Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 06:35 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Hey Tex if you could make it to one of the FROG Rallies you would find a lot of helpful owners to help steer you in the right directions, even try to find out if the Cedar Creek Owners club is having one you could attend ( BandJCam could assist here ) they have a lot of knowledge to pass on. If you could make the international Rally in Goshen that would be the best as techs are on hand and a lot of seminars to learn more about the rv operation are offered. Good luck and hope you find the help you need.
Thank you we would love this. Never heard of this rallies.
TexasGolfBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #82

Thank you all for being so kind with your responses. We continue to learn more with every comment made.
TexasGolfBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGolfBum View Post
Thank you we would love this. Never heard of this rallies.
Check out the link below plus there are still spots open to attend.

Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:40 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
No, but that is the only one we asked them to address. I can do the rest, and having previously owned travel trailers, I expect to do most of it myself anyway. My point is FR went beyond the warranty for us. It never hurts to try and see what they say. Dealers are another story, especially since they make less on warranty work than they do on "customer" work.

My Cedar Creek is four years old and the factory just paid to have my front cap repainted. Last year the factory paid for $3,000 bucks of stuff that wasn’t covered under warranty, the Cedar Creek was three years old then. We only had 12 months of warranty like everyone else, we didn’t buy the second year warranty. The Cedar Creek factory has been very good to us
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:39 PM   #85

Study hard. Look around.

In my past I was paid to make decisions for others

I listen to everyone. Personal opinions by folks need to be evaluated. Consider the source. Your mind needs to be open.

Our criteria, needs and wants changed a lot. Went from a cheaper to more expensive unit. I could see the difference. I thought our Hathaway was the best bang for the buck. The gd was prettier.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #86

I have a 2018 Riverstone 39fk, we love in ours probably 9 to 10 months out of the year, the only issue I had wit mine was my fireplace went out and the people who make it was right on spot with making it right they sent me a brand new one, I’ve called Forrest river on a couple occasions to find they were awesome to deal with
JojoCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #87

Also I have a few friends who own Grand Designs and they are nice trailers but, in my opinion they’re nothing like a Riverstone as far as being built to live in full time
JojoCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 04:59 AM   #88

X2 JoJo

Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM   #89

Forest River vs. Grand Design

So, maybe some of you have followed my threads on my Cedar Creek. When I picked up my Coach, I deemed it near perfect. Gorgeous Coach. Delivery was professional and they spent all the time w me I wanted.

With the accident, I got the Creek to repairs by Amish Family RV. Now I realize the first impressions that the Coach was near perfect was not correct, it was good in some things and very good in others.

But after the Creek visited the repair facility I can now say it’s near perfect. The doors have all been adjusted properly and it makes a difference. There are many other details like that. Orvan took amazing care of the Creek and I mean care born out of expert knowledge, expert craftsmanship, and a commitment to do it right. I actually bought a Cedar Creek because of CCRVOC and the service that Cedar Creek offers their customers.

I’m sure Cedar Creek’s are not perfect and I’m sure some folks feel like the organization let them down. But I’ve never had that experience w Forest River and this is my 5th product I’ve owned. Three Rockwoods, one Sunseeker and now the Creek. Now 32 years of great camping. The first camping trip I ever missed was this Memorial Day and that was because of the accident.

But let’s face it, these Coach’s are moving down a crazy bumpy freeway, and they ALL take tender loving care. One has to like being a tinker bell. I’m actually surprised sometimes that we don’t have more problems.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #90

I would consider a Gran Design Reflection, Rockwood Signature, Winn Minnie Plus all in the same category........hard to go wrong with any of those.
RET.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river