Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #21

They stink up the place unless the container has a tight seal and then they don't dry. Gross. 😁
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
The sewer hoses are stored in a plastic container, I donít see a problem. Just about everything I have in the camper is stored in plastic containers.
X2,
I wash out my sewer hose with the gray water and then flush the hose with clear water using one of my two Flush King fittings that I have. The hoses (40 FT) will go into my storage containers in the basement when cleaned. The fittings and sewer hose support go into another container. These are all label as to what they are. Such as Potable water hose and fittings, Sewer hose, Sewer fittings, Electrical wiring and adapters and camper supplies. The little sewer hose compartment on the side of the trailer that is provided has the very cheap sewer hose in it from Cedar Creek.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:27 AM   #23

I rinse my hoses out and put them in a plastic storage container. Sometimes I keep the storage container sitting in the front of the truck bed. Havenít lost a stinky slinky to thieves yet.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #24

x2 on Jim34RL. If you aren't just throwing hoses in without a proper rinsing, then you might have a problem. But keeping the rinsed completely before storing, and capping the ends, before putting them into a dedicated and sealed container should be sufficient for anyone. Its not like we're just unhooking them and throwing them into the basement. Some people never use their toilets, (like my son-in-law), and then they never have to worry about clean hoses, flushing black tanks, or the other "GROSS" aspects of owning an RV. To each their own.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #25

I bought that storage tube from CW and installed it under my Cedar Creek, my Rino hose will not go into it so It has never been used. Lots of trouble and expense for nothing. I rinse very well then put hose in front storage compartment. no odors at all.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #26

Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm just going to take the easy route for now and store in some snap top containers that will go in the front storage bin.
Attached Images

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:49 PM   #27

Sewer Hose Storage

I had mine in plastic containers up front also, but always had drainage and odors in the containers. Bought two eight foot 5" vinyl fence posts at Lowe's, cut them to length of about 6' and strapped them across from frame to frame under the belly with plumbers tape (the metal kind). Mounted them right behind the sewer outlet for convenience. Added vinyl caps on each end, drilled a hole to put a small six inch 1/4" bolts with wing nuts to hold them on. I can use one hose if close enough, or add the second one for a longer reach. Also drilled four 1/2" holes in the bottom of each for drainage onto the ground. By getting the 5" square posts, it accommodates the larger sewer connections. I sprayed the caps black to match my coach trim. Sorry about the sideways picture, but just can't figure out how to move phone pictures to the computer correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC Hose Storage.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	161259  
RVSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I bought that storage tube from CW and installed it under my Cedar Creek, my Rino hose will not go into it so It has never been used. Lots of trouble and expense for nothing. I rinse very well then put hose in front storage compartment. no odors at all.
I just cut the pins on the side of the connector off with my moto tool and it fits fine.
Also added this for extra hose.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A04-...e+storage+tube
calsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:43 PM   #29

I use the same "outside the basement" storage containers that I mentioned back in post #4......... LOL

The Valterra Viper hoses with the large bayonet/lug ends will fit in them.

However.......I'm seriously thinking of changing to the Waste Master hose..........and that's a whole NEW set of problems for storage!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
However.......I'm seriously thinking of changing to the Waste Master hose..........and that's a whole NEW set of problems for storage!
On our River Stone it came with this system already installed also with the optional storage box, if your Creek has room to mount it that would be great, a friend with your same unit bought his at the Goshen rally but has yet to mount the storage box.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #31

Quote:
I use the same "outside the basement" storage containers that I mentioned back in post #4......... LOL

The Valterra Viper hoses with the large bayonet/lug ends will fit in them.

I already have this bought it last fall. It will mate with other sewer hose assemblies that I have. This still will store in my Rubber Maid containers that I keep in the basement.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:28 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
I already have this bought it last fall. It will mate with other sewer hose assemblies that I have. This still will store in my Rubber Maid containers that I keep in the basement.

Guess I'm unsure what that means. What other assemblies? How can it, since the Drain Master has to have lugs cut off the regular connection and glue on the D.M. fitting.

??

And I may have to put it in the basement. But my basement is full and I don't want to.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Guess I'm unsure what that means. What other assemblies? How can it, since the Drain Master has to have lugs cut off the regular connection and glue on the D.M. fitting.

??

And I may have to put it in the basement. But my basement is full and I don't want to.
This also will work with other Bayonet mounted devices of similar size. Such as the Camaco Rhino Flex sewer hose. I had sprung a leak in one 10' section of hose which I throw it a way, keeping the other 10' section as extra spare.

At one of our camping expeditions late last year the park we use was an older park where the sewer line was a distance away from the connection point on my trailer. That extra 10' spare hose I kept fit up to the Valterra sewer hose. Which surprised me thus making it this easier to hook up to the other 20' of hose since this was already connected to the trailer.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:06 PM   #34

I'm taking about this hose, and it has its own storage tube.......cause the head is so big.

It won't fit the bayonet/lug that comes on trailers. Instructions say to hacksaw the lugs off. Guy next to me a week ago had one and I like it! Just hard to store.

| Drain Master

FROG AR-0019-242

Tags
cedar creek, storage