Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #1

CC Roller Day/Night Shades

We have a one-year-old CC with the newer roller shades. Recently the big shade on the rear window doesn't stop at a specified point when you pull it down. I found the manufacturer guidance for adjustment but it only speaks to the right wheel adjusting the furtherest stopping point and the left wheel adjusting the speed of the blind going up.

Has anyone else with these newer type day/night roller shades had an issue with the blind not stopping when you pull it down and briefly hold it at a designated point?

Thanks for any feedback.
glendodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:14 PM   #2

I had an issue with mine and was able to adjust it using these instructions I found on the Internet:
Right side = Stopper. The Stopper controls the upper stopping point of shade.
To make an adjustment, turn dial clockwise (right end view) to lower stopping point, turn the opposite way to raise stopping point.
Left side = Tension. Tension controls the upward speed.
To make an adjustment, turn dial clockwise (left end view) to increase speed, turn
the opposite way to decrease speed.
Sidemark – limits are pre-set at factory
The shade is operated by pulling down on shade fabric to lower. To raise shade pull down and release fabric, shade will open. (Note: A quick sharp tug is required to release spring mechanism which will raise fabric)
Bbbarker194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #3

I had this problem with the rear shade on my 2016 36CKTS after about 2 months. Talked to the shade manufacturer and they sent me a replacement spring assembly for the shade. Unfortunately, it was the wrong part. When I disassembled the shade, I found a small aluminum pin that was supposed to be press fit into the spring end housing had come out. I was able to reinsert the pin and do a better job of getting a good press fit. Problem solved. Shade now works as intended.
happy traveler is offline   Reply With Quote