Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2017, 09:45 PM   #21

Beautiful RV! Congratulations! Enjoy!
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:51 PM   #22

That is nuts. In my walk through they told me that the Jack would stroke out and stop, then I would have to retract it add cribing and then start auto level again.
How far out of level was it. I was in a campground last fall That the front jacks where practically all the way retracted and the rear where almost totally extended.
Was in Destin FL on Easter Sunday and went to unhook and no power to the jacks and slideouts. Spent 2 hours looking on here and other places, could not get it to work. Luckly had ac and water to rig. Could get to bathroom and bed. In morning called dealer and tech told me there where 2 tiny breakers on the side of the distribution bar, reset them and it all worked. They all worked 9 hours early when I hooked up. Still have not figured out what tripped them.
Will Lippert cover it, it was there jacks that malfunctioned. Worth calling them.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:56 PM   #23

Back to your breakers. Dealer exchanged my breaker for 100 amp fuse. Said they figured out pump draws more than factory breaker. I think system has flaws when knowing what to do when one jack tops out.
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #24

Champagne 38EL Has Arrived!

Well, rough first day... accidentally hooked up water hose to black water flush inlet instead of city water inlet, went to go get a load from storage, came back to a flooded rig, water poring out of it. Fun....
Gr8Dane777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
777, Just a week before we left for our cross country trip we took our 38EL into CW in Charlotte for slide adjustments. I backed it into the parking slot just outside the repair bay. Mind you this is asphalt parking. The downhill grade is only slight. I have parked in my RV parks with much worse grades. I slightly jacked the front jacks enough to unhook. The site is level side to side. I pressed the auto level and watched my side jacks come down. I walked to the other side and saw far side jacks come down. Next the front jacks moved up slightly. All of a sudden the farside middle jack took off and lifted the center and the front of coach Violently went one way and rear of coach went the other. This movement bent the jack housing on one side of the rear and slightly bent the jack rod on the front. I left it just like that so the shop man manager could see it. I was later told FR would not pay for damage because I mis used the jack system and allowed jacks to over extended. wth. Attachment 139680

What??!!?? That's terrible!!
Old 06-01-2017, 04:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
777, Just a week before we left for our cross country trip we took our 38EL into CW in Charlotte for slide adjustments. I backed it into the parking slot just outside the repair bay. Mind you this is asphalt parking. The downhill grade is only slight. I have parked in my RV parks with much worse grades. I slightly jacked the front jacks enough to unhook. The site is level side to side. I pressed the auto level and watched my side jacks come down. I walked to the other side and saw far side jacks come down. Next the front jacks moved up slightly. All of a sudden the farside middle jack took off and lifted the center and the front of coach Violently went one way and rear of coach went the other. This movement bent the jack housing on one side of the rear and slightly bent the jack rod on the front. I left it just like that so the shop man manager could see it. I was later told FR would not pay for damage because I mis used the jack system and allowed jacks to over extended. wth. Attachment 139680
I guess I am butting in. But I'm in midst of weird slide issues and the factory is involved.

I can only surmise from what I'm reading, but I would ask if you have talked to anyone at Cedar Creek warranty, or is "I was later told they wouldn't pay" strictly coming only from the Dealer? I wouldn't pay 2 seconds of attention to what any Dealer says, good or not, when they say the manufacturer won't pay for X or Y. I'd hear that from the Factory directly before I believed it. If you did exactly what you said and all you did is hit Auto Level, that is a warranty issue.

When I say Factory, I would start with Cedar Creek, but I would also call Lippert directly also. If you need the numbers for either, PM me.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #27

Just curious...What tow vehicle do you have?
TV=1997 F250 Powerstroke
manual tranny/commercial 19.5 tires / Rickson Wheels
Edge CTS Tuner/K&N Cold Air/4 inch exhaust
patrickwstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 AM   #28

777. That sucks man. At least is has not been use yet and have black water back.

Cummins. Could you pm me a pic of the fuse change out. Sounds like something I might do myself.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
Old 06-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #29

Cumminz - What slide adjustment was needed? Our main slides have a noticable gap when closed on the leading edge. Was going to try to adjust myself. Can you elaborate?
karpcbk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:49 AM   #30

Consider a camco circuit analyzer for your electric hook up
Rick42nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwstewart View Post
Just curious...What tow vehicle do you have?
I have a 07.5 RAM dually. Look at www.cumminz.com
Old 06-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpcbk15 View Post
Cumminz - What slide adjustment was needed? Our main slides have a noticable gap when closed on the leading edge. Was going to try to adjust myself. Can you elaborate?
The kitchen table side slide next to door lacked 1" at bottom closing. It made middle of slide to ride on the track and would make squicky noice when stepped on. The kitchen slide while out when wind is blowing makes a very loud grinding noise all along the top. The slide topper while flopping in the wind moves the outer wall and rubs slide.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dane777 View Post
Well, rough first day... accidentally hooked up water hose to black water flush inlet instead of city water inlet, went to go get a load from storage, came back to a flooded rig, water poring out of it. Fun....
Oh wow, just be glad the black tank was new and not full of "stuff" =P
(I hope it was, anyway!)

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #34

Ok, follow up question (sorry to keep changing subjects on this thread...) How the heck do I get the water water to work?? Power is on, gas in on??? Help!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7364.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	139718Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7365.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	139719
Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #35

I would gather as much technical info and recommended tools on how to fix things in your new rv.
Sadly, you are going to need them.

I'll wager it will take a few months to a year to get all the bugs worked out and complete the job the factory should have done for you.

If not...and I hope not....you are one o f the very exclusive lucky ones.
Absolutely take full advantage of your one year warranty.
After that, the repairs are on you.

Sadly I know NO ONE, no matter the brand name, who hasn't cursed the sloppy way most are built nowdays.

Just realty....all of us go through it.

U tube really helps and so do a lot of how-to forums.

Best of luck.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just get you ready.
evil irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #36

On your hot water heater issue, on our River Stone with the same type h/w heater there is a switch on the control panel where your gauges and slide controls are that needs turned on and also the switch on your control panel in the bathroom you showed a photo of. Gas on and both switches turned to on, turn just the hot water on temp display should show the water temp and a small flame icon should display in lower center. Hope this helps
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 AM   #37

I turn off 50 amp if it is not, plug in my PI EMS 50, turn breaker back on and if all is good plug in my cord. Then I leave I shut off everything in camper then I turn off breaker at post and then remove my cord and PI EMS 50.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #38

Thanks. Our kitchen slide makes a creaking noise when windy. I thought it was the weather-shield making noise when moving in the wind. Was going to spray silicone spray before next time out.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #39

Make sure the valves are lined up cold in and hot out of the tank. Bypass closed. During demo, they had the water heater open, but also bypass.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:37 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
On your hot water heater issue, on our River Stone with the same type h/w heater there is a switch on the control panel where your gauges and slide controls are that needs turned on and also the switch on your control panel in the bathroom you showed a photo of. Gas on and both switches turned to on, turn just the hot water on temp display should show the water temp and a small flame icon should display in lower center. Hope this helps [emoji106]
You might also check and make sure the water heater bypass is not closed. FR is notorious for delivering this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick42nc View Post
Consider a camco circuit analyzer for your electric hook up
Rick42nc is offline   Reply With Quote