Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBreeze View Post
For what it's worth I have watched those Big Truck\Big RV videos. I guess good for that guy that he makes money on his video but he actually provides no real value that I can see in any of his videos. Plainly speaking I don't see he has any talent, just a mouth. I find sites like this orders of magnitude more valuable.

He not only makes money on all those videos, but he has tons of companies giving him thousands of dollars worth of free products to evaluate and plug on his YouTube channel. Some of what he has done on his RV he foots the bill for but most of it costs him nothing but featuring the products in his videos.

All the stuff four Lippert techs recently installed on his RV, including the OneTouch panel, plus all the install services cost him ZERO! They installed a Lippert awning sun shade, Tire Linc TPMS, and a plumbing winterization upgrade, along with the OneControl equipment and all the wiring for it.

Some of the past content of his videos featured some good information, but lately there's been a lot on all these crazy expensive upgrades to his RV that most of us simply cannot afford and is really out of touch with reality for the majority of RV'ers. He had a recent solar package with panels that filled his roof with two huge lithium batteries and an insanely huge solar converter/inverter that I believe in total would cost you or me $10 to $12K. I think all the equipment was given to him to evaluate and he just needed to pay for the installation of it all.

But, yeah, the more I've been watching him, he never shuts up and what he does have to say on a topic he's covering has become increasingly non-informative at all.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #22

Someone has done it. Or close.

Here you go. Everything you wanted to know but was afraid to ask.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rol-60764.html
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S.ArmyVeteran View Post
Here you go. Everything you wanted to know but was afraid to ask.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rol-60764.html

Very good information! Thank you for sharing this!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find in all the posts an explanation of how to integrate manual switches with the Unity X1 controller and OneControl version 3.0 which is what I believe is the most current one being used.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:24 AM   #24

I found this manual:

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001995.pdf

Based on a cursory examination. There is a 318751 Lighting Control Module. With 9 inputs. I think this module interfaces with the 801171 to operate lights from switches.
And then there are other modules like slides and level control.

Have fun!
Old 08-12-2021, 12:36 AM   #25

My primary reason for wanting to add a touch panel was to make it easy for the "War Department". I have been focusing on wanting to add a touch panel to my existing system of manual switches and Android app to make it easier for her to reach.

In my haste . I did not go for the easy obvious solution.........LOL

Just add a cheap Android Tablet with the LCI One Control App and mount it anywhere I want.

Duh LOL

My project is finished.

Good Luck all.

Tags
switch