Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 05:06 PM   #1

Auto leveling locked up

So we park at our house and the Lippert 6 way auto leveling system is locked. After selecting Auto level, on a slight incline side to side, The front jacks fully retract and the pump continues to run. The whole system cut off. Pump will not come back on. The manual says to turn the power off and then back on. Does anyone know where you do that? We have looked everywhere except where it is. It is not the big red key in the water compartment and main breaker did not reset system.
Sewhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

No, you need to turn off the power to the computer to reset.
I suggest you pull the plug on the back side of your control panel.
That should get it done. or, you can turn the control panel off then on and enter
manual mode.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #3

We will try that in the morning. My DH used a drill to manually lower the legs. Are you saying that we should unplug the control panel for the leveling system?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:07 PM   #4

Could be a blown fuse as well.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #5

Yes for unplugging the control box - the Levelers get battery power before the cut-off switch.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #6

Two ideas for you.
Turn on keypad on/off button press and hold all four diamond keys front back and both sides for about 10 secs. Soft reset.

If that fails remove battery cable + or - again for same 10 secs.
One or the other should reset the computer unless something failed.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #7

Well we have tried all of your suggestions and no success. Tomorrow, I will call the dealer. It's a shame. We have it just about a month. Could be worse. At least we're home when this happened.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
Well we have tried all of your suggestions and no success. Tomorrow, I will call the dealer. It's a shame. We have it just about a month. Could be worse. At least we're home when this happened.
Sorry nothing worked. Please let us know what the mŕlfunction was after the dealer fixes it. My guess is defective control board...
Old 05-12-2014, 07:44 AM   #9

Lippert system

On my Silverback they installed a breaker in the front storage compartment. This turns the lippert on and off.
bgant4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #10

Well we took it to Tom Johnson today and they showed us how to reset it. It seems there is a gray button that you would never know to push in the front basement. Now we know! Glad it was an easy fix.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #11

Thanks for replying with the end result. Many people don't follow up and we never know how things turned out.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #12

It started to lock up when we tried to auto level again but this time we stopped when it started to make a grinding noise. Our parking place for our CC 36 ckts, is on a slight slant side to side. So we used the manual mode. Until we get the site level, the manual mode is what we will use. They should really tell you this information during the PDI. And they should definitely show you where the reset is since it is hidden and none of the paperwork mentions this. In fact Lippert gives you this big booklet but nothing about troubleshooting and their web site is useless.
There are so many things that you have to learn when you purchase your first camper. This forum has educated and helped us so much.
Thank you to all!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #13
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewhappy View Post
Well we took it to Tom Johnson today and they showed us how to reset it. It seems there is a gray button that you would never know to push in the front basement. Now we know! Glad it was an easy fix.
That's great. Glad I was wrong.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 AM   #14

I have a Lippert system on mine also it has worked flawlessly so far but...... Where is the grey reset button located is it on the backside of the controller or where? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #15

What I found about the levle up 6 point system is it likes to extend up to .2 degree above and below level. If it cannot make that range due to grounding the jacks or cannot extend any further it locks up. It has changed my habits about leveling at sites, sometimes just a foot in either direction can make a huge difference, other times the extra 12x12x2 blocks come out to give the level up the range it needs to do its cycle (and yes boards under the wheels that will likely end up off the ground.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I have a Lippert system on mine also it has worked flawlessly so far but...... Where is the grey reset button located is it on the backside of the controller or where? Inquiring minds want to know
X2. That info could be useful to some of the other members with that system.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:07 AM   #17
Plain Old Member

Sewhappy, mind taking a picture of that reset button and posting? Probably in a similar location on the SB. I'll be looking when I get ours back.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #18

I will try to post a picture this evening of the reset.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #19

Relays are located in a compartment behind the hydraulic pump which is behind a board in the front basement. Reset buttons on the relays are unmarked and not easily recognizable as a reset button. In the photos we added labels pointing to each reset. They are tiny little black spring loaded rubber buttons on the side of the relay block. Push and release each one and your hydraulics work again. Remember this how it is on our CC36 CKTS. We have the Lippert 6 way Auto Level.
Hope this will keep someone else from spending hours trying to figure it out and a trip to the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4079950415.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	52331   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1451648733.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	52333