Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #1

Ch...ch...ch....chaannggessss

New stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2019 HATHAWAY-COTTAGE CHANGES STARTING 7.10.18.pdf (5.09 MB, 370 views)

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #2

Thanks for posting this. I like keeping up with the changes.

I will have to read more about the In-Command Control System. I don't know what it controls.

My first thought on the forward exterior storage compartment having two smaller doors instead on one larger door, is it will be harder to get to stuff in the middle without moving other stuff out of the way.
racer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
New stuff.
WOW! Really glad I have what I have. Lots of interior changes I don't like and then it has a flat rear cap instead of the nice molded cap. Just another cheap looking rv.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:35 PM   #4

Hey hey. Easy. You calling your good looking younger brother “Silverback” cheap?
narrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #5

I wonder if there has been a change in management at Cedar Creek? It looks to me there have been some cost cutting measures that give the Cedar Creek line a cheaper look.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:44 PM   #6

I dunno. Every few years, Chevy changes styles. I hate it. Then it grows on me. Then I buy one.

Everything is getting cheaper looking.

I have what I have, forever, unless it burns up or is in a wreck. Short of that, not buying another trailer. Put too much into this one, and I love it. I honestly don't care what the new ones look like. If you are interested in a new one, I can see where it matters. But it doesn't to me. They could make them bright purple and round, I wouldn't mind. Mine is great. I wish someone would paint it Razorback and Cardinal Red, but hey...............

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

As previously stated in another thread, my 2019 Hathaway 34RL2 has a rear cap. We took delivery on 6/5.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
As previously stated in another thread, my 2019 Hathaway 34RL2 has a rear cap. We took delivery on 6/5.
Half way through the model year they change things. In 2015 the Hathaway's came out with round tail lights and dark wood. Half way through they put LED strips for taillights and Beachwood for the wood.
We took the Cardinal tour while there for frog. The luxury really looks cheap.
97flhtcui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #9

What??? It's starting to look like a Grey Wolf

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We were looking very seriously at the Cedar Creek Hathaway, NOW i DON'T KNOW. No raised panel doors on the interior, dark wood grooved doors, flat ceiling, new furniture with no dark color selection, almost white counter tops and now a flat rear cap and Best buy appliance... really? Does it look like just another cookie cutter 5th wheel ? At the very least it looks like a Solitude interior.

Yes some positives include more counter space and a window behind the stove, a fabric selection in the furniture, more head room in the taller slides and I'm sure I'm missing some.

I think still better built than most.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:57 AM   #11

Where are y'all seeing all this? The CC Website at FR still shows old models mostly. The 34IK is there, but I don't see the 38ERK or 38DBRK or whatever it's called. In fact, this is the ONLY place I have seen it, and the only place that has given me the specs on it:
https://www.couchsrvnation.com/fores...-creek/38dbrk2

I do see some stuff on Facebook, but I don't peruse that much except for one site. I do see some positives........101" wide is better, and a flat roof is what every high end trailer has now, way more room for cabinets in slides, etc.....2nd a/c is 15k...refrigerator actually has a real place to get it fixed without a dealer involvement, and it's a full 20 cu feet......Don't like the no-rear-cap but they've spent a billion dollars replacing all the ones that faded......not sure about the rest........haven't seen a brochure or pictures. I guess I'm behind the times, y'all apparently have seen 'em.

As for what truck will pull whatever trailer......I don't get it. If DW wants to pick a trailer, I get to pick the truck that will pull it. She can't pick both. And I won't pull a big trailer with a little truck, and I don't want a little trailer. So..........

I learned two campers ago to NOT buy a trailer based on floorplan alone! BIG mistake. Buy one that is put together best and has best service after sale from manufacturer (not dealer, I am just at a dealer one day per trailer!). CC has stood by me more than any other manufacturer in the world ever would have. You'd be floored if I told you how much they've spent on this trailer (now fixed) to make it right. That's a bit hard to walk away from.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-21-2018, 10:00 AM   #12
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Looks better with the flatter roof. Still can not figure why not putting a window in the door. Dumb. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-38
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:02 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Where are y'all seeing all this? The CC Website at FR still shows old models mostly. The 34IK is there, but I don't see the 38ERK or 38DBRK or whatever it's called. In fact, this is the ONLY place I have seen it, and the only place that has given me the specs on it:
https://www.couchsrvnation.com/fores...-creek/38dbrk2

I do see some stuff on Facebook, but I don't peruse that much except for one site. I do see some positives........101" wide is better, and a flat roof is what every high end trailer has now, way more room for cabinets in slides, etc.....2nd a/c is 15k...refrigerator actually has a real place to get it fixed without a dealer involvement, and it's a full 20 cu feet......Don't like the no-rear-cap but they've spent a billion dollars replacing all the ones that faded......not sure about the rest........haven't seen a brochure or pictures. I guess I'm behind the times, y'all apparently have seen 'em.

As for what truck will pull whatever trailer......I don't get it. If DW wants to pick a trailer, I get to pick the truck that will pull it. She can't pick both. And I won't pull a big trailer with a little truck, and I don't want a little trailer. So..........

I learned two campers ago to NOT buy a trailer based on floorplan alone! BIG mistake. Buy one that is put together best and has best service after sale from manufacturer (not dealer, I am just at a dealer one day per trailer!). CC has stood by me more than any other manufacturer in the world ever would have. You'd be floored if I told you how much they've spent on this trailer (now fixed) to make it right. That's a bit hard to walk away from.

Fyi from post # 1 2019 HATHAWAY-COTTAGE CHANGES STARTING 7.10.18.pdf
Old 08-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #14

Yes, I got that one from a dealer too. But I don't see anything about change to end caps, or other stuff mentioned here. Maybe I missed it.

And it seems some stuff is an upgrade. Not that I care, I'm not buying a new one. But my other comments seem apropos.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-22-2018, 10:34 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Yes, I got that one from a dealer too. But I don't see anything about change to end caps, or other stuff mentioned here. Maybe I missed it.

And it seems some stuff is an upgrade. Not that I care, I'm not buying a new one. But my other comments seem apropos.

Rear cap been eliminated.Confirmed with the factory yesterday.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:20 PM   #16

Quote:

Bill did you get your slides fixed?
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Bill did you get your slides fixed?
Yes. Best I can tell, yes. They replaced the pump per Lippert suggestion, and that didn't fix it. I felt like it wouldn't.

Then they replaced the ram under the first slide that wouldn't come in. That didn't fix it. This is 2nd ram for that slide in last year.

Then they replaced the 2nd ram under the refrig slide, the one that has never been changed out. Turns out it was bad, and replacing it fixed the issue. It was bypassing fluid because of that ram. Another great Lippert component.

FROG AR-0019-242