Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We changed the batwing for the Jack and just about doubled the channels we got while we were in FL. Much smaller unit and it mounts just like the batwing.
RV Jack Digital HDTV Antenna Replacement Head by King Controls White OA8000 | eBay
How difficult was it to install?

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006 View Post
How difficult was it to install?
It takes longer to get it unwrapped than the installation. Just unhook the cable, unpin the batwing, fill the cable end with the paste they furnish, pin the 'jack' on and connect the cable.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #23

Entertainment 101

I think, soon after getting our 36CKTS, we'll be making changes to the entertainment system. From what you're saying, it appears even one of those "master" remotes - the ones that work everything - aren't effective either!
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
They changed to the sound bar and and blue ray, mid production on 2014 the older ones have the Jensen then they switched. I don't like the cheap speakers on the Jensen it is hard to hear when sitting in the slide out since they in the main part.
I found that my rig was delivered to the dealer in May 2013. I found factory notes dates 4/30/13. You mentioned older models have the Jensen, so mine is an older model? If you have the bluray system, do you know when yours was delivered? Also on the outside refrigerator do you have a temp control? Mine doesn't have any way to shut it off. Thanks
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Also on the outside refrigerator do you have a temp control? Mine doesn't have any way to shut it off. Thanks
What model CC do you have with the exterior fridge? Ours is a 38FL - The temp control is on the back left corner of the fridge - I have to open the draw in the kitchen to the left of the microwave, put my hand into the space between the draw and turn it up/down. When I want it off I pull the plug out.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #26

Hi Walter,

We have a 2014 36B4. I didn't feel behind the fridge. My manual said to shut off by turning the temp control in the inside top but nothing is there. I can't reach the plug from the outside door. I did look inside but can't see the wire. I will check tonight and try to reach the rear. Thanks for the info..
Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #27

If yours is the same as in the picture on the Cedar Creek Website for the 36B4 it is the same as ours... The temp control is on the outside of the fridge, back left side at the top (mounted on the rear of the fridge). Maybe you have access to the back of the fridge from under the sink???

Nice layout too - We no longer needed a bunkhouse but really like that layout.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #28

Yep, we saw the automotive grade radio in ours. Utterly ridiculous. We also realized today, we have to figure out how to cover the opening beneath the raised TV. We've got an overly curious - very nosey cat! Cooper may find himself confined if he jumps in that space!
Duramax/Allison
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
Yep, we saw the automotive grade radio in ours. Utterly ridiculous. We also realized today, we have to figure out how to cover the opening beneath the raised TV. We've got an overly curious - very nosey cat! Cooper may find himself confined if he jumps in that space!
That would be good place for that cat of yours....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #30
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjerram View Post
A piece of cardboard and duct tape should fix that little problem.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #31
Just Creeking Around

Our 2012 36RE has the Jensen TV and the 5,1 sound system We also have Direct TV and the Direct TV remote controls it all. Guess we are just lucky.

Currently sitting at the Valliecto Resort, Bayfield, Co. Loving it.

Jerry and Carol
Pahrump, Nevada
2014 38CK-Auto Levelers
2012 F350 Super Duty Crew, Air Bags, Pull-Rite Superglide, Splendee Combo.
F R O G, GS
Jerry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post
We have a DISH 20.1 IR Remote...

1. Place both the dish and tv remote on a flat surface. The top of the TV remote must point at the left side of the Dish remote (there is a small window there). Must be no more than 3" apart.

2. Press and hold the mode button (TV) until all mode lights lite up.

3. Press and hold the record button until the TV button is lit up.

4. Press and release on the dish remote that you want to learn (example: power)

5. Press the same button on the TV remote.

(The little TV power button is not programmable - it works with the TV mode button and the normal power button)

I have setup the power, volume, and source buttons so far with success.
Sooo. All we have to do is these 5 steps in sequence and we will have our dish remote controlling our Jensen TV?
SWEET!! I'll give it a try tomorrow. Steve A. Dagro
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #33

Panisonic BLU-RAY Player missing

Cedar Creek said they would sell me the BLU-RAY Player at dealer cost - $215.00, the same one Amazon has for $88.00. Wow - this is my second Forest River 5th wheel and was amazed at the customer relationship that Cedar Creek is building. Jeff Holmes is the customer relations contact and was very courteous. I have no issues with him.

