on the frame. He added three cross supports for added stability. Our drive was 3 hours and Jo Lisa told me to call when we were three hours out. I did so and when we arrived the service bay was open so the 5r could go right in. Spent some time talking to a couple CC owners that were their for service, one from Illinois and the other Rochester, NY. Went to lunch with one of the couples and when we returned our unit was ready to take home. Made it back to home Ohio before 5:00 p.m. Overall a good day!

Pulled it this week to NC with our 2500 Denali and all went well.

Daycruiser - spent the night in the Cabela's parking lot in your hometown of Garner on our way to Emerald Isle. Pulled in at 10 p.m. and left by 7 the next morning.
Picked up mine this past Thursday after a week at his place. Had him add the supports also. Here is part of my post to the thread "What did you do to your camper today?"

Had him - add King WiFi Max with Falcon antenna, add Fantastic fan in bathroom, replace 2 step with 3 steps in hallway & extend handrail, add crowning bracket on gear arm tubes, weld retro support kit above axle area where leaf springs attach to frame (strengthens frame), add struts for front compartment door, add high tail lights, replace 1 1/4" receiver with 2", seal voids & check roof, add morryde stow and go outside steps, repack wheel bearings, replace porch light with LED and add light in compartment bay.

He also did warranty work which included - replaced entry door, TV, added brackets to refrigerator, replaced leaking bedroom slide ram, repaired pantry drawers and guides, repaired bubbles in ceiling along crown moulding, adjusted passage door, repaired & glued rear cabinet doors, moved kitchen island (dinette hitting), repaired kitchen island lights, adjusted all slides as out of alignment, replaced cracked fender skirts, replaced water pump, replaced front cap damaged by hitch bolts (front cap too far forward), replaced air bag, repaired soft/weak spot in bedroom sub-floor, repaired closet door loose mirrors, repaired loose fascia on bedroom slide, repaired linoleum where kitchen slides rubbing and overcuts at registers, corrected ducting to registers, repaired outlet under kitchen cabinet (hole too big), replaced bath faucets (peeling finish), secured trim throughout as needed, adjusted toppers, added weep holes to bay compartment doors, repaired bubbles on roof radius, replaced LCI touchscreen (button moved) and several other issues.

Glad was able to take it to Orvan. Nice to have all work done over a short period (5 days). He and his crew do excellent work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_122738.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	219311   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_122752.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	219312   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191114_122652.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	219313  

Old 11-17-2019, 10:59 PM   #18

Am I understanding that you had a step added? If yes, I’m all over that.

Bill
wkelly5688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkelly5688 View Post
Am I understanding that you had a step added? If yes, I’m all over that.

Bill
Yes
From what I can remember - the original steps were about 9.5, 9.0, 8.5 (which made it tough going up but especially coming down). Adding the step will make it easier going up or down. They are between 6.5 & 7.0 inches rise (the last step has the shortest rise around 6.0) with only about an inch or so shorter in width (can hardly notice the difference). Being I took it from Orvan's directly to storage, we won't know for sure how it will work in long term, but when I picked it up it was great and feel it was the right thing to do.