Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2022, 11:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotairgypsy View Post
i know how to manually override and push out the slides using a drill on the back of the pump...may have to do that to see what all moves...i have no idea what is hydro and what is electric...i am not finding any other switches to move slides
When you used drill method before that was just for the landing gear, right?

If you want to do it manual you need to open the valve. I guess you already know that.

Are you connected to shore power? Are your batteries charging? I know low battery power can cause slide issues.

If that resivour is meant to push out 4 more slides it looks pretty low.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 11:17 PM   #22

that low fluid has been nagging me in the back of my mind...only the 6 jacks are out and that is where the fluid level is...been wondering if there is a low fluid sensor in the res keeping it from going further...i have not found a power cord in the trailer so far so been running off batteries...i have an adapter showing up tomorrow so i can get 110v on the trailer tomorrow evening....not going to buy the big cord yet in case there is one in one of the cabinets...cant look until have this trailer expanded
hotairgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 11:40 PM   #23

My trailer which is a year newe tan your has a cord roller in the basement next t the wet bay. I doubt the power cord will be inside?

Also, don’t you Ave the front 2 slides out? I thought you said that?

If you do add fluid don’t add much as the real time to add is with everything retracted, slides and levelers.

Check battery with voltmeter when you push the extend button to see if the voltage drops a lot.

Old 09-06-2022, 06:35 AM   #24

Ih the op first post he mentioned it is a 38FL6 which is a front living room, if I am correct the front slides are the Schwintek slides which are just electric, if this helps at all.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:22 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Ih the op first post he mentioned it is a 38FL6 which is a front living room, if I am correct the front slides are the Schwintek slides which are just electric, if this helps at all.
Yes, thanks. That is a big help. Looks like there is just a hydraulic problem.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:35 AM   #26

So it sounds like a hydraulic issue. That reversing relay on top of fluid container we need to check. You say when in is pushed the motor runs but out nothing.

You need to trouble shoot the switch on top of the fluid resivour. There should be control signals, probably small,wires, that command it to drive the motor in either direction. If they do it might be a bad relay.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/tromb...YaAjrCEALw_wcB

In the meantime add some fluid and just swap the 2 wires that go to the motor. Then press the in button and it should put the 4 slides out. They go out 1 at a time. You can do this from that white button outside so you can keep an eye on the fluid.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:29 AM   #27

You should be able to measure the voltage at the two connectors at the base. Put you voltmeter there and press in and out. Button. The voltage should change polarity. This should cause the main polarity switch to change motor connection.

Like I said earlier to get the slides out by swapping the motor wires since the relay does work in one direction.

Old 09-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post

i was totally wondering this...i got the sense they were electric but since i could not be in 2 places at the same time i just assumed...ill do more testing after i get the trailer on house power
Old 09-06-2022, 08:25 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
So it sounds like a hydraulic issue. That reversing relay on top of fluid container we need to check. You say when in is pushed the motor runs but out nothing.

You need to trouble shoot the switch on top of the fluid resivour. There should be control signals, probably small,wires, that command it to drive the motor in either direction. If they do it might be a bad relay.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/tromb...YaAjrCEALw_wcB

In the meantime add some fluid and just swap the 2 wires that go to the motor. Then press the in button and it should put the 4 slides out. They go out 1 at a time. You can do this from that white button outside so you can keep an eye on the fluid.

i am getting a bit lost in this cuz of a lack of experience so lets take this one step at a time..

"So it sounds like a hydraulic issue. That reversing relay on top of fluid container we need to check. You say when in is pushed the motor runs but out nothing."

correct...when "in" is pushed you can feel the relay open and the motor is running...when "out" is pushed nothing from the relay or motor.

"In the meantime add some fluid and just swap the 2 wires that go to the motor. Then press the in button and it should put the 4 slides out. They go out 1 at a time. You can do this from that white button outside so you can keep an eye on the fluid."

i added one quart of fluid a bit ago and nothing changed. when you say swap motor wires i assume you are referring to the 4 gauge wires on the back side of the pump correct?

how does the white button know i want to move the slides and not the deployed jacks? i dont understand how the white toggle switch operates if that makes sense

also since the jacks go up and down fine doesnt that mean the lippert relay in the link you posted would be fine?
Old 09-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #30

Quote:
i am getting a bit lost in this cuz of a lack of experience so lets take this one step at a time..

"So it sounds like a hydraulic issue. That reversing relay on top of fluid container we need to check. You say when in is pushed the motor runs but out nothing."

correct...when "in" is pushed you can feel the relay open and the motor is running...when "out" is pushed nothing from the relay or motor.

"In the meantime add some fluid and just swap the 2 wires that go to the motor. Then press the in button and it should put the 4 slides out. They go out 1 at a time. You can do this from that white button outside so you can keep an eye on the fluid."

i added one quart of fluid a bit ago and nothing changed. when you say swap motor wires i assume you are referring to the 4 gauge wires on the back side of the pump correct?

how does the white button know i want to move the slides and not the deployed jacks? i dont understand how the white toggle switch operates if that makes sense

also since the jacks go up and down fine doesnt that mean the lippert relay in the link you posted would be fine?
The white button only controls the slides.

I’m talking about the 2 black wires on top of the relay.

Your right, sounds like the relay is working as your level up jacks go up and down. It seems you are not getting the correct signal to the relay from the internal switch. Try the white button before you swap the wires.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #31

btw...ment to tell you thank you for all your help...greatly appreciated...feel we are getting closer to the issue...exciting stuff
Old 09-07-2022, 05:15 PM   #32

Quote:
btw...ment to tell you thank you for all your help...greatly appreciated...feel we are getting closer to the issue...exciting stuff
Hey, your welcome.

That reversible relay does seem to be working since the same hydraulic pump is used for the level-up system and the slides. The valves are what controls what system the fluid gets to.

The reversible relay as I remember (I’m away from my RV so can’t look at mine) has 3 wires connected to the top with a post and nut. The center post comes from the battery via the resettable breaker you reset a day or so ago. The other 2 posts go to the motor. Depending on what their polarity is determines which direction.

On the side of the reversible relay is another post and nut that is the ground connection. On each side of the ground post are knife connectors. These are the control signals that determine motor direction. When you press the rocker switch inside one of those knife connectors has 12vdc connected which drives the motor in 1 direction and when you press the other end of the rocker it supplies 12vdc to the other knife connection amd the motor reverses.

It sounds like the signal gets there from your level-up control but not the internal rocker for the slides.

Try the white rocker by the hydraulic pump. Pushing the top retracts and the bottom extends or vice versa, I can’t remember but it will be obvious when you press iit. Maybe signal will get there from that switch.

If that does not work swap the 2 wires on top of relay and press the in button inside and the slides should start to extend. At least you can get all the slides out and we can go from there…

Old 09-07-2022, 07:39 PM   #33

i just tested the white button....top is retract clearly...bottom didnt do anything...i could hear relay clicking...

so i did the switching of wiring a bit differently than what you suggested...i reversed the triggers...well so then i hit the retract button with the wires reversed and the slides came on out...so it seems the trigger wire is clearly not working so i need to trace that one to where ever it goes...looks like one of the slides came out crooked so will have to figure out how to fix that...also need to turn off the rooms on the driver side so i am not blocking more of the road...camper to big to put in my yard...just have to figure out which is driver side on the knobbys
Old 09-07-2022, 07:40 PM   #34

these thingys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220902_160643.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	278922  
Old 09-07-2022, 08:27 PM   #35

Quote:
these thingys
I really can’t help with the slides as to which is which. I would swap your trigger back and turn them all off but one. Start the retract and if it is not on the side you want stop immediately. It will only go in a little bit. Turn that one off and the next on and repeat. You will finally determine what to valves control,the slides you want in..Bring those two all,the way in and then swap the trigger wire and extend the other two fully.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:05 PM   #36

As far as the switch is concerned we know the 12vdc is at both switches (inside & white) but the extend wiring is not connected or something. You need to determine what wire to the relay is inactive and trace it back to where it connects with the internal wire.

I can’t find any wiring diagram of that. Also the level-up uses the same knife connectors and it works up and down. So I’m not sure where this all come together.

I’m not at home right now so I can’t go out to my rv and help trace this back for you.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:41 AM   #37

Just to let you know there is a “Lippert Communities”. This app is run by Lippert and is a wealth of knowledge. You can talk to experts and all Lippert manuals are also there for download as well as videos. Lippert has so many companies. It is well worth looking at.

Dan and Carol
2019 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/4x4/long box
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:49 PM   #38

great info...i took the trailer to the dealership to have them fix the slide...they have welding and brackets to figure out...thats above my payscale...asked them to look at the switching while it is there...once i get it back then i will have a better idea of how to proceed
Old 09-16-2022, 10:27 AM   #39

I have that modile. Fifth wheel. If you need help pm me and i will try to help you. And i will give you my phone number.wich is quicker to talk you through this.
n1joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:23 PM   #40

Did you resolve your issue?
Rv Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, newbie