RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-22-2020, 12:53 PM   #1

Front cubies in a 33ik

We have a 2021 Silverback 33ik without a washer or dryer. My bride was wondering what folks use to keep stuff in the cubies when traveling down the road. We bought it in July and brought it home and moved into it fulltime. We are going to Asheboro in Nov with the grandson and wanted to try some ideas. We will be heading out in Feb fulltime. Can't wait to travel with our 33ik. Thanks
Old 10-22-2020, 01:43 PM   #2

We have a 2016 33IK. We put stuff in the cubbies all the time. Donít need to do anything special as this is probably the smoothest riding place in the 5th wheel. Right over the pin box. Nothing has ever shifted or moved while up front.

Actually pretty smooth All the way back to the long counter against the bathroom wall in the kitchen. We keep our coffee pot, some flowers and a basket there. Does not move.

Now we have the EZ-Flex suspension which I think makes a big difference in ride along with the Air Ride hitch. I can feel hard bumps when tv goes over a bump or hole but do not feel the RV...
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #3

We also have a 33ik that we picked up in June. I agree with Astrodave20 that not too much movement in the front. We have used some soft sided small totes that fit on the shelves and we think that helps. In my opinion, FR has made a huge error by putting on the Rhino Box king pin and moved away from the Air-Ride. I believe that the Rhino Box is awful. It bumps and chucks really bad which causes the ride to be very rough. Because of this, I have switched my King Pin to the MorRyde Rubber Pin box. The difference is like night and day. Why FR made this change is beyond me. I suppose it is cheaper and their profit margin goes up but, in one person's opinion, it is a huge mistake. Happy travels.

Pullrite Superglide #2900 ISR Hitch
2021 CC Silverback 33ik
dcrajr is offline   Reply With Quote