Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #1

Factory Tour

We ordered a 34RL2 a couple weeks ago and are only 3 1/2 hours from factory so we drove over and took the tour today. We really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot. This will be our 6th RV but first 5er. We have in the past toured both Jayco and Newmar, I still can't believe Jayco lets anyone see what goes on in their factory! Fortunately Cedar Creek is like Newmar in that it appears to be a first class operation. I really liked what I saw and the tour guide, Angie, was great. The line was all Silverbacks but there was a Hathaway there with the new model mods which we will be getting. All changes we saw are cosmetic with the standout feature of the Hathaway are the dinette and island lights. They call them "gaslights" as they resemble old time gas lights and are very unique. I am hoping to put a dimmer on at least the island lights as they would be awesome mood lights in the evening. I would highly recommend the tour, it takes place at 2pm after everyone is gone and they let you crawl around anywhere you want to go on units in every phase of completion.
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 AM   #2

Topeka Indiana
wmbuttion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #3

Aaaaaah the "Dog and Pony Show" we always put on our best.....until the customer leaves...then it's..."Back to normal."
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #4

Angie is great.
mwdilday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:51 AM   #5

Hi,

If possible, would someone taking a factory tour where they happen to be building Silverbacks, take a picture of the placement of the tanks in the frame, and post it here.

Knowing where the tanks and valves are located would be very useful in case I need to remove the bottom panels to service the water system.

Thanks

Rich Phillips
richp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:35 AM   #6

We have been on the tour before, I would like to do the tour when everyone is working. Had the chance this year at the rally and took the ride to the plant. We wanted to see the new model that we like(38FBD) but we did not go inside the plant. The Silverback that we liked was 37MBH, we both liked the room on the side. I liked the 38FBD, I really like the half bath plus the extra black water tank. One time taking the plant tour tour is enough.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #7

Took the tour last week while at the FROG Rally and spent most of Monday this week getting service at the factory. While waiting on my service I was able to watch some of the assembly activity. They start work at 5:30 am and quit after pushing 13 new units out the door at about 12:30 pm (one unit about every 33 minutes). Those guys actually run around the units doing their job.
I have nothing but high praise for Cedar Creek especially when compared to other manufactures.
Nights Camped: 2017=61
Nights Camped: 2018=25
Nights Camped: 2019=12 | Booked=6
florabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub22908 View Post
We ordered a 34RL2 a couple weeks ago and are only 3 1/2 hours from factory so we drove over and took the tour today. We really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot. This will be our 6th RV but first 5er. We have in the past toured both Jayco and Newmar, I still can't believe Jayco lets anyone see what goes on in their factory! Fortunately Cedar Creek is like Newmar in that it appears to be a first class operation. I really liked what I saw and the tour guide, Angie, was great. The line was all Silverbacks but there was a Hathaway there with the new model mods which we will be getting. All changes we saw are cosmetic with the standout feature of the Hathaway are the dinette and island lights. They call them "gaslights" as they resemble old time gas lights and are very unique. I am hoping to put a dimmer on at least the island lights as they would be awesome mood lights in the evening. I would highly recommend the tour, it takes place at 2pm after everyone is gone and they let you crawl around anywhere you want to go on units in every phase of completion.
We also have a34rl2 on order, it's build date is Aug 24. Any other changes you noticed other than the lights? Thxs
GoonF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #9

wife and I ordered a 35ik first part of june and still haven't herd a word yet
uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:30 PM   #10

We ordered our CC 34RL2 ON JULY 1ST. We called the factory with a question we had about an option and during the discussion was given the build date of Aug 24th.
GoonF250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoonF250 View Post
We ordered our CC 34RL2 ON JULY 1ST. We called the factory with a question we had about an option and during the discussion was given the build date of Aug 24th.

Thanks for the info! We ordered on Aug 5 and were told it would be October, we didn't make the September build run. Did you receive the brochure with 2018 changes which you will have on your 34RL2? If not, I could scan it and email it to you, just send me a PM. Dan
cub22908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #12
wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabama View Post
Took the tour last week while at the FROG Rally and spent most of Monday this week getting service at the factory. While waiting on my service I was able to watch some of the assembly activity. They start work at 5:30 am and quit after pushing 13 new units out the door at about 12:30 pm (one unit about every 33 minutes). Those guys actually run around the units doing their job.
I have nothing but high praise for Cedar Creek especially when compared to other manufactures.
my unit was on the line for 4-5 days before it was finished. It went online on a Monday, Wednesday I went down to see the progress, it was maybe 3/4 thru completion. Maybe (knock on wood) that's why I haven't had any problems yet.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:57 AM   #13
wls

actually now that I'm thinking, it didn't come off line till Monday.
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #14

We looked at the small toy hauler that Cedar Creek was building. I thought the plant manager said the unit was coming out in September, has anyone seen it
Old 09-21-2017, 09:55 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
We looked at the small toy hauler that Cedar Creek was building. I thought the plant manager said the unit was coming out in September, has anyone seen it
I saw that too. Perhaps I didn't look at the unit hard enough but the prototype didn't seem to have access to the garage from inside the trailer.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #16

I'm just now starting out but I know I want a CC and my two main reasons are quality & craftsmanship. Never owned, first time operater so I would love to hear of some must haves for me. I will be spending about 6 months of the year in the unit for now. I don't want to waste money on gadgets that I don't need but truly dont mind spending money on any thing important. Any info will help.thanks
Old 09-21-2017, 12:44 PM   #17

What model are you looking at? You will need two air conditioners in Texas, maybe three. How old are you? Are you married? How many people will stay in camper? I'm sure you will get a lot of information
Old 09-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I saw it at Hershey, it is in the Silverback line. Correct no entry to garage from inside, room in garage for one bike or golf cart, if anything tall the bed can raise for higher clearance in the garage. It is different but not something I would like and would also worry how strong the bed is and how long the mechanics will work on the lift, I am sure some will like it and it will serve the purpose for some
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:22 PM   #19

Thanks a lot. It's probably not for us. The one at the rally that I was looking at as I was coming down from the front I did not see the bar across and nearly knocked myself out. The plant manager said they already five or six sold.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #20

I'm not exactly sure which model but more than likely a 38., it will be two of us. The dealer will try and sell me the world I'm sure, I just want to make sure I get what really important.

Tags
factory