Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I wrestled with these less than two weeks ago, they are offered as an option of the Rockwood Roos which I found amusing. It was @ $600+ option for 3 small windows that were going in an R-7 wall in a trailer with tent openings on the end that are about 48SF of R-0. The only thing I could think in that case as a benefit was less condensation on the glass in the morning, as putting thermopane in an R7 wall makes no sense for heat retention.

Isn't the sidewall in a Cedar Creek only around an R-9? It just strikes my curiosity that people swear by them that much. How much is the option on something with the amount of windows in a 30+ footer?

I agree. I didn't see the benefit of ordering them with a hybrid either. they would probably be good for a TT or fiver, especially if camping in cool weather or the heat of the deep south.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:01 AM   #22

We had dual pane windows in our Class A, Allegro Bus. AND they were a pain to say the least. Seems dual pane windows don't particularly like bouncing down the road and the seal lets go and guess what?---Foggy windows. I can't begin to tell you the number of coaches at Red Bay (Tiffin factory service facility) every time we went there for our yearly "fix it" stop on our way south for the winter. Yes, they do work when the seal in in tack, however, the cost to replace and inconvenience of having them replaced or looking out foggy windows was definitely not worth it! We've owned 12 different RV's over the 30 years of camping, only the Bus had dual pane windows, and unless they get this issue under control I'm not interested in having them ever again!!!!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:19 PM   #23

Yes To me the wall, Roof and Floor give my Cedar Creek 33IK a cozy feel that is relaxing and feel like home. Thanks to the input....PapaJames
PaPaJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #24

I will be buying a small de humidifier for winter trips where heat meets cold=humidity. I never had dual pane in 8 years. No comment since no experience.
I can say we are comfortable in our Silverback 33RL regardless of weather and noise thus far ( 2 years ) a non event!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:42 PM   #25

I don't have dual panes and have been very pleased with the sound being very low. Had the choice when ordering and passed on ordering. Too many friends with dual panes that have fogged up.
ttanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #26
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
We have them and would definatly get them again.
X2
Anything to help with keeping the heat out.
Ours are frameless and labeled "insulated" on them. I dont know how or if they are actually a dual pane, but they are insulated somehow i guess. They are pretty thick though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1446168971262.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	93254  
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
X2
Anything to help with keeping the heat out.
Ours are frameless and labeled "insulated" on them. I dont know how or if they are actually a dual pane, but they are insulated somehow i guess. They are pretty thick though.
They are dual pane have same just wonder if these also leak between the two glass ??.....light up a match in front of window you will see 2 flames if they are double pane
Old 10-30-2015, 02:17 PM   #28

I wonder which type are better if at all. Flush style or standard frame style windows.
goduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #29

Keep this in mind on about any forum ... people most always bitch about a failure ... seldom do they post how well a given item is. So we have 50 people proclaiming how often theirs and friends dual panes lost their seal ... what about the 500 people that love em with no issue that never post?
At first I didn't think much of the new frameless windows ... that's kind of a misleading description as they do have frames ... just that the window glass seals over the frame instead of inside it. So far they have worked well for us after I sprayed silicone on the seals to be able to open and close them without difficulty. They are easier to clean on the outside since you don't deal with a frame ... you can easily squeegie them off standing on the ground.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduc View Post
I wonder which type are better if at all. Flush style or standard frame style windows.
I couldn't tell you that, but they are not the same as duel pane windows in a house they do not have gas in them just air trapped. Your just paying for a double glass window. Of course it will stop condensation because the wet air from a propane furnace will not contact the cold window. If your windows are condensation from the outside due point then you need some dehumidification. Propane heat is the worst for windows. I have single pane and the outside noise never is a problem. As far as heat go's in the summer when the sunshine hits were will it go. Tented is much better. Shoot a temp gun on single pane and then double pretty much the same. Now if they filled them with gas it might be different but they do no not like a home window. It's just a pocket between two windows....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 AM   #31

Like ours and feel they help.
We camp up here in Alberta until they close most of the campgrounds which is after thanksgiving and have been snowed on twice this year once in August and again just before thanksgiving...
Think most rv's sold up here come with dual pane windows.
As other posts have mention they are not like the windows you would find in a home being heavy and filled with a gas but as first mention feel they help!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Past RV's: Misc.tents,V.W.Campers('65,'69) 2012 Arctic Fox 25S.
[B]Camping Day's: Never Enough
Little John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:28 AM   #32

Love ours and would get them again on our next trailer
Old 11-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I couldn't tell you that, but they are not the same as duel pane windows in a house they do not have gas in them just air trapped.
How do you know this?

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #34

To my knowlege, none of the dual panes on RV's have inert gas inbetween the panes ... just air. Call Attwood, Kinro, or Hehr to verify if you wish. Despite some of the nay sayers, RV dual panes do make a noticable difference to many of us. We layer our clothing to combat Mother Nature, so 2 panes of glass can't hurt either. They do cost a bit more, but say you just spent 50K on a new fiver ... what's another $1000 to $1500 for another accessory?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
How do you know this?
Call FR they will confirm it. It still better then single glass but there is NO GAS between the panes....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #36

Thanks. I do have the dual panes and they do work. However, I do have two that are starting to fog.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Thanks. I do have the dual panes and they do work. However, I do have two that are starting to fog.
Are they frameless ??
Old 11-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #38

Have them, love them, will never have another trailer without them.. For all the same reasons the pro posters have mentioned. And yes I do believe they make a difference in the heat and noise department.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:01 PM   #39

Do the window mfg warranty them or is it through forest river? Also are they covered under extended warranty. Thanks
jjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:40 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
Do the window mfg warranty them or is it through forest river? Also are they covered under extended warranty. Thanks
Most "Extended warranties" don't cover much of anything except maybe appliances and a few other things that seldom if ever go bad...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote