Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #61

OK thanks. This is definitely something I want to look at next time I can.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #62

FYI. The guy next to me has a brand new Silverback. I just looked out the window and even from this distance I can see his front landing jacks look nothing like mine.........

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
FYI. The guy next to me has a brand new Silverback. I just looked out the window and even from this distance I can see his front landing jacks look nothing like mine.........
Difference in color, size, footpad, placement, hydraulic or electric? I can't imagine lippert would make a different hydraulic version just for CC. My system is a 2012 and while I have seen slight differences in others jacks (mainly length and color), they have all been basically the same. Just curious as to how yours are different from others?
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #64

Well, it's POURING down rain so I don't really wanna go take pictures right now. But I will.
His has some kind of housing that extends down about half of the cylinder. I don't think mine do. But I ain't sticking my head out right now. LOL

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 01-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #65

Quote:
Cedar creek use to use the level up system, don't know if they changed. You should be able to see a part # or model on the cylinder itself, then look it up on LCI. They have couple of different pads but if it is a level up the cylinder should be the same. I don't think they have changed that
But once again we are talking about FR and Lippert

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Cedar creek use to use the level up system, don't know if they changed. You should be able to see a part # or model on the cylinder itself, then look it up on LCI. They have couple of different pads but if it is a level up the cylinder should be the same. I don't think they have changed that
But once again we are talking about FR and Lippert
They do have a new system that has a independent tank on each cylinder that is powered by electric, but no tank and hydraulic lines, black cat or something like that. A picture would help.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #67

Quote:
Well, it's POURING down rain so I don't really wanna go take pictures right now. But I will.
His has some kind of housing that extends down about half of the cylinder. I don't think mine do. But I ain't sticking my head out right now. LOL
Can't blame you there!! Here's a pic of mine. Hopefully you can see the front jacks if you enlarge the picture enough. All jacks have a housing, but on some units they are installed further down or up on the frame. They can be adjusted also. I adjusted my rear jacks a few holes down to give me a little more stroke past the bottom of the tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171106_160751051.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	159784  
Old 01-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #68

OK, well, it quit raining enough for me to stick my head out.

I'm dead wrong about them being different. Possibly I'm losing it. Well, not possibly, probably.

They look the same except for how they are bolted onto the frame in the front.

I'm probably dead wrong on thinking that they rotate too, but I swear that was pretty obvious.........unless it's that the feet themselves were rotating and not the jack's legs.

I'm hoping I'm wrong. I started this thread to figure out if these would work. If so, I'd love to try them. But a bit expensive, plus a bit of a bio-itch to install if they don't. Have to be welded on.......

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #69

Resurrecting this.

I have waited on a buddy to leave, same trailer as mine just a bit older......and he left this morning. We made red marks on his front landing jacks and I watched closely as he raised them as he hooked up.

NO twist!

He said "There couldn't be a twist, or else when the Auto Level was working, they'd twist". That makes sense.

That said, I see no reason why the Strongarms wouldn't work.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #70

Quote:
Resurrecting this.

I have waited on a buddy to leave, same trailer as mine just a bit older......and he left this morning. We made red marks on his front landing jacks and I watched closely as he raised them as he hooked up.

NO twist!

He said "There couldn't be a twist, or else when the Auto Level was working, they'd twist". That makes sense.

That said, I see no reason why the Strongarms wouldn't work.
There is no problem they will work, i dont know why Lippert is always saying no, as they told me, they even sell the pads with the eye in them. Your right it has always been a myth. Because of them when they installed my level up at the rally, i asked and they said no, I couldn't reuse them so i sold them to BombDoc as soon as i got back to my spot from the factory, then i found out that was bad information 3 years ago.

Old 03-01-2018, 11:33 AM   #71

I think with the strong arms it is possible for the mount to be slight off center of the pad to cause it to twist if they are set and locked if you forget to release them than when you retract them it could cause the jacks to jam and damage the rams. IMHO I think you could make a attachment point at cylinder that would allow cylinder to rotate without causing any jams.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetonford View Post
I think with the strong arms it is possible for the mount to be slight off center of the pad to cause it to twist if they are set and locked if you forget to release them than when you retract them it could cause the jacks to jam and damage the rams. IMHO I think you could make a attachment point at cylinder that would allow cylinder to rotate without causing any jams.
They do not rotate going up or down, at least I have never seen it happen to mine
How could they rotate when sitting on the pad? When they hit the ground and extend and retract to get you to level if they are rotating the pad would dig a hole in the ground. Hold a ram in your hand when you push retract, they DO NOT ROTATE. easy way to tell

Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #73

I STILL would like to find ONE camper somewhere that has same 6 pt level up system, and the Steadyfast system installed. I can not find that combination. That sits in the back of my mind.......I don't want to be first.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #74

There have been so many discussions on this, and all come to the same conclusion: the rams do not rotate, and do not need to rotate, on LevelUp systems. There are more than enough rigs with LevelUp and SteadyFast/Strongarms installed, that this shouldn't even be a concern anymore. Put the stabilization system of your choice on your rig and enjoy, or don't, but do not keep perpetuating this myth.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #75

If you forget to release the JT I'm sure your going to do a whole bunch of damage, but it will happen to the JT not the ram, would I want to try it, no thank you, but that ram would pop that JT IMO only. Also if the ram feels resistance it stops, try putting your foot under it going down with a little pressure it will stop. It doesn't know if it's the ground or your foot. But let's use your foot not mine[emoji16][emoji196]

Old 03-01-2018, 12:12 PM   #76

Quote:
I STILL would like to find ONE camper somewhere that has same 6 pt level up system, and the Steadyfast system installed. I can not find that combination. That sits in the back of my mind.......I don't want to be first.
I still don't understand why you think your levelup system is different from everyone else's?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
There have been so many discussions on this, and all come to the same conclusion: the rams do not rotate, and do not need to rotate, on LevelUp systems. There are more than enough rigs with LevelUp and SteadyFast/Strongarms installed, that this shouldn't even be a concern anymore. Put the stabilization system of your choice on your rig and enjoy, or don't, but do not keep perpetuating this myth.
You can lead people to water but you can't make them drink...[emoji42]

Old 03-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #78

I don't understand any of the last few posts.

I am not perpetuating anything. I am asking a question. You say there are LOTS of examples of Strongarms with LCI 6 pt Level Up. I can't find one. You can find many. Would you help me find one so I can talk to them? I'd appreciate it.

I did not say mine IS different than anyone else's but I did see this morning one difference. People I trust greatly, with a LOT of experience, tell me that they DO rotate. Someone has to be wrong. I see that you do not believe it's you.

I am asking. I had the impression that was the purpose of this forum.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #79
Always Learning

Quote:
Wait until summer. I almost definitely will have the SteadyFast system installed on the new rig. I've met my wife and some wiggle in the camper is too much wiggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
If you forget to release the JT I'm sure your going to do a whole bunch of damage, but it will happen to the JT not the ram, would I want to try it, no thank you, but that ram would pop that JT IMO only.
I imagine you're right. I know my electric landing gear did a number of my JT StrongArm knock-offs at about week 3 or 4 of ownership (way back in 2012). I retracted them one morning after a late arrival for an overnight stop. I forgot to loosen the T-bolt and retracted the landing gear. It dug the screw into the inner bar and built up a burr. I had to remove the JT from the foot of the landing pad and pulled the inner bar out of the outer one. I then used a hatchet to bust the burr off and reassembled the whole kit. Hot as blazes!
Old 03-01-2018, 12:29 PM   #80

Quote:
I don't understand any of the last few posts.

I am not perpetuating anything. I am asking a question. You say there are LOTS of examples of Strongarms with LCI 6 pt Level Up. I can't find one. You can find many. Would you help me find one so I can talk to them? I'd appreciate it.

I did not say mine IS different than anyone else's but I did see this morning one difference. People I trust greatly, with a LOT of experience, tell me that they DO rotate. Someone has to be wrong. I see that you do not believe it's you.

I am asking. I had the impression that was the purpose of this forum.
I know you have been agonizing on this decision for a long time. We have discussed it a lot. Seems you are waiting to find your EXACT RV with SteadyFast installed before you will believe it can be done.

There are lots of pictures of hydraulic levelup systems with steadyfast/strong arms installed, even on their own sites picture galleries. I have seen numerous examples in our travels and on dealer lots.

Everytime you mention your fears of rotation in conjunction with steadyfast install, you are perpetuating the myth that is a problem.

Good luck on making your decision. I wish you well.

Tags
led