Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
I'd say NEVER but that's a long tme!!! I won't go there unless I'm out of other choices. They are nice people but I think truth is a banned substance there.
I've had good service from Harberson in Clearwater so I'm going to give them another shot and see how they perform.
I was not impressed with LD service in the past for in warranty stuff. Hope your place sheds light on the slow draining.

Jim
Old 07-25-2019, 03:07 PM   #22

Yeah, me too. It's not a back breaker but an annoyance that it slows down the dump process. I let it drain until I'm out of patience then just shut all the valves and hit the road. I'd like them empty so we could count on the full 40 gal. Capacity.
I tried using a 3rd valve at the dump connection but the tanks do not equalize for some reason. One of the gray water tanks is higher than the other so the lower one goes over full.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:32 AM   #23

Quote:
Yeah, me too. It's not a back breaker but an annoyance that it slows down the dump process. I let it drain until I'm out of patience then just shut all the valves and hit the road. I'd like them empty so we could count on the full 40 gal. Capacity.
I tried using a 3rd valve at the dump connection but the tanks do not equalize for some reason. One of the gray water tanks is higher than the other so the lower one goes over full.
Did you find anything out regarding to slow draining?

Jim
Old 08-09-2019, 07:03 AM   #24

I took it to dealer about 10 days ago. Called them on the 7th and they, of course, found nothing wrong. So back to drawing board. I'll get a scope and look inside myself.
This is why I get so darn frustrated with these little issues. The only people that see a problem is the owner. Hard to claim any type of warranty problem if I'm the only one who knows it is defective.
It's all good. The sun will still come up tomorrow!
Good luck w yours.

T
Old 08-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #25

Quote:
I took it to dealer about 10 days ago. Called them on the 7th and they, of course, found nothing wrong. So back to drawing board. I'll get a scope and look inside myself.
This is why I get so darn frustrated with these little issues. The only people that see a problem is the owner. Hard to claim any type of warranty problem if I'm the only one who knows it is defective.
It's all good. The sun will still come up tomorrow!
Good luck w yours.

T

I asked Orvan specifically about this problem and he said nothing you can do, the tanks have very little slope to them and the only thing you can do is raise the front of the unit up as they drain front to back than out to the side.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #26

Bummer, but I'm glad it's not a gate valve issue. Although, if it was a valve it could be fixed.

Jim
Old 08-19-2019, 07:07 PM   #27

Thanks Geof,
I was pretty well resigned to that end. It's not a huge deal. Only an annoyance.
Got to get the cooktop center burner replaced somehow. Dealer says we aren't lighting it correctly which is not true. So..........one thing at a time.
Another project is getting the vibration out of the rear AC. Dealer can't find that either so maybe us "rookies" can figure it out.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #28

I had a horrible vibration in my front AC a few weeks back. I thought I was lucky that it would still be under the 1 year warranty.

Decided instead to go up top to check it out. A mud dauber built a nest in the fan. No need to take it to the dealer (LD)!

Jim
Old 08-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #29

Jim,
I hope it's that simple!
I'm guessing it's a bad mold job on the fan blade. Maybe a little counterbalance will do it.
Old 08-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #30

No, it was a mud dauber nest. I don't know if there is a way to keep it from happening again. I know for a home, you paint the ceiling sky blue and they will not build a nest.

Jim
Old 08-20-2019, 04:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Thanks Geof,
I was pretty well resigned to that end. It's not a huge deal. Only an annoyance.
Got to get the cooktop center burner replaced somehow. Dealer says we aren't lighting it correctly which is not true. So..........one thing at a time.
Another project is getting the vibration out of the rear AC. Dealer can't find that either so maybe us "rookies" can figure it out.
My rear AC also vibrates, in fact the way we noticed it was my DW asked what rattle noise was in the kitchen. I traced it to the oven burner rattling due to the vibration from the AC unit. Since Orvan has my trailer I'm going to call his daughter and have him see about the vibration induced rattle.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, drain, tank, water, water tank