Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #1

Cedar Creek Air Conditioner

We just bought a 2014 Cedar Creek 32RL with a second air conditioner in the bedroom. The air conditioner seems extremely loud (making it impossible to sleep). Has anyone found a solution for this problem?
Bbbarker194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #2

The AC has 3 settings controlling the speed of the fan -- auto, hi, & lo. On Auto, it will run on hi fan until the temp gets close to the setting then change to lo, then finally shut off entirely. On Hi, it runs continually at the loudest setting. Perhaps yours is set to hi? Try changing to lo?

Otherwise, I don't know why it would be so loud. Ours isn't loud enough to wake me in the night when it comes on.
danno2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

You get used to it pretty quick. They are loud. Nature of the product. Beats the heat!! Works better if you close the BR door and run it on max when getting ready. Room gets cool faster and runs less once maintained unless outdoor temps are brutal.
Buy some comfortable ear plugs. I have had to use them when sleeping in rv parks along the interstates.
The newest 2015's being built now have a MUCH QUIETER ducted system. You are not going to be able to convert.
We have one of the last 2015's built the old style. UGH!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #4

Must be the domestic "whisper quiet". Best marketing scam name ever. I swear mine is so loud you could set the alarm off in my truck, start it up, hook up my boat, pull all my rods out of the basement and I'd never know.

Salt

Lose the 2nd and the rest will follow.
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #5

At least your AC works we have a 2013 36Ckts they replaced the bedroom air last year it's not working right and they have to replace the living room AC now

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Cowboy52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:53 PM   #6

Are both A/C's on the same air duct?

If so, can the back A/C be run at night (front A/C off) and blow cool air to the bedroom through the air duct?

That would make it quieter. I am wondering because I am considering buying a Cedar Creek.
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB B&W Continuum Hitch
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 AM   #7

Thanks

I will try closing the bedroom door and turning it down really low before going to bed. Glad this is the Whisper Quiet unit - can't imagine what the other units must be like.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #8

Thanks

Both appear to be on the same duct system. My plan is to really cool down the bedroom using the second unit before going to bed then to turn the second unit off and use only the one unit during the night.

Of all the RVs we looked at, the Cedar Creek had the fewest things we didn't like. I don't think there is a perfect RV. So far (4 days) we are overall very pleased with the unit.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer4 View Post
Are both A/C's on the same air duct?

If so, can the back A/C be run at night (front A/C off) and blow cool air to the bedroom through the air duct?

That would make it quieter. I am wondering because I am considering buying a Cedar Creek.
Yes, we run both ac's during the heat of the day, and only the rear ac at night.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
Yes, we run both ac's during the heat of the day, and only the rear ac at night.
Thank you for confirming this.
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB B&W Continuum Hitch
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, cedar creek