Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2019, 05:58 PM   #1

Forest River warranty dept contact

I have a 2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway that has been in the shop now for 5 weeks getting a few minor issues repaired under warranty and the dealership is telling me the delay is they are waiting on Forest River to approve the repairs.

Not sure if that is true or not so I would like to contact Forest River myself.

Does anyone out there have a good contact with the company that might help me get answers?

Thanks.
Rdgillilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #2
Always Learning

You should be able to start here:
https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/c...thaway-edition
Old 12-19-2019, 08:02 PM   #3

Rdgillilan you need to be your own advocate and contact Forest River directly. Have your VIN # ready for them. We had to do this and within 24 hours we were scheduled for warranty repairs at the factory as we had little trust that our dealership could handle the repairs as they had already tried once. Our dealer was a part of the original delay and so was the original factory warranty advisor. The original warranty advisor was ill during the initial contact and was eventually hospitalized with no one following up on his customers. I decided to bypass the electronic contacts and phone them.

A warning though that both dealerships and the factory are generally projecting a 4-6 wait. We scheduled ours in late October for the week of December 2. Got a call 4 days later to pick it up.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Rdgillilan,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...24358812733771.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 05:59 PM   #5

Wish I could get service like that.

We have a Coachman 248 RBS. We had it in the shop at two different locations of the same dealership for a total of 2 months only to take a trip cross country to have water enter the TT whenever we had to drive in the rain. According to a rep at forest river it is a simple fix. Install two small blocks of foam and a new wipe beneath the slide out. Have now asked rep to send me the parts as I have no faith in the service department at either location of the dealership.

On another note how hard is it to get a refund on the extended warranty. Who wants a warranty if the initial warranty cant be completed.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas. Oops sorry, Happy Holidays. I forgot you cant say Merry Christmas any more because some people don't like when you say Merry Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
Rdgillilan,

Thank you for being a part of the Cedar Creek family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Nick Schrock in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: http://www.forestriverinc.com/Direct...24358812733771.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #6

Top Notch Customer Service!!!!

We special ordered our RTH and it was during the model year change. it came with a some issues but i am here to say. Forrest River customer service has been top notch to work with and can only praise positive comments. In conjunction of working with Orvin (Amish Family RV) those two esablishments are out of this world!!!!
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #7

Amish Family RV makes buying a Cedar Creek much less risky.
MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #8

Bought a 2020 36ck2 and while camping over the summer, we were just sitting there watching tv & the emergency exit window next to the tv just shattered (its tempered glass). Taped it all up for the ride home and called the dealer (they are 700 miles away). Sent pictures and a letter of explanation to the dealer and got warranty replacement approval from cedar creek. Waited a few weeks, still not shipped yet. Contacted Denise Davis at cedar creek and she told me they received the replacement, but was damaged and that it would be a few weeks for a new one. I told her I had an out of state trip in a few weeks, so that day she took a window off the line and had it expedited delivery to my house. Thanks denise. Also had an issue with all 4 rims on my rig (I have a thread on it). Contacted lionshead rim and tire and they sent me 4 new rims under warranty. Thank you Beth Scott. Have an appt. with Orvan in january for some small issues and have him go over the whole rig. I think the 725 mile trip wil be worth it. I cant complain about cedar creek.
wayne272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:38 PM   #9

Denise is the best!!
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post
Denise is the best!!
Yes she is but from info I have received she has been let go from Cedar Creek, not a very good idea in my opinion but this is what I heard, not sure where or what she is doing at this time but maybe Orvan should pick her up she would make a great addition there.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 08:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Yes she is but from info I have received she has been let go from Cedar Creek, not a very good idea in my opinion but this is what I heard, not sure where or what she is doing at this time but maybe Orvan should pick her up she would make a great addition there.
OMG say it ain't so
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith52 View Post
OMG say it ain't so
Unless someone changed their mind over the holidays, yup it is true
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by campers302 View Post
We have a Coachman 248 RBS. We had it in the shop at two different locations of the same dealership for a total of 2 months only to take a trip cross country to have water enter the TT whenever we had to drive in the rain. According to a rep at forest river it is a simple fix. Install two small blocks of foam and a new wipe beneath the slide out. Have now asked rep to send me the parts as I have no faith in the service department at either location of the dealership.

On another note how hard is it to get a refund on the extended warranty. Who wants a warranty if the initial warranty cant be completed.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas. Oops sorry, Happy Holidays. I forgot you cant say Merry Christmas any more because some people don't like when you say Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas! We're more than happy to say it!
Member Travel Resorts of America
Retired and adventurous!
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 10:04 AM   #14

Wrong MOVE..

I heard the same that Denise was let go as well. They are loosing on a real person that is the FACE to FR when is comes to great customer service.
4garylee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, warranty