Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 10:03 AM   #1

Smile Great customer service experience from Cedar Creek

A lot of folks that post here are having issues and some are not happy at all with the response they receive from the manufacturer. We have had a few issues with our 2021 Cedar Creek 36CK2 ourselves, but I have to say Cedar Creek has been fairly easy to deal with and has taken care of every issue we have encountered during our first year of ownership.

We recently returned from a 7000 mile 2 month plus trip out west to most of the great national parks, then onto our 2nd appointment with Amish Family RV service in Topeka IN for some upgrades and final warranty item checks and repairs as August 3rd is our 1 year anniversary.

Amish Family RV service is located about 2 miles from the Cedar Creek plant so while there, we took a tour of the plant for the 2nd time. Thanks Tyler Alamo for an interesting and very informative tour. We also met and talked with a few of the customer service people there and they were all courteous and seemed genuinely concerned about taking care of our issues.

Best Buy was replacing our Insignia refrigerator under warranty but had sent us an email that it was backordered until August 19th or later. One of the factory customer service folks somehow got our replacement refrigerator delivered to Amish Family for installation in 2 days. While out west, I had called Lippert components about an issue with our driver side front jack drifting down while traveling.

Danille set us up with an appointment at the LevelUp plant where they replaced both front jacks, she also had a Lippert tech come out and replace our electronic thermostat control that was not letting us access our main ac.

The tech called me and let me know he had replaced it and all was working well, he also asked me if there was anything else he needed to check. I told him that our OneControl touchscreen would sometimes lockup and have to be reset so he installed a new touchscreen and downloaded all of the settings to a USB thumb drive for us. Thanks Dakota, James and Danille with Lippert.

We had also contacted Dexter about 1 of our wheels leaking grease from the rear seal and they sent a new brake assembly and paid for the change out.

We spent a few months researching and looking at Cardinal, Montana, Grand Design Solitude and Riverstone.

IMHO our Cedar Creek Hathaway was the best bang for the buck and we really liked the interior finish the best. I also like that the exterior walls are built (not laminated like most brands) like a home with studs every 16 inches or less and bolted to the floor & roof.

And the thing that cinched the Cedar Creek over the others for us was having the option to take it to Orvan and his crew at Amish Family RV, they know EVERYTHING Cedar Creek and on both trips found items unknown to us that needed repaired or replaced and worked with the factory to get them done in 1 day not weeks.

I wish every RV owner had some place as good as Amish Family RV to have their rv serviced at. Our warranty is soon up and I hope we don't have any issues for a while.

Cedar Creek has taken care of every issue we have had during our warranty period.
2019 Hemisphere GLX 273RL Sold
Teamster4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #2

paragraphs please...

a solid wall of text is impossible to read...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
paragraphs please...

I agree. I wanted to read it, so I opened it up and BAM!!! I had to shut it down.

OP — you still have time to edit your post and break it up into paragraphs so it will be more reader-friendly.

I would like to read it.

Bruce
Old 07-30-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
Fin

I read it, no problem. Thanks for the review!
Fin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #5

Quote:
paragraphs please...

Done
2019 Hemisphere GLX 273RL Sold
Teamster4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamster4life View Post
Done
Thank you.

That made it very pleasant to read.

I have always been a fan of Forest River customer service and how well they take care of customers after the sale. I just wish they would start putting this kind of effort into their units during the build.

Bruce
Old 07-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Great to hear positive news!

Thank you for correcting too!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:20 PM   #8

x2 on Orvan. Have 3rd appointment schedule for April 2022 after getting back from Florida. Orvan is one great guy, hopefully they can clone him someday, as we need more individuals like him.

Safe travels all -

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:03 AM   #9

We are looking to buy in the next 2 years and CC is one we are looking at. It is great to read about the fantastic service everyone receives at Amish Family RV. Problem is, Topeka IN is not close to us and is not a desirable destination for us, so CC warranty service goes down to the dismal level of every other RV brand, forcing us to get pre-approval and use independent service only shops.
It would be note worthy if the service Orvan gives could be duplicated at other CC service centers.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:18 PM   #10

Paragraphs???

Quote:
paragraphs please...

Did you read the same post I did??
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
Did you read the same post I did??
The OP edited their post by making paragraphs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
We are looking to buy in the next 2 years and CC is one we are looking at. It is great to read about the fantastic service everyone receives at Amish Family RV. Problem is, Topeka IN is not close to us and is not a desirable destination for us, so CC warranty service goes down to the dismal level of every other RV brand, forcing us to get pre-approval and use independent service only shops.
It would be note worthy if the service Orvan gives could be duplicated at other CC service centers.
I'm having fits with my RV to the point that when it does get fixed then I may just sell it and be done with RV'ing. Cedar Creek can be just as junky as anything else. I was in Indiana during early July. Every RV maintenance place has a jammed up schedule and it is so bad it is a month wait just for them to tell you when they can examine it to be fixed. Many of the campgrounds were full waiting on appointments for repairs!!! That condition simply says that the RV's we purchase or of very, very poor quality.

I'm happy the original poster likes his unit but taking it to Orvan multiple times is not a statement of quality and pretty much the opposite.

My advice to all is keep your existing trailer and don't buy a new one until you can be assured that the conditions that I saw in July are no longer present.

We customers shouldn't be accepting this garbage and like I said I doubt they get any more of my money!!!
NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, customer service, service