Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #1

Bathroom towel rods

I would like to install more matching towel rods in the bathroom of my 2014 38CK. They are satin nickel. Does anyone know the manufacturer and make that Forest River/Cedar Creek used? Where is a good place to get them?
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
I would like to install more matching towel rods in the bathroom of my 2014 38CK. They are satin nickel. Does anyone know the manufacturer and make that Forest River/Cedar Creek used? Where is a good place to get them?
I could not find that info either. Finally went on amazon and found one that matches pretty close.
Would be a neat thing if fr had a "owners store" where we could buy things like that. Replacement door knobs, cabinet doors, towel racks, etc.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Professional Curmudgeon

I purchased a cabinet door direct from the factory, so yes, it can be done. There are, however, a couple problems.
1. sources for various items can change at any time during production. For example, at some point Coachmen stopped putting retractable kitchen faucets in and started installing "regular" faucets. It would be impossible to obtain the previous model, since it is no longer available.
2. their prices can be amazingly high. Things you'd think would be very expensive are dirt cheap, while other items you'd expect to be very inexpensive are not.
3. parts purchased from the factory are pulled from the production line, so there is no telling how long you'll have to wait to get your part/accessory.

Lowe's or Home Depot have lots to choose from, and prices are low enough that if you can't match exactly what is already there, you can simply replace everything with higher quality hardware, too.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

I added 3 to my 36CKTS in ORB and have added 1 to my MH with 2 more to go.
For your Satin Nickel ones, I suggest you go to Wally Mart and check out their 2 options. I think the Delta brand is almost an exact match. For me, they are close enough for Gov't work. Save time and money.
For mounting in paper walls the 1/8 in metal Molly's at Home D will hold with wet beach towels and little curtain climbers.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

I found a Delta on line that looked about perfect but while shopping at Lowes, discovered a Moen Prentiss that matched so closely that even the DW was impressed. We added 2 towel rings on the wall and a robe hook on the door. Shot them on with some of those screws they use for the exterior trim. It's amazing what those cardboard walls will hold, however I don't recommend using the towel rings for chin-ups.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #6
jlf

We have the Silverback 33rl. If you are familiar with this model, you know that there are no towel bars at all. Just a small ring by the sink. I wanted to put one by the shower door. But there is no room. And I do not want to hang towels over shower door. So we went to target and bought a over the door type that has three bars across. Hubby took the pocket door off the track, hung the towel bar over the door, then put door back on track. Works great. I guess Forest river stopped putting towel bars on shower doors. Safety Hazard?
jlf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo