Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #1

Cedar Creek 40 CCK

My sister has just took delivery on a 40 CCK (2015). On the control panel there is a switch labeled "slide room" on/off. Can't find documentation on what it is connected to or what it does. Can anyone shed light on this.
Thanks
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #2

On my CC Silverback it disables the switch next to it labeled "slide room" in/out.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

Same here. Disables slide in / out switch.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:12 AM   #4

Same on our's... :-)
Past RV's: Misc.tents,V.W.Campers('65,'69) 2012 Arctic Fox 25S.
[B]Camping Day's: Never Enough
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #5

have the CCK as well and I echo everyone's replies.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #6

Same as above.....it is like a lock out switch to prevent accidentally moving the slide.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

My sister is planning to winterize her cottage come November. We can do the normal winterizing except:
The frig, there any instructions on "How To" winterize the ice maker since this unit has residential frig.
also the dishwasher
Old 08-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #8

When traveling I always turn the slide out switch to OFF. Prevents any possible mishap from accidentally pressing the switch when messing around inside our panel box for keys, water pump switch or whatever! 😜
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
My sister is planning to winterize her cottage come November. We can do the normal winterizing except:
The frig, there any instructions on "How To" winterize the ice maker since this unit has residential frig.
also the dishwasher
I am a rookie at the ice maker and dishwasher as well. Hope someone can chime in.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:47 PM   #10

I don't have the dishwasher on my 38FL, but the residential fridge has drain line and water turn off under the slide out. Also, lift the bar inside the freezer to turn it off. Last year I just ran antifreeze into the icemaker and I still had the PLASTIC chamber on the ice maker solenoid burst. Since I don't use the icemaker anyway, I replaced the solenoid, but did not reattach the water line. Instead, I attached a push connect valve ( Mur-Lok RO-Pal - Pipe x Push Connect - Bulk Reef Supply ) to the water line so I can winterize without running antifreeze to icemaker.
Would hope that the dishwasher has the same type of shut off set up.
Good luck. ( you do NOT want to pull that fridge out )
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #11

Thanks for the input. I have been doing some research and have assembled a manual with pictures and steps to assist my sister in winterizing. (Water lines, water heater, dishwasher and in progress ice maker). The 40CCK does not have a water dispenser in fridge)
I found these instructions for the dishwasher;
Turn off water valve under sink. disconnect water line to dishwasher. drain water line into pan. reconnect water line.
Use sponge to retrieve water out of sump. (I think a cup of antifreeze in sump may be over kill). To de-winterize just run dry cycle to flush.

The ice maker, I do NOT want antifreeze in it. I agree withdrndrj5, Will check out link. The big issue is the solenoid freezing up. Looking for manual on how it is assembled so maybe access from the front.
Thanks for all information
Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM   #12

You will not be able to access that solenoid from the front. As you are looking at the fridge from the front, ( if it is the same as the 38FL ) it is on the bottom left in the rear. If you are going to pull the fridge out, you can just unplug the electrical connection from the solenoid and make sure the water is drained out of the line. You can only use the push type ball valve ( Mur-lok RO Inline Ball Valve Push Connect - Bulk Reef Supply ) ( this is the exact one I used ) if you are changing out the solenoid, because the water line is a screw on fixture on the original. The replacement solenoids ( which I REALLY didn't want to be introduced to ) have a push on type fixture, so when I trade in the rv, I can reattach the water line.

I can also winterize the water line going to the ball valve super easily. I use the antifreeze to flush the toilet during the winter months so we can stay overnight if we want to.
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #13

Thanks for the feed back.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #14

I used a air compressor to winterize and even disconnected the water line to the ice maker from the push valve and ran the dishwasher dry. Now just hoping it makes it through a Colorado winter.
bt_1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #15

Found your old post, we recently purchased a cedar creek cottage and are trying to figure out how to winterize the dishwasher. Can you give me any tips.
Thanks from the mitten state
Anna959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna959 View Post
Found your old post, we recently purchased a cedar creek cottage and are trying to figure out how to winterize the dishwasher. Can you give me any tips.
Thanks from the mitten state
After we cut the water off I ran the dishwasher dry for 2 cycles. The went under the sink and made sure all the water was out of the drain line.
bt_1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:11 PM   #17

Ice Maker

What do I have to do to winterize the ice maker on the Cedar Creek Cottage?
Laurel Mohl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek