Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2022, 11:44 PM   #1

Cedar Creek parts availability

I am considering purchasing a 2020 33IK from an individual. I have a question regarding the ability to order parts directly from Cedar Creek rather than having to go through a dealer. I previously owned a 2013 34RLSA and loved the service I got through Cedar Creek, but I have heard that things have changed the last few years. Can anyone provide feedback on this? Thanks!

2020 Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
2011 Ford F250 Superduty Powerstroke
cbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:49 AM   #2

We recently purchased a 2018 Flagstaff Super Lite that had some fender and aluminum skirt damage. I was able to purchase all the parts directly from Forest River. (Fender, aluminum skirt, edge trim by ft, and caulk).
Old 10-02-2022, 11:26 AM   #3

Well since most items that need service or replacing our second-Tier suppliers you are better off contacting them directly. I have done this with the Fantastic Fan cover, a Dometic air conditioner cover, these were damaged by a hailstorm. I also have contacted the window shade company for new shade brackets. As for replacing LED lights in the trailer I have used the internet.

Any other repair items that are needed for my trailer these has gone to the dealer for repair.

Once you are out of warranty most trailers can be repaired by you or the dealer.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:11 PM   #4

I know usually ForestRiver would not sell to the public but I have the contact for the Forest River Cedar Creek parts representative. She has offered to sell me a new fireplace and the fender skirts for my 33IK.

She has been very helpful and responsive. Here is her contact info…

Amanda Johnson
Forest River, Inc.
Cedar Creek
Parts Representative
260-593-4000 ext. 20208
asjohnson@forestriverinc.com

You probably already know about Orvan in Shipshewana. You are only about 700 miles from him. Might be worth a road trip as he will fix any issues. Won’t be warranty and might be pricey but if I lived closer I would do it.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:31 AM   #5

Cedar Creek parts availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Well since most items that need service or replacing our second-Tier suppliers you are better off contacting them directly. I have done this with the Fantastic Fan cover, a Dometic air conditioner cover, these were damaged by a hailstorm. I also have contacted the window shade company for new shade brackets. As for replacing LED lights in the trailer I have used the internet.

Any other repair items that are needed for my trailer these has gone to the dealer for repair.

Once you are out of warranty most trailers can be repaired by you or the dealer.
Jim34RL is spot on, reach out to the part manufacturer directly and see if they can help. If you have issues with Optronic LED lights, some of them have a lifetime warranty (with conditions). I hade one replaced for free when the RV Repair shop wanted to charge me for parts and labor.

Same thing for easy rise shades, they will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy.

Happy Camping!!
C Us Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:59 AM   #6

Thanks for the helpful info. Makes me feel better about moving forward with buying the used 33IK. I generally do as much of the work on my rig as I can and have a dealer (not a Cedar Creek dealer) nearby who does good work when I can’t handle it myself. Or an did work on my 2013 34RLSA while was still at Cedar Creek, and I was very impressed with his thoroughness. I would probably try to get in to see him on anything major (assuming it was something that could wait on his schedule!) I’m looking forward to getting back into a Cedar Creek after 4 years in a Minilite 2512!

Old 11-18-2022, 07:46 AM   #7

In my 20+ years of RVing it is hard to find any dealer or mobile RV repair service that does good work. Just drove 800 miles one way to Amish Family RV Repaid Orvan did a wonderful job finding some serious issues I had and fixing them. Some issues he fixed no one could fix them but Amish Family RV repair.
Medically Retired Marine Semper fi
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 05:16 PM   #8

Heading to Amish Family RV the end of this month!

Old 03-13-2023, 05:16 AM   #9

C & B Davis - that is the best move you could make....going to see Orvan. We've been there twice and are going this July for some inspection and maintenance.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 11:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I know usually ForestRiver would not sell to the public but I have the contact for the Forest River Cedar Creek parts representative. She has offered to sell me a new fireplace and the fender skirts for my 33IK.

She has been very helpful and responsive. Here is her contact info…

Amanda Johnson
Forest River, Inc.
Cedar Creek
Parts Representative
260-593-4000 ext. 20208
asjohnson@forestriverinc.com

You probably already know about Orvan in Shipshewana. You are only about 700 miles from him. Might be worth a road trip as he will fix any issues. Won’t be warranty and might be pricey but if I lived closer I would do it.
Just got an email from Amanda. She is no longer in the Cedar Creek division. She said to contact Jeff Richardson at jrichardson@forestriverinc.com for Cedar Creek assistance.
TXFolkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:59 AM   #11
Silverback Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXFolkie View Post
Just got an email from Amanda. She is no longer in the Cedar Creek division. She said to contact Jeff Richardson at jrichardson@forestriverinc.com for Cedar Creek assistance.

Great information to have, Thanks for the updated contact information.
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 09:01 AM   #12
jimmer57

Cedar Creek Fender Skirt

I reached out via email to jrichardson email with no reply. We lost the right side fender skirt on our 2017 Champagne. Does anyone know if we can order the replacement skirts directly from Forest River? TIA
Old 05-23-2023, 02:57 PM   #13

Kitchen sink covers

I’m looking for the two kitchen sink covers that match the countertop in my 2017 Cedar Creek Champagne 5th wheel.
Does anyone know who to contact or how to go about purchasing them? I can’t find a number for Forest River to call for replacement parts. If anyone has one I would appreciate getting it or a number for any other replacement parts.
Thank you.

2017 Cedar Creek Champagne ERK38.
PatR69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, parts