Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #1

Brand new 37mbh...couple questions

First off...my wife and I and kid just picked up our new 2020.5 37mbh yesterday. Man what a beast! A couple questions, as I couldn’t find what I am specifically looking for via search function. First, this is VERY minor, but it bothers me nonetheless. The little caps that hold the pull down rods in the blackout shades are missing in a few of the shades. I didn’t catch this in the walkthrough, but did notice when we got home and the rods had slid out because caps holding them in were gone. Anyone know where to pick these up, or where to pint me? Secondly and more important...the level system (levelup 6pt) went nuts this morning when I went to hookup. I was on battery power and backed up to trailer. Turned on with no issue, but when I hit the hitch memory button, it started blinking red. I let it shut off and connected to shore power (30 amp) and the system was just acting wonky. Hitch function wouldn’t do anything...I lowered the front and only one went down at a time,...it finally lowered and I connected to hitch. I then hit retract all and nothing happened...I held down again and each leg would only retract a few inches at a time until I let off and hit again. After letting off and doing this repeatedly, all legs finally retracted.

Long story and horribly written I know, but any help or ideas would be wonderful. I’m about 95% sure I did something totally wrong, as I’m a camping noob. I feel like I somehow scrambled the brains of the system. Thanks in advance!
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:54 PM   #2

Maybe try disconnecting the battery (neg
terminal) and reconnect...does a complete reboot, don't just turn the battery disconnect.
jannjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:16 AM   #3

That's a great model! We purchased a 2019 37MBH in July last year. You are right.....it's an absolute beast! We have a 48' wide barn and I think I have 4 feet to spare. And barely got it into the 13'6" high door.

As for those caps, you can contact your dealer (maybe send them pics) and they should be able to order them for you under warranty. However I will suggest that you should use it 2 or 3 trips as you'll find other warranty items that will need to be addressed and it's easier to bring them all at once.

As for the 6 point level up, we had to "reboot" the unit too and once we did, it's been working fine ever since.

Enjoy that rig. We LOVE ours!
Old 01-19-2020, 09:41 AM   #4

Also to note on the level up (took me tinkering with it to figure things out):
1) Our jacks typically go up/down 1 at a time too. So for the front hitch jacks, 1 will go down, make contact with the ground and then the other starts to come down. That's normal.
2) I've found that when power is low (let's say you are running off the batteries), it gets wonky fast. It'll lose it's memory as to where hitch height was, etc. Recently when mine was at the dealership for a few months, when I went to pick it up the batteries were too low so I had to use the power from the truck 7 pin to raise and lower it.
3) Use blocks (wood or those plastic leveling blocks) under the jacks. I always put 2 under each jack. This way, you won't have to worry about over extending the jacks plus I feel because the jacks don't have to extend as much, it makes it more solid
4) Wipe down the hydraulic arms/rods before retracting them. On my farm equipment I don't do that because they have wiper seals but not sure about these Levelup cylinders. Just use a rag and wipe downward. And you can use some light silcone spray on them as well to help preserve the seals and keep squeaks down
Old 01-19-2020, 09:51 AM   #5

The level up can be a little wonky.

They do not like starting a lot out of level.

Mine likes me to lower the nose from the unhitched position to start.

Get familiar with using the system manually with the screen. I hate that, but it is a necessity.

On a new trailer I would be concerned about battery condition as well. What sort of battery options did you take.

Make adding a battery monitor a high priority. The lights on the panel are worthless.

As noted, the level system is wired directly to the battery. Not thru the disconnect.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #6

Ditto jd. great post.

We have a love hate relationship with the level system.

At weird times it is wonky! Usually in the rain and at nights. Mostly love it.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #7
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
First off...my wife and I and kid just picked up our new 2020.5 37mbh yesterday. Man what a beast! A couple questions, as I couldn’t find what I am specifically looking for via search function. First, this is VERY minor, but it bothers me nonetheless. The little caps that hold the pull down rods in the blackout shades are missing in a few of the shades. I didn’t catch this in the walkthrough, but did notice when we got home and the rods had slid out because caps holding them in were gone. Anyone know where to pick these up, or where to pint me? Secondly and more important...the level system (levelup 6pt) went nuts this morning when I went to hookup. I was on battery power and backed up to trailer. Turned on with no issue, but when I hit the hitch memory button, it started blinking red. I let it shut off and connected to shore power (30 amp) and the system was just acting wonky. Hitch function wouldn’t do anything...I lowered the front and only one went down at a time,...it finally lowered and I connected to hitch. I then hit retract all and nothing happened...I held down again and each leg would only retract a few inches at a time until I let off and hit again. After letting off and doing this repeatedly, all legs finally retracted.

Long story and horribly written I know, but any help or ideas would be wonderful. I’m about 95% sure I did something totally wrong, as I’m a camping noob. I feel like I somehow scrambled the brains of the system. Thanks in advance!
Have found good battery condition is important even when hooked to truck or shore power. 12.5 volts +
RMWSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:25 PM   #8

Sorry to pull this thread off topic, but does Cedar Creek use the LIppert 3.0 Auto-Leveling system like other brands? My SOB (Grand Design) uses Lippert 3.0 and it works flawlessly thus far (one year in).

I love the auto-level and auto hookup features and probably wouldn't go back.

Mike
Old 01-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #9

I believe ours is the 3.0.

We prefer state parks. Places with gravel roads and mud. Most sites are less than level.

Never had an issue for the most part on paved surfaces.

I suspect that is part of the problem.

Also, Cedar Creek installed the minimal panel to operate the system. You have to go in the trailer and mess with the LCI panel on the wall to correct errors. A pain. I assume they wanted that stupid panel to do something!
Old 01-20-2020, 07:34 AM   #10

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!
5er - 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Classic Champagne Touring Edition
Stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:18 PM   #11

When we get to our campsite, we always hookup to shore power for a few minutes before using the level-up....that way the batteries have had a chance to a quick refresh... More so than what the TV supplies. Keep that in mind.

Congrats on the new CC....we love ours - which is our 2nd CC.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #12

I REALLY appreciate all of the replies. Makes me feel better knowing others have had similar issues. After reading the evolve info from you guys, I’m pretty sure the issues I had were related to the temperatures hovering around 30 and running the system off the battery vs shore power. Once I got home, I had it running off the house and it all worked flawlessly several runs. I also ordered some leveling blocks as someone recommended. I have the solar panel with battery monitor inside the trailer. It gives some pretty pertinent information. I’m sure I’ll be back on here with many more questions. Maybe one day I’ll actually be able to help someone instead of being helped...hahaha.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 08:25 AM   #13

@TruckDriver1973 - One thing is for certain....that regardless of the years of camping (RVing) experience, you'll always find yourself in a place needing answers to questions. Even with my 30+ years having all sorts of makes, models and types of RVs, I find myself asking questions all the time. And those questions help others too.

Enjoy the RV and the travels!