Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2021, 08:48 PM   #1
BHW

electrical

I have a 36ckts How many things can i use if I only have a 30 amp circuit available Also is there video of the operating 6 points leveling system Thanks
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:18 PM   #2

It is a learned skill.

You have to study up on how much equipment uses. How much you have.

Our trailer can draw about. 120 or more amps. Our 50 amp system has about 100 amps available.

We often camp in older parks with 30 amp service. We have a gas fridge. We turn the water heater on gas. We operate on one ac units most of the time. We are careful when first parked as the converter can be drawing a lot.

We do not run the microwave and coffee pot at the same time. My cpap runs on 12 volts. We never use an inverter.

It is a learned thing. Electric refrigerators kind of require lots more electricity.

The DW is the load balancing queen! She has never blown a circuit breaker on 30 amp service. She did blow a 100 amp breaker once. Adding the clothes dryer was the final straw. Houston in the summer! She is good.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
I have a 36ckts How many things can i use if I only have a 30 amp circuit available Also is there video of the operating 6 points leveling system Thanks
Here are some basics:
Basic RV Electricity - RV Information (RV Maintenance)
Also google "RV power usage" and go from there.

Lipert has a pretty good web site, for all their stuff. They also have an app you can download to your phone.

We dont need 100% level, so I level manually.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:06 PM   #4

I have honestly never sweated blowing the breaker for the campground.

The thing to watch is the heat creating appliances, water heater, toaster, coffee maker and hair dryer. You can predict when the coffee maker , toaster and hair dryer are on so don't put them on at the same time. It is hard to predict when the water heater is running and I'm guessing the AC isn't running first thing in the morning.

Here is a good video for the level up system. Note they have a few varieties out there and for me I think the controls user interface is pretty flawed. Setting up is easy. Front jacks , remove trailer then hit "Auto Level".

When leaving I never remember the two buttons to press to go to the "Auto Hitch" height. Instead I go to the manual mode.

Learn the manual mode. It goes as follows--- turn on unit, hit up arrow and menu says hit enter to go into manual mode. Then you do front jacks then either side while watching the level meter. When you want to retract hit retract button.
NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical