Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #1
Karl & Melanie

Cedar Creek Cottage questions

Hi all!

I am new to the forum. I'm looking for answers to a couple questions I haven't been able to find elsewhere.

My husband and I have been full-timing for almost 3 yrs in our Cedar Creek Champagne fifth wheel. We are considering leaving the fifth wheel in PA and buying a Cedar Creek Cottage to leave in the Florida Keys. I'm trying to find out what the difference is between a 40CCK and a 40CRS. They appear the same, but there has to be differences!

Also, when they measure the Cedar Creek cottages, does the "40" include the hitch in the front or not??

Thanks for any help!!
mburkhart1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:32 AM   #2

At first glance I though the same but the difference I see is only in the bedroom as it seems like they flip the closet and the 40CL then has a loft above the bedroom so the bedroom might even step down but can't tell. I had to enlarge the floorplan picture to be able to see this.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #3

We just purchased the CRS (2020). The CRS has the bedroom in the front and the CCK, I believe, has the bedroom in the back. As far as I know, they are otherwise the same. The 40 refers to the box size. Ours is 42' OAL. I can't tell you if we like it because due to corona, we are just able to set it up now. It's beautiful, though! Looking forward to actually using it. All I can say is that so far, set up has gone well! We're hiring someone to do the leveling just to have it done more professionally than I did myself on our last trailer (2013 FR Windjammer).
Old 05-23-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
Karl & Melanie

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2020, 12:53 PM   #5

Naples,FL

Our 40CCK has been in Naples for three seasons now. We wanted the BR in the rear as our lot is facing the street in front. We can see everything along the street and still avoid noise at night.
Very happy with the storage and layout. I apply THE SOLUTION every year and it still looks new, I have the tires covered to protect from the sun. I don't plan on moving it but the taxes are better if the tires and hitch are still on it.
The two of us find it very nice to spend 5-6 months there in the winter.
Once you get beyond the factory mistakes that every RV has, you will be very happy too.
Enjoy...
Escapenrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:56 PM   #6
Karl & Melanie

Thank you!!
Old 06-11-2020, 01:33 AM   #7

We just got our new 40CCK. I'm not sure if our AC unit in the front is working properly
When I turn the AC on hardly any cold air comes out the vents. So naturally the rv can't cool done thus the AC unit doesn't cycle on and off and then starts to ice up. my dealer has been of no help and tells me to call Dometic for any concerns. just wondering if anyone else has this problem. p.s. if i hold a lit candle by the vent there is not even enough air flow to blow out flame
Spilotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek