Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2018, 06:38 PM   #41

New here, heck don't even have all my info done. Anyway, have read through most of this thread and still have a question. I have a 2015 Sliverback 33IK and have a broken black tank cable. I can't find anything that says what a part number is to replace the valve. Can I just replace the cable? Can a shorter cable be used since it's looped and loose? Thanks
scribe1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:14 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe1952 View Post
New here,.....
Quote:
1. Can I just replace the cable?
Yes, I would suggest a Valterra solid wire cable. You will have to take all of it apart but it might be your best bet.

Quote:
2. Can a shorter cable be used since it's looped and loose? Thanks
Yes, yes, yes One of the biggest issues I found with mine was the cables were each several feet to long and had to be looped to be installed, making it all but impossible for them to work correctly.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
Yes, I would suggest a Valterra solid wire cable. You will have to take all of it apart but it might be your best bet.

Yes, yes, yes One of the biggest issues I found with mine was the cables were each several feet to long and had to be looped to be installed, making it all but impossible for them to work correctly.
Thanks for the response. Haven't been able to find a Lasalle-Bristol, which is what's on it I'm told, cable by itself. Wife bought a replacement kit with a new valve but it looks like the valve is GLUED to the tank connection and the pipe running to the drain port. Short of cutting things apart, (not me), I'll guess we'll use the cable off the valve the wife bought. Why in the heck would you glue it??? Gray water valve getting bad now. What a rinky dink system. You'd think they could do better. Thanks again
Old 07-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #44

If I read it right, you had to take whole valve out anyway and and attach the cable ect... I think I may fair better off by just easily undoing the 4 bolts and sliding the old valve out and sliding the new valve in with cable attached. We will see.

Did that work??
Old 07-04-2018, 03:57 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribe1952 View Post
If I read it right, you had to take whole valve out anyway and and attach the cable ect... I think I may fair better off by just easily undoing the 4 bolts and sliding the old valve out and sliding the new valve in with cable attached. We will see.

Did that work??
Correct, our original plan was to completely replace the valves, BUT in FRCC wisdom the way they plumbed our trailer the new Valterra valves couldn’t fit. So we were left with only one solution, Rebuild the valve and add new Valterra solid wire cables.

Here is a link to my original post right after the first of the year;
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ng-152044.html
Old 07-04-2018, 04:32 PM   #46

[QUOTE=DKRITTER;1860113]Correct, our original plan was to completely replace the valves, BUT in FRCC wisdom the way they plumbed our trailer the new Valterra valves couldn’t fit. So we were left with only one solution, Rebuild the valve and add new Valterra solid wire cable.

I replaced my Bristols with Valterra's then put electric Barker auto drain system to replace the cables.
Kodiak Disc Brakes
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:49 PM   #47

Spock123's post....yes! No matter if your valve closes fully or not for sure there will be latent "material" lurking in your piping. Get this inexpensive add on and never again be surprised with what greets you when taking the cap off. 4 rigs later all of mine have this important add on installed and I can't think of anything else that I have added to my rig that gives me more bang for the buck. Good luck
Old 07-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #48

Had same issue with 2015 CC 36CKTS, really it's an easy fix if you take your time. It's not the slide close unit its the cable. First remove the under pan screws and pull the black under pan down enough to see the slid vales coming out of your tanks, make sure they are closed. Next remove two small screws holding the clasp and flip the small clasp holding the old type cable eyelet lose from the slide and remove the old cable. Replace old type cable with new solid type and reconnect it to the slide eyelet and replace the holding clips. Reinstall the under pans and your are done. It took me about hour to do all three cables. The multi steal wire cables are bad as the rust and freeze up. You can get new cables from FR or any RV supply.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, tank, valve