Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #1

First impressions of new Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Just gone back from our trial run with our new 36CKTS. Overall we really like this rig. Two problems with it after looking it over well and using it a few nights. (1.) Some damage on curbside cargo door. A call and a few pictures to Cedar Creek Customer Service and a new door is on its' way (Thank You) (2.) City water would not work. I could get water into the tank only. Dove in a found a damaged check valve at the 3 way water inlet. Check valve was assembled wrong and was installed backwards to make it fit. Probably not done by Cedar Creek, but the supplier of the valve. However it was not caught by the manufacturer or the dealer. I did a very short, late in the day PDI and had to get out of town early the next day to stay ahead of some bad weather, so I took it the way it was. (Later found the tires were inflated to 95 - 135 PSI depending on the tire, told they were all at 110#) Otherwise, the fit and finish is excellent, much higher quality materials than my old SOB. Not real flashy and loaded with cheap frills like so many others. A/C is so much quieter than expected! We got the std Dreamscape mattress..a disappointment. Not so sure the upgrade would have been much better. We can work with it. Wish it had more lighting in the storage areas and closet. I plan to add some in. Spent some time removing all the stickers on the outside. I don't like to advertise for someone else about what axles it has or if there is Nitrogen in the tires. If you are on the fence about getting one...Just do it! happy camping.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #2

We have the 2015 36CKTS and love it, over 10K pulled with little or no trouble.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 04:19 PM   #3

Pick up our 36CKTS from the factory next Tuesday. Can't wait to get it back and hit the road.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #4
wls

The 36 ckts was my pick, but settle with the 1.5 bath, I got to chose the brand, CC

But now, I really like the 38 fb2
2008 Dodge 3500 Dually, Cummins. Amsoil Bypass Oil Filter, 36 Gal aux fuel tank. Mag Hytec Trans pan. Mag Hytec Diff Pan. 6 speed autostick. 3:73, Timbrens, Smarty JR. Equipped.
2016 Cedar Creek 38FB2, Hydra Star disc brakes,
400 watt Rich solar on top,200 watts of suitcase
wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:30 PM   #5

We have a 2002 36CKTS. After a few initial items has been good although spring shackles failed at 30000 miles due to poor Quality steel.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:31 PM   #6

Have 15 36 ckts. Only few problems with residential fridge.
Mahlstedtd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek