Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 05:58 PM   #41

I get it 95. It is ok to speak out with praise but not bad experiences? How else will future buyers hear both sides?
Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminz View Post
You are making a big mistake choosing any Forest River product. You will hear suggest stories from a few. The folks at CC do not care.
What other brands have you purchased and why do you like those brands more? I don't know what your RV issues are, but have you tried to make an appointment for repairs at the factory? CC understands that some dealers are hard to work with and they try very hard to pick up their slack; I'm not aware of any other brand that goes to this extend for customer satisfaction.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:02 PM   #43
PhD, Common Sense

No. You don't get it. You are not simply relating a bad experience. You no longer want anything to do with Forest River and are only continuing to post out of juvenile spite.

I can't stop you. I can only ask you to grow up.

So I am done with you.

Buh bye.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #44

95 you make it sound like you wetting the bed one time. We paid $95,000 for an RV. We have been able to use it 120 days since January 2017. We spent time in 22 rv parks in that 120 days with bad jacks and slides and CC has given us the run around. And yes the factory refused to take it in
Old 09-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #45

When you deal with Camping World you should know where a dealer is that will fix your camper. I had to have something fixed on my Creek. I took camper to Camping World in Fayetteville NC and they ordered the parts, showed me where I could park the camper at, I said no I'll take the camper home call me when the parts come in. Parts came in and I took camper back, they fixed two things but the main thing I wanted fixed Cedar Creek sent the wrong part. Took camper home, part came in took camper back it was the wrong part. I took pictures and emailed Cedar Creek. Later the parts came in I took camper back, right parts that time. I had a lot of trouble with the Wildcat (Polecat) that I ordered from the factory. I think after to many problems with the camper of your dreams it gets to be one problem feeding another problem. Pretty soon the camper gets to be one big problem. Maybe you should find some other dealer to work on your camper. I know you have a problem and I am pretty sure you may not be able to get your camper in but while you were in Goshen just down the road was Amish RV. No better place to get your Creek worked on or at least told who could fix it
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #46

Yes I know about Amish RV. I now have an appointment with them in 2 months. When I found out this week that Topeka could not get my parts to Charlotte I instructed CW to call CC to get parts to Amish RV. IMAGINE THIS: The factory of the largest rv manufacturer in the world can not ship factory installed parts in a reasonable time. Remember that the next time you leave on a trip of a lifetime.
Old 09-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #47

I have had two Cedar Creek campers and the first one I needed a part to fix something on camper that I had messed up. Dealer wanted to charge me over five hundred bucks for the part including shipping. I called parts at Cedar Creek and they shipped the part to my house at less than half that. Sometimes Cedar Creek may not have the parts you want and they have to order them from the parts manufacturer. I don't know how many people they have in the parts department but there is more people ordering parts. Anyway Amish RV is the best, is Cedar Creek paying Amish RV to fix your camper? I am planning on another trip to Alaska next year and when I get back I may look to trade for a Cedar Creek 38FBD. Or I may keep what I have
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:06 PM   #48
Site Team

Cumminz, what can the site team or the membership here do to solve your problems with the Forest River factory?

The answer is going to be nothing, because there is nothing we can do to solve this. This is also why we have certain guidelines, which can be found at this link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ork&page=rules

The main thing is venting and vent threads. As you should already have noticed, this is doing nothing but upsetting the members here, who can do absolutely nothing to help you, that they haven't already done. They can pass on contact numbers, but that's it. You need to realize this, and understand what you are doing, which is a violation of our guidelines. Your frustration and argument is with Forest River, not our independent DIY forum. You are taking it out on the people who want to help if they could, but are not in a position to help on this matter.

As per our guidelines:

Customer Disputes: This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to solely vent frustrations about services, products, vendors, or sales. Please settle your differences with the seller, provider, manufacturer, or dealer through other means but not through our community.

Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.

Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.

----------------------------------

It's time to let this one go. If you decide you have a problem that the members here will be able to actually solve, then feel free to ask. If not, then settle your differences with Forest River Inc, and not thru our community.

Any more postings that violate the above guidelines will have to be deleted.

Sorry, we could not be of any more help...and truly hope FR does step up and makes you a happy customer.

P.S> As a reminder that our forums is an independent company, we have this disclaimer at the bottom of all pages on the full version of our web site:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	disclaimer.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	150913  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #49

Plasma800, simply put I will never own a Forest River product again.

If you are interested in my dilemma please search. Simply put FR took the low road almost immediately when I had an issue.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #50

Possibly the good results I have had in dealing with the manufacturer is that I stopped going through a Dealer at all and dealt solely with the manufacturer to solve my problems. I have come to believe almost all dealers, especially most Camping Worlds, are a middle part of a process that just muddles things up. By "Dealer" I mean Selling Dealer........not repair shops.

Some of my minor issues were done expeditously. Often I did not get responses to my calls and/or emails on time, however......and other times I did.

My biggest problem took 366 days to ultimately solve, through several dealer attempts. But it got solved finally at a Repair Shop, at no cost to me. And the problem was not the manufacturer but the builder of the component (Lippert), who has a monopoly for ALL RV brands. The manufacturer involved them thinking they would be best source to fix THEIR component. Not so, they made it worse.

It took an independent, and highly qualified, experienced, Repair Shop to fix things, but I was sent there at the direction of CC.

If the goal is fixing the trailer's problems, I suggest eliminating the Dealer. If the goal is to force the selling Dealer to make things right at no cost, I wish you the best of luck.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #51

cedarcreekrvowner

does anyone out there have any contact info for club members it seems there is a problem with there web sight
bgrdedf17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #52

The website is down for updates and repair. I had a message from one of the administrators and they said keep checking back each day and they will have the forum back up and running as soon as all updates are finished. They had some issues come up during the update process thatt caused some glitches they need to repair.
ionasilverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #53

Thanks for the info
bgrdedf17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek