Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Parts Delay

We took our 2021 Cedar Creek in for warranty work back in July and are still being told that parts are on order with no estimated delivery date. Is anyone else having these kinds of problems? The dealer is about 2 1/2 hours away so it has been sitting there since then. Luckily we used it a good bit this spring but didn’t schedule anything for the rest of this year because of this repair work needing to be done.
the.wilsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #2

What parts are back-ordered?

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:15 PM   #3

Couchs

I ordered my 345ik in June, I got a VIN number a few months ago and they say it has been built but it can’t be finished as it is missing a few parts and they can’t tell me which parts or when my rig will be finished.
RicnVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #4

One of the electric seats stopped working, baggage door is leaking and main entry door weld broke at the bottom of the door.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:19 AM   #5

We've been waiting one year for the aluminum skirt that wraps around the bottom of the 5th wheel. It was destroyed on the driver side when our two tires exploded on our trip to snowbird in FL last Oct. In Sept. this year it was shipped to the Dealer - but it was one foot short!! We can still drive with it that way, DH has it rigged back on. (doesn't look great, but we can drive) We left to come back to FL in Oct. and told Dealer we'll see you in April - think that's enough time for you to re-order!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 12:25 PM   #6
MCTroy

We are getting 2 motors for our Dometic awning in 2 weeks. We ordered then in early June. These aren't special motors or anything that should be hard to find, but they were!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 07:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicnVic View Post
I ordered my 345ik in June, I got a VIN number a few months ago and they say it has been built but it can’t be finished as it is missing a few parts and they can’t tell me which parts or when my rig will be finished.
Have the dealer you purchased it from call the CC manufacturer rep and have them look into it for you. They can provide you that info.

2021 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS

Victron MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-50 Solar installation
SacRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 09:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.wilsons View Post
One of the electric seats stopped working, baggage door is leaking and main entry door weld broke at the bottom of the door.
So look online for a door and a baggage door. I bet you can find one for sale from an online rv parts source. Then tell the dealer you have a source for the parts and tell them to get them and fix it.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:23 PM   #9

I was in Indiana a few weeks ago. There are hundreds of Cedar Creeks sitting on the lot waiting for parts.

I have pretty much given up on the RV industry acting like a legitimate business.

People have loans on their trailers and they are sitting on the dealer lots waiting for repairs due to parts shortages. This doesn't happen in the auto industry or at least not for months at a time and to this degree.

This will be my last trailer or RV for sure!!!
NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikita View Post
We've been waiting one year for the aluminum skirt that wraps around the bottom of the 5th wheel. It was destroyed on the driver side when our two tires exploded on our trip to snowbird in FL last Oct. In Sept. this year it was shipped to the Dealer - but it was one foot short!! We can still drive with it that way, DH has it rigged back on. (doesn't look great, but we can drive) We left to come back to FL in Oct. and told Dealer we'll see you in April - think that's enough time for you to re-order!!
Measure the length. The skirts are only as long as 13' I think. My slide is longer and it in two pieces. I was actually at the factory to pick it up.

Yours might be the same deal.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicnVic View Post
I would go and get another unit. Cedar Creek is a mess.
Old 04-12-2022, 10:05 PM   #12

We finally got you camper back the first of this month. Had to contact Cedar Creek directly to find an honest answer to why it was taking so long. Long story short, the dealer waited a couple of months to submit the warranty claim and then another month to order parts. And of course one of the ordered parts came in wrong and had to be reordered. So after 8 months it is finally back and we take our first trip of the year real soon.
Old 04-13-2022, 01:47 AM   #13

Quote:
We finally got you camper back the first of this month. Had to contact Cedar Creek directly to find an honest answer to why it was taking so long. Long story short, the dealer waited a couple of months to submit the warranty claim and then another month to order parts. And of course one of the ordered parts came in wrong and had to be reordered. So after 8 months it is finally back and we take our first trip of the year real soon.
Excellent news. We've heard of others who found their dealer didn't order the parts, ordered wrong parts, and left owners with their rigs unable to be used.
Glad you got it fixed and you'll soon be on the road.
Old 04-13-2022, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Wow!
Absolutely inexcusable on the dealer's part. I would take them to court and have the warranty extended to begin the day you got the camper back.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 08:48 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Wow!

Absolutely inexcusable on the dealer's part. I would take them to court and have the warranty extended to begin the day you got the camper back.

X2

Tags
cedar creek, parts