Jeff Holmes,
As per our conversation, my wife and I purchased a 2014 36CKTS from Quality RV on Oct 11, 2013. We did not know the information we were looking at when deciding on the purchase was based on a 2013 brochure. When we got home and opened our packet, a brochure regarding the BMP=BD89 Panasonic Blu-Ray Disc Player was enclosed. When I checked our unit, the player was missing. I called Quality RV and spoke with Chad and he said he had checked the player by playing a DVD though it and it was fine. I asked him if they left the unit unlocked on their lot after he had checked it and maybe it had been stolen. He didn't think so and referred me to Jean. She said the disk was not on the information check list and if it wasn't, then we didn't get one.

I asked her how it could be taken off if it was part of the Explorer package the unit shipped with. She said she didn't think it could but it wasn't on the list and she referred me to Jim Noble, the salesman. It was then through him that I learned I had been basing my information on a 2013 brochure and the BD had been eliminated from the 2014 model. When I then inquired about a 2014 brochure, I was told they had not been produced yet. So it looks like the 2014 year model was being offered for sale but unless a buyer was specifically told of any changes from the previous year, he would have almost no way of knowing about a specific change. The DVD player Chad had checked was the Jensen.

When I opened my packet when we got home and found the BD brochure, it never entered my thinking that it would not be in the unit, and when it wasn't I immediately thought it had been stolen while still on Quality RV's lot.

Hopefully you can see that all my efforts concerning this was of good faith, and surely you can see that Cedar Creek, while not trying to mislead, certainly failed to make the information available for any reasonable person to determine before a purchase that the change had been made. We have no doubt we were getting a BD and we left our Sony DID player in the Cardinal when we traded.

This is our second Forest River 5th wheel and we loved our Cardinal 29TS, and we are going to love our 36CKTS. I am fully aware the information sheet does not list the BD as part of the equipment the unit shipped with, but at the same time, Cedar Creek more or less implied the BD was in the unit based on the Explorer Package listed in the only brochure available to us, and plus the fact the Panasonic BD brochure was included in the warranty and information packet.

I trust Cedar Creek will supply us with a BD as the mistake lies not with us, but with Cedar Creek for not making the information available at the time their new year model was put on the market and for placing a Panasonic DMP-BD90 brochure in the information packet package leading us to believe we were in fact getting on in the unit.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,
Sincerely,
Ken Robinson
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panasonic BD Page 1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	41576

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panasonic BD Page 2.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	41577
Robink47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #34

Amen! P- poor entertainment system. The radio is a joke. The one in our TV is far better!
Duramax/Allison
Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL Creeker View Post
Amen! P- poor entertainment system. The radio is a joke. The one in our TV is far better!
The radio is probably fine. The antenna it's connected to is not. I have posted instructions on FRF several times about how to tie your radio to your rooftop antenna for good reception.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #36

Please tell us where to find that info. Thank you!
Duramax/Allison
Old 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #37

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post381983
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #38

Panasonic DMP89-BD Discontinued In 2014 Year Models

After being informed by Cedar Creek/Forest River that I did not get a Panasonic DMP89-BD in my 2014 36CKTS because that item was discontinued after the 2013 year model. Even though they had included the brochure and all I had to go on was the current Cedar Creek 5th Wheel brochure, I was not entitled to having the BD furnished. To night I went looking around the country at various dealers and with in minutes found two dealers advertising the same BD as an included feature in their 2014 year models. Hillmerson RV and Marine in Minnesota listed the option on their ad, Country Campers in Vermont actually had a picture of the BD in their ad.

I would suggest to potential buyers to be sure of what they are getting before hand rather than after the deal is made. I have asked Cedar Creek if this is misrepresentation on their part, the dealer's part, or both. Now that they are "quote" aware to the problem, it should now lie with them as well. I sent Cedar Creek pictures of the ads and am waiting to hear back from them. I also sent them a picture of the Panasonic DMP89-BD that Amazone has for 79.99 that Cedar Creek offered to me at dealer cost of $215.00. I'm sure shipping would be on me as well.

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Robink47 is offline   Reply With Quote