Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Anyone have a 2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition?

I have a 34RL2 on order and I have a few questions. I would like to know what model A/C is used for main or rear unit. I also would like to know if the trailer comes with a tablet or a remote for controlling jacks, awnings, lights, etc. and what does it control. I am sure I will have additional questions but that's what I could think of right now.
Thank you.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
What is a RL2?
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
What is a RL2?


Sorry, Cedar Creek 34RL2.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
SlowrideHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,138
My 2014 Cedar Creek came with a remote that will control the slides, awning, auto leveling and patio light. The new remotes (got one at Goshen rally) also have a little LED flashlight and are rechargeable. The older ones had a battery. I would imagine all Hathaway's will come similarly equipped.
__________________

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
We have remote on our Cedar Creek and it's never been used
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
I think Dometic makes both air conditioners and I think the only size Cedar Creek installs now is the 15,000 unit. We have a 2015 Cedar Creek, a 32RL that's not made anymore that came with two but the bedroom was a 13,500. I think Cedar Creek tries to keep it simple with both the same size. If I could order one now the a/c would come with a heat pump on the main unit
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I think Dometic makes both air conditioners and I think the only size Cedar Creek installs now is the 15,000 unit. We have a 2015 Cedar Creek, a 32RL that's not made anymore that came with two but the bedroom was a 13,500. I think Cedar Creek tries to keep it simple with both the same size. If I could order one now the a/c would come with a heat pump on the main unit


I believe it is a 15000 BTU. I was trying find the model so I could determine the wattage to make sure my Honda Eu3000i would run it. I may have messed up I didn't order the heat pump.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 55
CC 34RL2......I have the 2017. I use the remote to get slides out and that way I can keep an eye on everything too. I use the remote to put out the awning etc. It also has a little tablet connected under one of the cabinets but never use it. I use my two Honda gens to power but haven't needed those yet....thank goodness. I have both Dometic 15000 and did not get the heat pump either. Bought my RV from inventory. Don't know if it makes that much difference but probably would have been nice if I full timed etc. I also believe the caps have been improved from the past year models. Hope so. Really like my unit You will too. Good luck.
hollandsam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:47 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollandsam View Post
CC 34RL2......I have the 2017. I use the remote to get slides out and that way I can keep an eye on everything too. I use the remote to put out the awning etc. It also has a little tablet connected under one of the cabinets but never use it. I use my two Honda gens to power but haven't needed those yet....thank goodness. I have both Dometic 15000 and did not get the heat pump either. Bought my RV from inventory. Don't know if it makes that much difference but probably would have been nice if I full timed etc. I also believe the caps have been improved from the past year models. Hope so. Really like my unit You will too. Good luck.


Cool, so it has both. I was wondering if there was a change. I saw a picture of a 2018 with what appeared to be a tablet. I wasn't sure if the 2017s came with one. I couldn't remember seeing one at the dealer. I had a Carrier 15000BTU A/C unit of my Holiday Rambler and my generator ran it fine. I hope it runs the Dometic.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
florabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Northwest Florida
Posts: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1 View Post
Cool, so it has both. I was wondering if there was a change. I saw a picture of a 2018 with what appeared to be a tablet. I wasn't sure if the 2017s came with one. I couldn't remember seeing one at the dealer. I had a Carrier 15000BTU A/C unit of my Holiday Rambler and my generator ran it fine. I hope it runs the Dometic.
The little tablet mounted on the wall is called MyRV system; I have it on my 2017 34RL2 however Cedar Creek has stopped installing MyRV per the factory tour I took 3 weeks ago. I rally don't like that system anyway.
__________________
2016 Ram 3500HD 6.7L CTD 4x4 CCSB
2017 CC 34RL2 Hathaway Edition
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1 View Post
I believe it is a 15000 BTU. I was trying find the model so I could determine the wattage to make sure my Honda Eu3000i would run it. I may have messed up I didn't order the heat pump.


Your Honda 3,000i should run one a/c unit just fine. A person on this site said he could run the a/c on a 2000i
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:34 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Your Honda 3,000i should run one a/c unit just fine. A person on this site said he could run the a/c on a 2000i


Thank you, that's a relief. OK, next question will it run the microwave\convention oven. I have no idea how much power a convection oven takes to operate.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:54 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
wanderer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
Rethink

Your Honda will not run everything at once. Yes it will run AC, microwave etc. If you try and run both at once don't think its gonna happen. AC like a refrigerator uses the most power when the compressor is starting up. Speaking of Refrigerator, will yours have a Residential Refrigerator? That is another power draw to remember when running your generator. A bit more to consider that just will it run X or Y.
__________________
Tom
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 3500 CC DRW Diesel
2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
wanderer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
With the residential refrigerator you may want to look at 4 6 volt batteries. Four came in mine but there were the cheapest the dealer could find
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer69 View Post
Your Honda will not run everything at once. Yes it will run AC, microwave etc. If you try and run both at once don't think its gonna happen. AC like a refrigerator uses the most power when the compressor is starting up. Speaking of Refrigerator, will yours have a Residential Refrigerator? That is another power draw to remember when running your generator. A bit more to consider that just will it run X or Y.


Thanks Wanderer, I have had to reduce the load to make it work before. I ordered the propane model because I dry camp most of the time. I turn the automatic function off and leave it on gas when I dry camp so generator doesn't have to work as hard. I also plan on installing the Magnum 2000 watt inverter out of my last trailer. To run the microwave and other AC appliances for short runs.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:13 PM   #16
Global Nomad
 
Scheinin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: In my 36CKTS 5th Wheel
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
My 2014 Cedar Creek came with a remote that will control the slides, awning, auto leveling and patio light. The new remotes (got one at Goshen rally) also have a little LED flashlight and are rechargeable. The older ones had a battery. I would imagine all Hathaway's will come similarly equipped.
I would love to have that new remote. I was at the Goshen Rally, and did not see it (actually I didn't know it existed, so I wasn't looking). Where did you get it, from a vendor or Cedar Creek?
__________________
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)


Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
With the residential refrigerator you may want to look at 4 6 volt batteries. Four came in mine but there were the cheapest the dealer could find


I ordered the propane version. The residential unit is not very practical for for me for dry camping. I have run the 6 Volts before, they work awesome. I tried Glass mat 31 series Optima Blue Top 12V batteries and I really like them too. They are sealed and don't vent or leak. They last for years, I believe I got almost ten years out of my last set. They are expensive though but worth it over time. The cheap 12v deep cycle batteries barely last two years.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
W5CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Carlisle, Arkansas
Posts: 1,384
I have the Honda 3000 Handi, it will not restart my AC when it cycles unless the Eco mode switch is in the off position, when the AC tries to restart the Honda will trip out. it will only run four hours while not in Eco mode. It Did the same thing on two different campers
__________________
2005 Cedar Creek 30RLBS/TrailAir Hitch/ MORryde 7K IS/Disc Brakes/ PI PT-50 EMS/ RV Flex Armor Roof
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins 3.42/ Garmin 760RV
40 Gal TransferFlow fuel tank/ TST 507
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I have the Honda 3000 Handi, it will not restart my AC when it cycles unless the Eco mode switch is in the off position, when the AC tries to restart the Honda will trip out. it will only run four hours while not in Eco mode. It Did the same thing on two different campers

My dad has the same issue with his Honda handi generator. I don't know the difference between the two but the full size EU 3000i is definitely more powerful.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 7,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1 View Post
I ordered the propane version. The residential unit is not very practical for for me for dry camping. I have run the 6 Volts before, they work awesome. I tried Glass mat 31 series Optima Blue Top 12V batteries and I really like them too. They are sealed and don't vent or leak. They last for years, I believe I got almost ten years out of my last set. They are expensive though but worth it over time. The cheap 12v deep cycle batteries barely last two years.


If I was ordering a Cedar Creek now I would order the propane/electric one. The residential is nice but you are never that far away from a Walmart or a grocery store, even in Canada or Alaska. The 13cf gas/electric is nice too, I saw some units with ice makers. Are you getting the new steps? Did you get the on demand hot water heater?
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.