Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #1

Cedar Creek 36CK2 - Sewer hose storage

Looking for info from othe 36CK2 owners as to where they store their sewer hoses? Although the 36CK2 has a dedicated sewer hose storage tube, it is a very short and small round tube. I couldn't get my sewer hose to fit in there. Lots of storage options shown on Youtube, but I figured if Cedar Creek built one in, I'd try to figure it out first.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsykora View Post
Looking for info from othe 36CK2 owners as to where they store their sewer hoses? Although the 36CK2 has a dedicated sewer hose storage tube, it is a very short and small round tube. I couldn't get my sewer hose to fit in there. Lots of storage options shown on Youtube, but I figured if Cedar Creek built one in, I'd try to figure it out first.
Did you buy new? Did the hose come out of the storage tube? Never saw one "not fit"
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:45 PM   #3

Same question.

We just purchased a 34re with the 48" tube which fits only a 10' hose, maybe.

I was looking at a Plano box with several latches. Over 30" long an 18" wide. About $40
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #4

I have two hoses, and two of these, screwed to the bottom of frame at the front of trailer:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A04-...e+storage+tube

In a Factory Tour, I told Mervin that the existing sewer hose location was as worthless as..............well, it was worthless. He looked at me funny, but agreed. Yet, still being done.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Did you buy new? Did the hose come out of the storage tube? Never saw one "not fit"
It came with a cheapie hose and I was trying to fit my Rhino hose into it.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I have two hoses, and two of these, screwed to the bottom of frame at the front of trailer:

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A04-...e+storage+tube

In a Factory Tour, I told Mervin that the existing sewer hose location was as worthless as..............well, it was worthless. He looked at me funny, but agreed. Yet, still being done.
I was looking at those on Amazon. Are yours mounted under the trailer on the frame? You are correct - the current supplied tube location and holder is worthless.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #7

sewer hose stor

Quote:

Hope this helps.

As you've said CC storage is short and also will not accept a Rhino-Flex hose.

Here's my solution to the problem.

Got new door assembly from local RV dealer. Cut out center to make it square and mounted 7' of fence post cover on to door assembly.

Here' photo of CC's short tube and new fence post. Notice the Rhino Flex stores in PVC rain gutter.

New storage tub installed.

Plywood support holds up far end of tube in storage compartment.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #8

Quote:
I was looking at those on Amazon. Are yours mounted under the trailer on the frame? You are correct - the current supplied tube location and holder is worthless.
It's worthless unless you do what C.B. did above. I know several who have done that, and it works. For one hose.

I laid on the ground, and screwed mine on with self tapping screws. I put them directly into the frame. I had to find the right spot so doors would open once installed. One of them, will only open on one side, but that's ok. I normally need only one anyway.

I think there are several brands. Make sure you get one that your particular hose will fit in. We use Valterra Dominator hoses, and detachable clear 90, 45, and straight connections.

All this may be an issue one day. I'm seriously considering a total changeout to WasteMasters:

5th Wheels & Trailers - Sewer Hoses and Storage | Drain Master

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #9

I use the “hose storage “ for fishing poles and store the stinky slinky in a blue plastic tub in the large storage compartment.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #10

My 2016 Cardinal 3450 5th wheel has a short tube, and the difficulty in using it is a brace on the frame which is within 7 inches of the storage tube opening. This makes it very difficult to put a hose in, or to take it out. I don't use it at all.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #11

The factory tube is almost worthless. I bought a lager and longer tube from a supply house and it works great for 20' of hose.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:12 PM   #12

[QUOTE=Sterlingsilver;1713796]The factory tube is almost worthless. I bought a lager and longer tube from a supply house and it works great for 20' of hose.[/QUO

Did you replace the factory tube with a longer tube or did you mount the longer tube someplace else?

Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 AM   #13

I use a plastic box I picked up from Walmart to store my sewer hose in. I use the same size plastic box to store my water hoses in. Simple to use and no work to make it work
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #14

[QUOTE=Gsykora;1713810]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
The factory tube is almost worthless. I bought a lager and longer tube from a supply house and it works great for 20' of hose.[/QUO

Did you replace the factory tube with a longer tube or did you mount the longer tube someplace else?
I replaced the factory tube with a larger and as long a tube as I could fit in. I had to use a wire hanger to support it and I had to grind the factory opening larger but I was able to use the same plastic door so the outside looks the same.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #15

X2

Quote:
X2
Only here once - do it baby!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
X2
Mine is located in the factory location on the driver's side near the docking station. It runs almost clear across the trailer behind the storage area. I bought the pipe I used from an on-line plastic tube company. I wanted it thin and light weight.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I use a plastic box I picked up from Walmart to store my sewer hose in. I use the same size plastic box to store my water hoses in. Simple to use and no work to make it work
I have several Rubber Made (spelling?) boxes, one for electrical stuff (surge protector, dog bones, multi-meter, etc), one for sewer hoses (various fittings, etc), and one for fresh water hoses, (pressure regulators, filters,etc). Each of the boxes is labeled on each side so as not to throw the sewer hoses into the fresh water hose box. They work great and I store them in the basement of my 5th wheel on the same side as the connections.
card16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #18

Sounds gross. Sewer hoses do not belong inside the unit for obvious sanitary reasons.
Old 01-25-2018, 09:52 AM   #19

Some of the amazing engineering feats are inspiring. I am a simple man, I just use a few labeled bins with lids from Costco.
I seal all my water lines before storing in their bin and also seal all the sewer hoses before putting them in their bin.

One of the main reasons for getting a RV was I was tired after traveling for years of hotels and dealing with someone else's kodies.(sp) I don't mind my own necessarily.

I know, I know this is going to freak some of y'all out.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:34 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingsilver View Post
Sounds gross. Sewer hoses do not belong inside the unit for obvious sanitary reasons.

The sewer hoses are stored in a plastic container, I don’t see a problem. Just about everything I have in the camper is stored in plastic containers.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, storage