Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #1

Flooring tearing under sofabed

We have a 2020 Hathaway 34IK which we are enjoying. Recently we moved the sofabed out to clean behind and noticed that the flooring under the bed was being torn by the sofa mechanism as it was being extended into a bed. Both sides have large chunks of flooring ripped completely out of it.
Anyone else seeing this issue?
I will never go back to the dealer in Sefner so I need to figure out how to get it repaired and would it even be a warranty issue?
Second, we also have a pretty strong vibration coming from the rear AC unit. Feels like"Magic Fingers" when sitting in the recliners! Local dealer her in Clearwater said they didn't find anything vibrating.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-13-2020, 03:29 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
AC Unit fan is out of balance switch between lo and hi fan to confirm. Possible it froze at one time and bent the squirrel cage. As far as the floor I would get a piece of hardboard/masonite and cut a strip to out when the mechanism is running the floor.

To get a mobile tech to fix a Call to Foresst River and have your VIN ready. Take picture and record a video of the AC noise to send to them.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #3
Commercial Member

tcrossan,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...72080005500323.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:45 PM   #4

Carpet Ripping under sofa bed

We have a Cedar Creek 2019 Champagne 38EFK, fitted with Franklin furniture. The sofa bed we use has caused damage to the carpet in the slide every time it is turned into a bed, and again as it converts back into a sofa.
Hitechpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:00 PM   #5

Cedar Creek Quality Issues

Further to my earlier post, I would additionally like to mention that one of the gas struts supporting the door on my external TV locker has torn itself from the door. I would assume that this is due to the fact that there is no reinforcement built into the door structure, meaning that the screws are threaded into polystyrene foam!
Hitechpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrossan View Post
We have a 2020 Hathaway 34IK which we are enjoying. Recently we moved the sofabed out to clean behind and noticed that the flooring under the bed was being torn by the sofa mechanism as it was being extended into a bed. Both sides have large chunks of flooring ripped completely out of it.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

I will never go back to the dealer in Sefner so I need to figure out how to get it repaired and would it even be a warranty issue?

Second, we also have a pretty strong vibration coming from the rear AC unit. Feels like"Magic Fingers" when sitting in the recliners! Local dealer her in Clearwater said they didn't find anything vibrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

We have a 2020 CC 34IK as well. This past week we took granddaughters to the lake and noticed that when we tried to extend sofa bed into the bed position that it was tearing the carpet. This is the first time using it. I have called Cedar Creek and am hoping for a response. In the mean time was wondering what they had to do to fix this issue. Thank you.
JFussell
jfussellrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #7

FR said they have a known issue and would help with the repair of the damage. But I was traveling and couldn't get to the dealership for a month. Then "THE VIRUS" hit and we went on lockdown. So, it hasn't been addressed by me, the dealership or FR yet.
Will post the results when they happen.
tcrossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 05:54 PM   #8

Thank you. I spoke with Morgan at FR this afternoon and she instructed me to take it to a local dealer so that they can take pictures and document damage/ cause of problem. She was not personally aware of a recall or warranty issue.
JFussell
jfussellrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, floor, flooring