Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #1

Any ideas what this is and how does it work?

I知 replacing a 13.5k btu ac in our 2020 37mbh with a 15k heat pump (on Cedar Creeks dime...long story)...both Dometic Penguin 2 units. I went up on the roof today and lifted up the 15k ac on the rear of the unit to take a look at the wiring (going to move this to the front and put the heat pump in the rear). Anyway, there is a box underneath that I知 not familiar with, with 4 switches on it. Anyone know anything about this box, what it is and what it does? I値l post a couple pictures so you can see what I知 talking about. I値l also post a picture of the wire pigtail that came with the new heat pump. Any help or suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated, as I know little to nothing about this stuff. My brother is going to help out and he is an electrical genius, but the box thing has him stumped. Much appreciation in advance!! The last pic is the plug coming out of the new heat pump...there is that and of course the 20amp cable. Thanks again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5760.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	240576Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5762.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	240577Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5737.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	240578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5740.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	240580
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #2

Is there a model number on the box?
cmysstailights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:12 PM   #3

Get the installation instruction manual from Dometic.com.The controls will need to be configured for the heat pump with the small dip switches.This tells the thermostat what it is controlling.A little complicated but the manual is good.
jjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjam View Post
Get the installation instruction manual from Dometic.com.The controls will need to be configured for the heat pump with the small dip switches.This tells the thermostat what it is controlling.A little complicated but the manual is good.

Awesome...I appreciate that. Will call them tomorrow. And I did not see a model number on the box..probably on the underside or backside. Thx again.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
Awesome...I appreciate that. Will call them tomorrow. And I did not see a model number on the box..probably on the underside or backside. Thx again.
All the manuals are on line. No need to call.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote