Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2021, 02:41 PM   #1

Auto Level

Have a 2017 Cedar Creek 38EL. Just wondering if it is safe to hit "auto level" anytime after set up. We have been parked a few months and I think we have settled a bit. Can I just hit auto level again without putting the slides back in and starting all over again?
Steven Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

You can leave slides out. I would recommend you raise the front and bring the left and right legs up off the ground then hit auto level.

You don’t want to run the slides in and out when you are not level but they will be fine stationary as you level.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #3

Releveling

I wouldn't hit Auto level unless the slides are back in first. If the levelers have settled some you could put system in manual and see which side or front to back needs adjustment. Then slightly adjust each side until level. I believe that would be safe to do with slides out. I've adjusted level this manner before. Check with Lippert for instructions.
karpcbk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #4

.i also would use the manual option to relevel. probably faster and easier than auto level. i believe you would have to manually raise the front in order to use the auto level.
Old 01-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #5

Auto Level

To the OP, YES you can hit auto level but I hit hitch height first so to not loose that setting then auto level. I do not retract the slides either.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired JSO View Post
To the OP, YES you can hit auto level but I hit hitch height first so to not loose that setting then auto level. I do not retract the slides either.

X2 but also so the rear jacks retract
Old 01-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #7

I have used auto-level on my trailer when I was on a grass site. But I retracted the slides first as this was suggested by the Cedar Creek tech, when I was at the international FROG rally a couple of years ago.

I had extended the trailer's hydraulic rams to lift a wheel and tire off of the ground at the rally, for me to change out. Cedar Creek had provided a new wheel and tire for me to replace a defective wheel on my trailer. When I was done the tech simply pushed the auto-level for me and the trailer levelled it's self.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:36 PM   #8

I don't think you want to try correcting for "settling" by manually running the levelers. It's not like you can just adjust L/R and/or F/R. For example, the LF leg may have settled more than the RF or LR leg. I would re-run the auto level. Running individual jacks may result in excessive torqueing of the frame.
MarkEHansen is offline   Reply With Quote