Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #1

Front A/C Issue

Our trailer is used seasonally and about to be opened up again for the next 8 months or so.

I ran into a problem with our front A/C last summer and am about to look into it again for this season. If the front A/C is set to cool with fan on automatic the compressor starts and runs (without the fan running) for about 30 seconds then simultaneously the compressor shuts off and the fan comes on and runs for about a minute. 10 minutes later the cycle repeats. Without the fan running the compressor builds to an excessive pressure and is shut down for protection. If I set the fan to run on high prior to switching it to cool the fan will continually run and the compressor will cycle as needed to maintain temp. The only way to get cooling from the unit is to have continual fan operation.

In an attempt to correct the condition I have replaced both of the capacitors as well as the circuit board within the unit. Additionally I have reset the thermostat.

Suggestions?
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #2

It may be the stat and the auto run position. If the compressor is starting and the fan is running in high (normal auto run position) you know the capacitors are fine. It could be your time delay switch but I really feel you need to take a look at the stat. If you have a second stat try switching them out (if you do make sure power is secured) let the forum know what you find.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply! One t-stat runs all so I don’t have a second stat to switch with... I was thinking this might be needed: https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-33120...control+center But I do not know if I even have one in my system??? Hoping someone might know.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote