Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #1

Contacting CC service

I have a couple of contact names from the CC website. Neither of them have returned my calls. I'm sure they are quite busy and that there may be others, whose names are not so public, that could help us with some questions about obtaining wtty service on our 34IK.
Any help would, of course, be appreciated.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
Commercial Member

tcrossan,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in communication. I would like to put you in contact with Nick Schrock. Please reach out to him through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...82777193001015.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:14 PM   #3

Thank you for your response and involvement. I will contact Nick as soon as we reach our next stopping point.

TCROSSAN
Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 PM   #4

I sent a pretty long email to Nick but when I hit send I got a screen that said page not found. I'm concerned that he received the email.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
tcrossan,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in communication. I would like to put you in contact with Nick Schrock. Please reach out to him through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...82777193001015.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
You might want to make a note of my post in the electrical forum, titled "I could have been electrocuted".

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:30 PM   #6

Why can't they just give you a real email address instead of hiding behind a web page. If they need certain information they should just say what they need when sending an email. The web page is just dumping all the messages into a database that they'll check when they get around to it. You can bet your life his real email address is checked continuously so he can be sure he still has a job.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 05:36 PM   #7

Well, we're past the 24hr time frame by 24hrs. Good news is no one's life is in danger and I'm not out any money yet. So, all is good.
I am waiting patiently for that email/call back directing me on the next steps. I purchased our new CC because of the grat comments about FR's service so I know things will get resolved favorably.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
Well, we're past the 24hr time frame by 24hrs. Good news is no one's life is in danger and I'm not out any money yet. So, all is good.
I am waiting patiently for that email/call back directing me on the next steps. I purchased our new CC because of the grat comments about FR's service so I know things will get resolved favorably.
Resolved favorably yet? The only time I had to contact FR on previous 5er didn't involve email, I was given a direct phone number to a guy that knew everything and told me exactly what they were going to do and they did it.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #9

Just curious here....what issue do you have that your dealer could not resolve?

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:59 AM   #10

I did get a response from FR to my questions. Apparently both of the contacts I was trying to reach were out on vacation and both replied I upon their return. My question was really pertaining to service from my local FR (not Cedar Creek) dealer who was a bit squeamish about getting reimbursement for their work on some repairs/troubleshooting I need. FR had no problems with me going to a FR dealer who was not the selling dealer. So, all in all, not a big deal but the Clearwater dealer just wanted assurance. I will not take it to the Sefner,FL dealer as their wait times are months by their own admission.
The issues are: A/C short cycling, toilet flush valve leaking, refrigerator buzzing, cooktop burner won't stay lit and gray tanks being slow to empty. Overall minor issues but Clearwater is much easier to get to than Sefner and they'll work on it much sooner.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #11

On the new Furrion gas cooktop stove the starting procedure requires you to continue holding the burner control knob down for an additional 3 seconds after the flame ignites. We had the same issue, hope this helps.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #12

We do that and two of the 3 burners work ok as long as you can live with HIGH and medium only. There is no adjustment. Only full on or half on. The middle burner only lights half way around then dies. Will relight sometimes but normally it doesn't.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:10 PM   #13

Quote:
We do that and two of the 3 burners work ok as long as you can live with HIGH and medium only. There is no adjustment. Only full on or half on. The middle burner only lights half way around then dies. Will relight sometimes but normally it doesn't.

This is strange we've not had any issues with our Furrion cook top. I would contact Furrion and see what they say.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:20 PM   #14

The middles burner will be repaired by the dealer. As for the non-adjustable burners issue, that information came directly from Furrion. The burners only have 2 position valves "high and medium", not adjustable with the control knob or with a 'trim" screw on the valve.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:27 AM   #15

Quote:
The middles burner will be repaired by the dealer. As for the non-adjustable burners issue, that information came directly from Furrion. The burners only have 2 position valves "high and medium", not adjustable with the control knob or with a 'trim" screw on the valve.

Well good info, if the DW decides she doesn't like the Furrion cooktop out in the parking lot it goes. Won't be the first modification I've done and I fear it won't be the last.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:46 AM   #16

I have already begun searching for a replacement for the cooktop. There are a few that may require no to minimal countertop modification. The oven is greatly improved with the purchase and use of a"baking stone".
Old 07-26-2019, 06:26 AM   #17

Found this thread to be quite useful especially the part where FR was fine with warranty work for someone other than the selling dealer.

We bought our 37MBH just 2 weeks ago from a dealer 4 hours away from us (8 hour round trip). In our first camping trip last weekend, we found several warranty items including:
1) Slide with fridge/range/entertainment system hits the floor when being pulled in and it has damaged (ripped) the Congoleum floor. That may be a big repair as the flooring is a solid piece.
2) Slides not full extending (crooked when deployed)
3) Hot water tank electric is on all the time regardless of the In-Command setting
4) Fixtures not on correctly
5) Door doesn't close correctly - - as if it was warped
6) Missing WiFi extender
7) Microwave is literally 1/2" lower on one side. There is a gap of 1/2" on one end between the microwave and the cabinet

I called Camping World in our area who said they would do the warranty work. They advised, though, to camp a few more times to find all the issues and bring it in one time for repair ---- which I thought was a good idea since none of the issues are show stoppers.
jd4010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #18

Our slide come in at an angle too but do not appear that they are contacting the floor. At least no damage yet! Your hot water tank must be like ours in that it has no connection to the InCommand panel. It is on or off based on the position of the breaker or the outside switch on the heater itself.
Our door was also warped. Selling dealer said that's the way they are. Nothing to repair.
I was never able to get the WiFi extender to work. Had it all programmed but then it quit responding to the pings from my phone to further the setup. Not worth the aggravation. Unplugged and stored for a time when I need to be aggravated.
Praying for best result possible on your service request.
Old 07-27-2019, 08:00 AM   #19

Contacting CC service

The floor along the tv refrig slide needs routed out. All of you need to get slide slickers. The slickers keep the slides off the Congoleum. They just relieve edge off the floor w the router.

Watch the weights on the slides side to side. That caused one of my edges to hit the floor on the main slide. I probably need to ask Orvan to rout it out also.

My WiFi extender works but I don’t know how helpful it might be yet. Make sure you password protect it. Someone was on mine at a campground. I think it was some kids near me.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #20

If your door is warped insist on it being replaced.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service