Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #1

Cedar Creek Quality

We bought a CC Champagne so this isn't meant as a whining thread but I'm wondering; having watched various videos that indicate Cedar Creek is a step above most other Forest River models, do you agree?

Just wondering if it's standard sell techniques or if there is something to their claims.
captacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:22 AM   #2

I've been wondering the same. I've researched them heavily for a possible future purchase. I like lots of what they do, such as their wall construction and insulation. Unfortunately, lots of the other components are the same, so you will have the same issues.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
I've been wondering the same. I've researched them heavily for a possible future purchase. I like lots of what they do, such as their wall construction and insulation. Unfortunately, lots of the other components are the same, so you will have the same issues.
Kind of my thoughts too. On our shakedown camping this month, the solidity and quality of the structure seemed good. But the fireplace literally fell out of the drawer it was mounted on. Only little brad nails held it in place when clearly screws and glue should have been used. A few other things like drawers sticking, the outside molding not properly affixed. In the shop now getting fixed.

We did weather a huge NE storm on top of a hill in NH and in spite of 70 mph winds, slept soundly with little noise and no movement. Our neighbors had a Zinger and said they shook all night.
captacoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:47 AM   #4

We owned a 2013 Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel and thought the construction, finish and quality of parts used were definitely a cut above. We then purchased a 2018 Georgetown (FR) motorhome which is their premium gas line and thought the Cedar Creek was definitely a cut above that.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #5

I think overall, all RVs were built better a few years ago. 2008 -2011. Even CC. We have been thinking of trading ours in but everything we look at just doesn't seem to be be built very well. We are keeping our tried and true rig a few more years. Started looking at used ones, but we already have a good one of those
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #6

While it might not be a really fair comparison, we have a 2018 Cedar Creek Cottage which is built on the same assembly line. We have RVed for over 40 years and have pretty much seen it all. Our Cottage has NOT been a disappointment from a quality standpoint. The only component that failed was the dishwasher (someone forgot to install the latch in the door so it would turn on) and that is not Cedar Creek's fault. We are quite pleased with our Cottage and there are a dozen of them in the park where we own a lot in the Georgia mountains.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:24 PM   #7

After visiting the factory and back for repairs and seeing CC in action at the FROG rally, they do everything possible to make the customer happy. This includes doing work that is out of warranty and in some cases providing parts directly to the owner.
Now please let me know if you can find another manufacturer that does this.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #8

Here is some good reading. https://www.turbodieselregister.com/...ew-and-quality
jrk341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #9

We have a 2018 Cedar Creek Champagne and it is a quality fifth wheel. We are not disappointed at all. Only issues are one drawer that sticks I have to look at and one sliding closet door was coming open during travel. I looked at the travel latch and made an adjustment and it seems to be ok now. It is a great unit.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #10

Cedar Creek Quality

This is our 3rd 5th wheel and 7th RV. We have a 2015 38rd and it’s the best RV we have had yet. Very solid and very few issues. The issues we have had are ones most have had like the black tank handle pull. You need to plan on issues these are homes rolling down the bumpy road. I would purchase another CC if I was to get back into the market. We shopped for over a year before purchasing a CC. Quality in my opinion is one of the better in the 5th wheel market.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #11

We have had two Cedar Creeks and we have had a few problems but Cedar Creek has went out of there way to help us. We had problems with the caps fading but Cedar Creek fixed that. Our curtains fell , some twice. But that’s mostly because of bad roads. I want a 38FBD, I like the half a bath downstairs.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:46 PM   #12

I own a 2018 40cck cottage..delivered 2 weeks ago. spent last weekend in it. fix a couple things myself, sliding door and sliding screen both needed adjustments. today, we closed up for the winter. when bringing in the slides the large side (dinette/recliners) would hang up on the top side. the bottom would slide in and the top would get hung up. to the point where the bottom would come in 10 to 12 inches and tilt upward. I retracted them in and out a couple of times with no improvement. so I had my wife push the button and I climbed a ladder and pushed on the top of the slide until I felt it break loose. it then retracted as normal. I went inside and could see the what I'll call the corner roofing tape had been bunched up a little and pushed back a couple inches. I guess it needs an adjustment?. it didn't take much to push it loose and the slide feels very balanced. I'm not worried about it but will have the dealer look at it in the spring..other than that we are very happy with the layout and design of the interior. the exterior is finished nicely. I'm still a proud owner...just my thoughts..joe
runall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #13

We recently moved into our third Cedarcreek. 2005 CC was great - thought we wanted a motorhome so traded it. Back to CC with a 2011 and it was a total disaster - at the factory for major rebuilding 3 times. Now in a 2017 CC Champagne and everything seems great. Very pleased with quality and definitely recommend Cedarcreeks.

Have always wondered, though, if the Cedarcreek and Cardinal are equal cousins or if one is superior.
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #14

I think it is Cardinal, CC, CC Hathaway then Champagne at top. Then there is Riverstone which is their best.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #15

pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by runall8 View Post
I own a 2018 40cck cottage..delivered 2 weeks ago. spent last weekend in it. fix a couple things myself, sliding door and sliding screen both needed adjustments. today, we closed up for the winter. when bringing in the slides the large side (dinette/recliners) would hang up on the top side. the bottom would slide in and the top would get hung up. to the point where the bottom would come in 10 to 12 inches and tilt upward. I retracted them in and out a couple of times with no improvement. so I had my wife push the button and I climbed a ladder and pushed on the top of the slide until I felt it break loose. it then retracted as normal. I went inside and could see the what I'll call the corner roofing tape had been bunched up a little and pushed back a couple inches. I guess it needs an adjustment?. it didn't take much to push it loose and the slide feels very balanced. I'm not worried about it but will have the dealer look at it in the spring..other than that we are very happy with the layout and design of the interior. the exterior is finished nicely. I'm still a proud owner...just my thoughts..joe
i was able to stop by the trailer yesterday and took a couple pictures...this is where i think it was "hanging up"..doesnt look like it will be much to fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171124_124739176.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	157148   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171124_124727697.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	157149   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171124_124747697.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	184.0 KB
ID:	157150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171105_121115665_HDR.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	157151   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171105_121039121_HDR.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	157152  

runall8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #16
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
I think it is Cardinal, CC, CC Hathaway then Champagne at top. Then there is Riverstone which is their best.
The CC has hung wall construction, Cardinal has laminated wall. I would only buy hung wall.

I work in the RV industry and we choose CC to custom built a unit for us and traveled full-time with our kids for 2 years with minuet issues and a coach that didn't show wear which really surprised me. CC is the best coach for the money.

All RVs take work, I laugh when I have hear some people talk about the problems with CC because most all were small things that could be addressed without taking it in.

Being in the industry and seeing all the issues people have and the large repair bills or extensive out of service dates, I would highly recommend a CC.

We have switched to a diesel pusher because our RV style has changed and it is not uncommon to have to drop big money for things and have big problems,

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 03:38 PM   #17

We took delivery of a 2018 Silverback 33IK in May and have used it extensively, a lot of it on rough roads in Colorado and New Mexico. We only had a small issue with door hinge (which CC Warranty helped me take care of) and a leaking gasket on my black tank flush, which was easy to fix. Other than those minor issues, it has performed flawlessly. We love it and would buy another CC tomorrow.
2017 RAM 3500 SRW
Bob_Sback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:19 PM   #18

We've had our CC silverback two years now, we just returned home from a 5200+ mile trek to the Grand Canyon. We had no issues with the coach, save for a few very minor things not worth mentioning. Overall the build quality is solid and the materials are first rate. I'd recommend a Cedar Creek to anyone. God Bless, Ken
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #19

By and large our Cedar Creek Cottage seems to be well built from a coachwork perspective. Sure some little issues but nothing earth shattering or that would cause me to disparage the Cedar Creek line.
I clicked on a link provided earlier in this thread and had to chuckle a bit as most of the issues listed were pretty small - yet someome paid a kings ransom to have resolved.
Forget about the notion that ANY RV is going to be problem free. Most people don’t start threads on Internet forums to tell the world about how happy they are with something - however - people that have problems will. So you can’t rely solely upon Internet information for your statistics..
Thor Vegas 25.5
Randy’s Rod Shop & Fabrication
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #20

Everyone has such positive opinions of the cedar creek. This is reassuring, as I've been having some buyers remorse. My 2018 cedar creek Silverback has had nothing but problems so far. Water heater works intermittently. Kitchen sink drain was not tightened after the p-trap and flooded into the dead space under the bathroom as well as into the storage. Shower floor shape causes water to collect in one corner instead of draining. Stair leveling supports do not align with the pin in many positions. Backsplash behind the stove is made of apparently non-heat-tolerant plastic, and bubbled off the wall during the very first use of the stove. Converter has completely failed and I am using a trickle charger while I wait for the replacement from the factory. Screws in the sliding platform under the bed ripped holes in the bed base during the first operation of the bedroom slide. Heat ducts are full of sawdust which blows around. Auto-leveling system has shown an error most of the times I've attempted to use it, which I must clear several times to get it to operate. Black tank sensor shows 2/3 full all the time. Kitchen slide tilts down even after adjustments from the service department.

That's not everything, just the bigger stuff. It's great that others are having a good experience with this brand but I definitely am not.
jessa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, quality